Sign in to follow this  
MamaDarkness

WU - GM Functions Discussion

I see you can do #testaffinity but can you reset an affinity for someone?

I cannot adjust player roles via the Dedicated Server tab. Every time I click on the PLayers drop down menu the client freezes and I have to manually abort.

I have a GM character on unlimeted, but have minimum skills and strength, how would I change that, I also created an altar of 3 in my inventory and cant destroy it, how would I  do that?

I do not know how to destroy an Altar of the Three, but there should be one spawned in your world already.  Look for the white light reaching all the way to the sky.

if you suicide, the altar will be in the corpse.  bury the corpse and the altar appears, then destroy that altar.

I have a GM character on unlimeted, but have minimum skills and strength, how would I change that, I also created an altar of 3 in my inventory and cant destroy it, how would I  do that?

you can set skills with the ebony wand.  right click the wand, Cratures, learn.

I cannot adjust player roles via the Dedicated Server tab. Every time I click on the PLayers drop down menu the client freezes and I have to manually abort.

if you need, you can use sqlitebrowser and just edit the player database, there is a value for 'power' in there you can just put 0-5 in it.

Now that i have the Black light on the ground its not working?

restart the server for it to update for those.

Now if only the OP would gather all of the commands listed in these pages, and put them in the OP <3

As a GM, is there a way to set up a new start point for new players when your server is not set to home and has no kingdoms?

Is there a way to give people premium without giving them 1 sleep powder per month? >.>

Gave someone 5000 months of premium and they got 5000 sleep powder. Doing anything with it crashes them...

Also posted this to Jberg's quick start guide thread.  As an Arch-GM (tier 4), I apparently cannot modify rock terrain near the Altar of Three, but I can dig up the dirt all I want.  Can tier 5 modify the rock terrain there or is it blocked for everyone?

Edit:

Wait, scratch that, I am tier 5.  Well...crap.

Edited by Carnaxus

Greeting.

1: Is there anyway to auto level all skills at one time to 99.? Silly to have to do Each one separately as a GM..?

2: Are there multiple levels of flight speed. or just the default speed once you bind flight.?

3: Why do horses not stay tame once tamed by 99 taming skill. If I log out the horse is back to untamed.?                

4: Also anyway to tame without using a grass as GM..This seems silly as GM..?

5: More to come.. But You Gm's MUST HAVE had server building tools, cause there is NO WAY you built the whole server towns and others with just the wand GM tool..??

Its kinda of a Watered down version of what a REAL GM in theory should be.. or is it just me..?

And if you did build it that way, I applaud your HARD WORK.

Thank you. 

• Like 1

Ok, maybe I'm just derping, but I can't find where or how to create a wand, or any other item for that matter. Made my toon level 5 gm, so that part is good to go.

Now just how to create wands and items?

Ok, maybe I'm just derping, but I can't find where or how to create a wand, or any other item for that matter. Made my toon level 5 gm, so that part is good to go.

Now just how to create wands and items?

You should have logged back in with a wand.  If you haven't relogged since making the change, relog.

Is there a way to give people premium without giving them 1 sleep powder per month? >.>

Gave someone 5000 months of premium and they got 5000 sleep powder. Doing anything with it crashes them...

the #addmoney command can add premium.  (or silver or both)

you can also set the qa status on someone, then they are premium without having to pay.

Greeting.

1: Is there anyway to auto level all skills at one time to 99.? Silly to have to do Each one separately as a GM..?

2: Are there multiple levels of flight speed. or just the default speed once you bind flight.?

3: Why do horses not stay tame once tamed by 99 taming skill. If I log out the horse is back to untamed.?                

4: Also anyway to tame without using a grass as GM..This seems silly as GM..?

5: More to come.. But You Gm's MUST HAVE had server building tools, cause there is NO WAY you built the whole server towns and others with just the wand GM tool..??

Its kinda of a Watered down version of what a REAL GM in theory should be.. or is it just me..?

And if you did build it that way, I applaud your HARD WORK.

Thank you. 

1- the wand changes 1 skill at a time only.  But you could set the server to test mode and then there is a test option when right click the ground to set all skills at once.  I think max is 90 though.

2- There is only one flight speed.

3 - I have no idea.

4 - no idea.  Gm's are not meant to be players and have never had a need to tame before.  GM's in wurm online for example have taming skill of 1 only... they do not get adjusted up to 99 as they are not player accounts and not used for that purpose.

5 - we built everything with the wand.  And what you have now has more capabilities than when we first started making things even...  But again back to what a GM was designed to be.  They are not designed to be players or creating things on the servers.  Wurm is a sandbox where players make those changes, and the staff are 100% volunteers.  Because of that the features they have available to them is a lot more restricted in what they can do.

• Like 2

How do I get the Ebony or Ivory wands back as an ARCHGM if I destroyed them?

in WU you will (or supposed to) receive a wand on login if you do not have one.  you have to be logged fully out and not just reconnect.  If that does not work, then restarting the server and logging in should do it.  In game to make a new wand, you would have to have a wand to use in order to create a 2nd wand..

If we build our own starter towns and or buildings how do we protect them from decay?

to change kingdom, activate the wand, and right click the wand.  change kingdom is under the creatures menu.

You prevent decay by placing the buildings on a deed that you control.  Usually a 'starter town' deed.

to change kingdom, activate the wand, and right click the wand.  change kingdom is under the creatures menu.

You prevent decay by placing the buildings on a deed that you control.  Usually a 'starter town' deed.

you create the deed same as normal.  spawn a settlement form and use that, or can probably use a deed stake too.  Just when you place it as gm you can check it to be 'permament' and not require upkeep which then makes it a default spawn point as well