Sign in to follow this  
MamaDarkness

WU - GM Functions Discussion

I've been struggling to find a answer to this, and I apologize if it's elsewhere.. 

But is there a command/action to set a player as "CM"?

I am looking to be able to play a non-GM character, earn my own skills, not appear as "GM" to other players, etc..  And still be able to respond to Support Tickets, and all the tasks of a "CM".

I've discovered setting "CA" through a GM+ character, but not "CM". 

And of course on the CA character you can only see a ticket, not respond/resolve it. 

-Thank you in advance for any tips on resolving this =). 

Am I not able to change a players Faith or make them a champion?

Is there a way as a level 5 GM to lower a tile that has rock on one corner? 

I tried to activate my wand and dig and it did not work it gave me the can not dig on solid rock error. The slope is to steep for a sculpting wand and i did a search for rock and did not see anything listed. 

Edit: I know you can take it all down to rock and mine it down but surly there is a way for a gm to lower it without removing all the dirt. 

Edited by Kegan

Am I not able to change a players Faith or make them a champion?

activate ebony wand, right click ebony wand, Servers > Set Faith

I have the wand and am having a blast but....a few issues yet.

1. how do I set a diety on an altar? I did the three altar thing and chose Vynora. I changed my faith to Vynora...but the altar? I can't pray etc.

2. spawning? I want to spawn flowers in the grass on painting..the auxdata has grass and grass/misc trees but where are the flowers?

3. Is there a way to designate if plants are young, old, very old etc?

4. I would like to spawn a bunch of sheep at one time.  How do I do that?

I sure hope someone will catagorize all the questions with their answers someplace.....the forums are such a mismash its hard to find what you're looking for even if it's actually there somewhere.

1. You bless an altar using a statuette of the required god for gold and silver altars, make sure you make a gold or silver deity statuette, other materials won't give the spell option when right clicking with an active statuette.

4. when summoning there's a quantity box, so you can spawn a load of creatures at once.

Not sure about spawning flowers on grass, sorry.

For trees and bushes you can set their age after spawning them on a tile however, not sure if you can set that when spawning, but you can adjust ages afterward.

Thank you for the answers...very helpful.

Do you know why I have negative icons up in the right hand corner. (slash damg 10%, etc)

I expect you have successfully read one of the Tomes you found, you get powers, but also debuffs in the form of weaknesses to certain types of attack.

Devs (implementors) can spawn Christmas lights! never forget the christmas lights.

Thanks for the little guide

Ok you mentioned but for the life of me can't figure out how to do it.....and nobody has said anything else about....so how do you make the christmas lights?

Type #xmaslight AS dev

Thank you!! and that would be the reason - (me) typical american tried looking up everything "Christ" mas lol

But the light doesnt stay for long. Server restart an its gone

But the light doesnt stay for long. Server restart an its gone

Thats ok....now that i now where it is....trying to set it up as a mission trigger...(like adventure server) except examine settlement form...display lights at token type thing

You can see the HOTA time on village tokens, under settlement info.

To adjust the time I think there's only the database edit method, NextHota is in wurmlogin.db in the SERVERS table. 

Not sure how it's formatted, but the smaller the number, the closer it is to beginning, a few thousand seems to make it start pretty soon after the server is restarted, (2000-5000 or so).

Anyway to GM create other kingdoms items, somehow i cant generate non freedom stuff on creative 

Anyway to GM create other kingdoms items, somehow i cant generate non freedom stuff on creative 

You can change kingdom as GM, as long as you are not the mayor of a deed.

Activate ebony wand, right click on an ivory wand, creatures, change kingdom.

Tried it on creative with no success, and it is also missing the Custom kingdoms which files are still listed in the graphic jar

Ok back to the altar and making an altar a specific deity. 

1. My gm, I went and became Vynorian then created a gold alter with wand. Then created a statuette of Vyn and I still when selecting it to cast bless on the alter no option of spells.. Now I have the faith and other skills. But also cannot do skill/learn and make them go up as they are no in the list. 

What am I doing wrong to create an alter for my server for others to have. I am trying to make one of each god for them in one building .

Also how do I give GM more skill in faith and favor if they are not learnable  skills..?

Tried it on creative with no success, and it is also missing the Custom kingdoms which files are still listed in the graphic jar

I'm curious about this myself.

Our PMK's used a "MR" template but all items are being produced as Freedom Isles textures. What gives?

Guards look correct...

Edited by Trake

Ok back to the altar and making an altar a specific deity. 

1. My gm, I went and became Vynorian then created a gold alter with wand. Then created a statuette of Vyn and I still when selecting it to cast bless on the alter no option of spells.. Now I have the faith and other skills. But also cannot do skill/learn and make them go up as they are no in the list. 

What am I doing wrong to create an alter for my server for others to have. I am trying to make one of each god for them in one building .

Also how do I give GM more skill in faith and favor if they are not learnable  skills..?

You need a statuette made of gold or silver, no other materials will work.

Right clicking the ebony wand on an item and going to the server menu you'll find the faith setting menu, where you can set the faith and favour, and deity of your choice.

• Like 1

I'm curious about this myself.

Our PMK's used a "MR" template but all items are being produced as Freedom Isles textures. What gives?

Guards look correct...

Yep and there is 12 texture alone for wagons so it sad

Not a reply but another question......when you've played awhile on your server, is it possible to start the server again from the beginning so its like when you first started?