Sign in to follow this  
MamaDarkness

WU - GM Functions Discussion

Is there a way to shutdown the server with a delay and announcment message when running the sever in headless mode? I can type shutdown in the console and it works, but would prefer to be able to do a delayed shutdown with a message like you can when shutting down the server via the GUI.

Altar of three is set to Fo only. All other statues are Fo. How can i fix this?

Hi all I am new at this server Admin stuff. My server is hosted by Blue Fang and I need to give myself GM powers. What actual file would I download from my server that will need to be edited to accomplish this as well as setting the PVE/PVP setting and basic settings?

Thank you for any assistance on this.

Dingo Dog

So I set a focus area NO Build and people can build in that area what gives?? am I reading how this works wrong??

I think i put this in wrong place so I moved it over here...

Is the focus area NO Build supposed to create an area that disallows building??

So I've tried changing my skills via the "Skills > Learn" and it does nothing, even after a relog.  Halp?

Anyone?

Is there a way to shutdown the server with a delay and announcment message when running the sever in headless mode? I can type shutdown in the console and it works, but would prefer to be able to do a delayed shutdown with a message like you can when shutting down the server via the GUI.

Yes, if you log into the server with a GM character activate your ebony wand, right click on another item in your inventory, go to Server > Shutdown server.

I would really like some information on the following things:

1: How can we spawn a creature?/ change one to another? (for example, changing a wolf to a dragon) Edit: I hadn't realized that right clicking summon and ground rick clicking Ground - summon were different.

2: Do lairs function and if so, how can we change what spawns out of them? is that even possible?   Point is moot now that I discovered wand spawning.

I'm so happy to be able to spawn on the spot! 

Made a goblin leader with several followers as Goblins follow like hens on a rooster.

Edited by Bubblegum

I would really like some information on the following things:

1: How can we spawn a creature?/ change one to another? (for example, changing a wolf to a dragon)

2: Do lairs function and if so, how can we change what spawns out of them? is that even possible?

activate ebony wand, right click ground, specials > summon

You cannot change existing creatures.  You could kill it and spawn a new one though.

lairs would all be in the java code.

Is it possible for us to obtain a details description of all the "Server Features" that are under the Creature->Features settings? Most of them are common sense, but a few for example the ownership papers. Are those the deed writs that phyiscally sit in the inventory? Or was that completely removed and coded into the structure menus?

has anyone else created the 2000gk alter of three in there pocket then cant drop it, cant destroy it, cant summon it out of inventory, cant set data or restrictions? anyway to get rid of it other than changing the item id in the database?

has anyone else created the 2000gk alter of three in there pocket then cant drop it, cant destroy it, cant summon it out of inventory, cant set data or restrictions? anyway to get rid of it other than changing the item id in the database?

Create a second one then you can drop both and destroy them

I deleted the bone altar on my creative map so I could put a new one in a different place. I figured out how to spawn the new altar but can't get it lit. Any suggestions?

should lit after server restart, and i believe you can have just one of the white and black altars on each server

If restarting wont work try this...i found this comment from mamadarkness on another place

In the database you can see the first altar of three, it has bless as value 1 and enchant as value 5. I set those on the 2nd alter and restarted etc, didn't work.

Destroying the first altar from the database and restarting, all of a sudden the 2nd one works that I made and it has the light

Edit: i dont know in which sql table you can find the settings of the altar of 3

Edited by Eject

Create a second one then you can drop both and destroy them

Alternatively, /suicide then return and bury your corpse, the altar will pop out.

Is it possible for us to obtain a details description of all the "Server Features" that are under the Creature->Features settings? Most of them are common sense, but a few for example the ownership papers. Are those the deed writs that phyiscally sit in the inventory? Or was that completely removed and coded into the structure menus?

These would be put in there by DEVS and few wurm online gm's even saw them before and for those who could they were not played around with.  Most are obvious.  But we never really even look in there to see what is new or not, as I said they are dev controlled and even though Arch gm's can adjust them, they are not permitted to in Wurm Online live servers.

CA help groups lets you merge ca help channels across servers (use from login server only)

allow ca to see mgmt is obvious.  ca didn't see that channel at one time.

surface water as far as I know does not work.

name change i have no idea if works or seen it used ever.

ownership papers might be related to the old papers before the permission changes?  I can't remember if it was there before or not, as I said this is not a menu we even really look at as GM's.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/133534-gm-command-question/

Currently on Steam beta branch. Latest change added this commands:

#changemodel fullmodelname - self-explanatory, GM tier 2+, you must use FULL model name or you will become "?" bag instead
#changemodel fullmodelname playername time - GM tier 4+, sets any model for any player. Time up to 3600 (one hour), can be used only on PvE servers. 

• Like 2

Add info from irc:

Warlander: full model name with dots in a middle must be used

"Community assistants are not available on this server. Please ask the other players instead or use /support if you need help from the game administrators." How to enable CA?

#toggleca name

not working

@

[19:56:14] Scadouge is now appointed Community Assistant.

[19:58:15] You must toggle the CA window using the command /ca first.

/ca

[19:56:22] Community assistants are not available on this server. Please ask the other players instead or use /support if you need help from the game administrators.

Edited by Scadouge

not all servers have a CA help chat ie: pvp.  So that is likely why, i'm not sure how to enable it.

• Like 1

Is there a way to change a players Faith or make them a champion?

you can set all skills as gm with your wand...because champion, i dont know how this work