Sign in to follow this  
MamaDarkness

WU - GM Functions Discussion

you create the deed same as normal.  spawn a settlement form and use that, or can probably use a deed stake too.  Just when you place it as gm you can check it to be 'permament' and not require upkeep which then makes it a default spawn point as well

Ok great that worked... does the GM just have to carry around all these settlement deed papers in his inventory??

you can only be mayor of one settlement.  You would need to make alts to be the mayor of each town you want to make.

How to we change items in a salesman NPC?

you would have to get a mod, or edit the code base yourself.

you would have to get a mod, or edit the code base yourself.

Oh crap so the stuff they have for sale we are stuck with until modded? Thats a bummer..

ok I accidentally created a hole ..how do I remove it or cover it??      See Below

ok just so others can know this.

made a hole with E wand. Was ugly and empty at first..walked into it to see what happens...I died. Went back and there was no way to click on this great ugly square of emptiness..so did a restart with server in maintenance mode. Came back and it turned it into a water tile.

So Holes become Water tiles after server restart.

Edited by metis

ok I accidentally created a hole ..how do I remove it or cover it??      See Below

ok just so others can know this.

made a hole with E wand. Was ugly and empty at first..walked into it to see what happens...I died. Went back and there was no way to click on this great ugly square of emptiness..so did a restart with server in maintenance mode. Came back and it turned it into a water tile.

So Holes become Water tiles after server restart.

I did the same thing, I ended up scrapping the map and restarting. Had no idea what you did could have worked but it did later dawn on me I could have probably used the paint terain tool.

paint terrain 3x3 with an ebony wand will fix the hole. (set data on the wand to 3, 3, 5,)

How do we create portals from one server to another? Or is this not possible?

How do we create portals from one server to another? Or is this not possible?

Server neighbours, then choose a map to attach to each direction.

You then travel to them by boat.

Server neighbours, then choose a map to attach to each direction.

You then travel to them by boat.

Thank you I have that working I was wondering if we had a way to create a portal.

So what is the exact thing you have to type to toggle flight, I havent been able to fly yet

I did the same thing with the hole,  I went back and put a mine door over it then changed the terrain, it worked fine.

For the items on sale at the trader just make stuff in GM mode and put it on the trader

please tell me there is a way to get a wand. I have a hosting company and set my account to level 5 by editing the wurmplayers.db but now lack the wand. I have logged out and back on several times and I have not recieved the wand.

please tell me there is a way to get a wand. I have a hosting company and set my account to level 5 by editing the wurmplayers.db but now lack the wand. I have logged out and back on several times and I have not recieved the wand.

if you have the skill to edit the database, you could just open the wurmitems database and in the items table there will be the items in the players inventory.  #176 (templateid) is an ebony wand, you could just edit a hatchet or something in your inventory to be that number and it will become a wand with the name 'hatchet' etc.  then you can use that to spawn a new wand to get all the right names etc.  Not an optimal solution, but it works.

if you have the skill to edit the database, you could just open the wurmitems database and in the items table there will be the items in the players inventory.  #176 (templateid) is an ebony wand, you could just edit a hatchet or something in your inventory to be that number and it will become a wand with the name 'hatchet' etc.  then you can use that to spawn a new wand to get all the right names etc.  Not an optimal solution, but it works.

Super thx, the number you gave me will help me tons.

For the items on sale at the trader just make stuff in GM mode and put it on the trader

on a blank map how do you add a trader I keep getting can not add trader to server 

Edited by damine

on a blank map how do you add a trader I keep getting can not add trader to server 

You can spawn one with summon and it is called a salesman instread of a trader in the summon dialog. You can also enable the contracts if you wan't them to be bought and spawned by anyone in a menu called features.

I deleted the bone altar on my creative map so I could put a new one in a different place. I figured out how to spawn the new altar but can't get it lit. Any suggestions?

Hahaha, I almost asked where the database was as I was looking at the folder with the tables in it!  :D

No way I break this!   :huh:

So I've tried changing my skills via the "Skills > Learn" and it does nothing, even after a relog.  Halp?