Sign in to follow this  
MamaDarkness

WU - GM Functions Discussion

this is something i have been working on for myself https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VmMVSHRuCKaTcmm0s6s1ZBIDCJGkjkwhdtAyUe7fFkw/edit?usp=sharing

is a WIP have just been working on it over the last hour or so and have more to add and clean out i plan on having a quick list for the 5 ters of gms and the 3 types of mods as well as the IDs of useful things to spawn

and if you know anything i can add just post it on the wurm Unlimited Discussion I am on most of the time of the day and i have read most of it.

Edited by tonyoo
  • Like 1

Am I misinterpreting something about missions, or are you saying the Freedom Isles-style missions (sacrifice X pigs, for example) will not appear in WU? Or at least not without mods?

I am saying that there is a command to auto generate those.  But you cannot use the mission ruler to go manually create a mission that does things like the global ones the system makes.  The functions are simply not within the capability of the mission ruler.  Maybe there will be some server tool you can use to create those etc. or you can manually edit the database, I'm not sure.

This is part of the reason why the mission ruler is not so simple to use.  It was implemented but not fully polished as a tool.  And with it not being used to make the missions you normally see, there was never a priority to devote dev time to improving it.  You can still do a lot with the ruler though and I think the system has a huge potential in WU.

Can a GM pop abandoned deed tokens ?? 

Can a GM remove a certain creature type from the creature spawn list aka all the water only creatures ??

Edited by Drpox

GM's have no ability to do anything with the automated server functions of what is spawned, or how, or when etc.  They have no tools to see anything even related to it.

As a gm you can nuke a deed token but that just destroys the 'item' and not the deed so you will end up with problems.  What you could do is summon the deed papers and disband the token as one method.  

A lot of things could be done via the database, imho.

GM powers are for more hands on stuff like say, fine-tuning a mountain range before launching with that map, spawning a million bricks, that kind of goodness.. in terms of WU that is... almost one's GUI to lots of stuff on the database.  You COULD open the database files and script in a whole castle with the knowhow and patience, but better to do it on a GM account kinda godmoded..prolly faster too.

Now to kill a deed... best bet would be go to the database files themselves and drop its upkeep to a couple of coppers.  Which spawns a new question:  "What format is that database gonna be in and what do I open it with?"

While I'm a shoddy programmer, with the right access to the files shouldn't be much harder than looking up the deed name as it must be referenced SOMEWHERE then search what you want from there.

Same thing to tweak an animal's traits (or a wurmian's) I'd have to guess.

(Just thought I'd chuck these comments in as we may all be sinning of expecting too much from our GM tools... DEV tools, that may be another thread altogether and no idea how sensitive of publically discussable it is).

added some info about flight keybind to the above post.  flight has to be in quotes when you bind it.

what you use and how you use them is up to you.  But there is no documentation to help you understand the differences.  If you choose to only make your staff tier 5 (devs) that is your choice.

No documentation, can we have a wiki section? :)

Edit: Let me clarify, not asking you guys to fill out this. Just asking for a section we can add to as we learn things, you know wiki style :)

Edited by Xyp

Looking forward to making some "Water Swords" as special early starter items.

I am saying that there is a command to auto generate those.  But you cannot use the mission ruler to go manually create a mission that does things like the global ones the system makes.  The functions are simply not within the capability of the mission ruler.  Maybe there will be some server tool you can use to create those etc. or you can manually edit the database, I'm not sure.

This is part of the reason why the mission ruler is not so simple to use.  It was implemented but not fully polished as a tool.  And with it not being used to make the missions you normally see, there was never a priority to devote dev time to improving it.  You can still do a lot with the ruler though and I think the system has a huge potential in WU.

Good statement. I think perhaps if this is successful and generates money for Wurm, Rolf will look into more of these things closer. Wurm is a business afterall, money makes the world go round, devs got to eat. However if enough extra money is generated after food is on the table I am sure Rolf will consider feeding some new Devs family. I can only see potential good things for Wurm from this.

what about spawning mobs, could you spawn a horse with certain stats and a name? so like spawning a 5speed one

You can set a name when you spawn a creature.  traits you can edit on already spawned creatures only with the ebony wand including color.  Type (angry, champ etc) you choose during the spawn process.

• Like 5

is it possible to give the ebony wand and other gm held items to your non gm account, and be able to use them? would be handy to not always have to switch accounts.

Edited by ausimus

Possible to give to a non GM account but can not use it without GM powers

Can a GM give/take affinities to a character?

Can a GM give/take skill points to a character?

Since we can only have one account in WU, will GM Powers allow us to spawn NPC Characters and take control of them.

So we can have specialized characters and priests or run around as sheep or dragon.

Maybe a GUI could be included later that allows for easy switching by saving characters to slots.

I guess a single player world with only static objects like traders wouldnt work.

Wurm does not allow you to 'take control' of other characters.  You would need to modify the game to support that.  There are potions that change your appearance to creatures, so modifying how you look should be pretty easy but all this sounds like player modifications, I would not expect Code Club to add the ability to jump characters in the game like you suggest.

Hmm i will look into it, if we can cut playerobjects from the client link it could be possible, much likely by increasing idle times indefinite and swapping control ids. That surely would require a pretty large script to clean the process up. If this isnt supported by the server code i doubt it can be modded that way as changing the tech base could be more complexe than making a new game...

Multiple Clients seams impossible with the steam client and separating clients from steam is forbidden. For more than one active Character we now need to run a Wurm Server which eats alot of system ressources and multiple Wurm clients also ressource heavy plus a steam client for each Wurm client plus virtual machines for each client.

Code Club could thou consider player swapping a feature of interest. Steam has many single player games and a large audience that will focus on the single player part of WU. If they get the feeling of being put into an empty world and hit limitations they cannot pass like fighting dragons or something, that could result in negativ critics that can easily cripple total sales.

Wurm does not allow you to 'take control' of other characters.  You would need to modify the game to support that.  There are potions that change your appearance to creatures, so modifying how you look should be pretty easy but all this sounds like player modifications, I would not expect Code Club to add the ability to jump characters in the game like you suggest.

Could you elaborate on what you mean by modify your appearance to look like other creatures? And about how this is done?

With the yellow potion the mechanics of changing your characters model already exists, it would be somewhat simple to make a mode that you could say have a right click menu to select different models you want your character to look at, similar to the mod for minecraft when you kill something you can take their appearance.

What fencejumper said.  The code has to already be in there (somewhere) since the yellow potion is in the game already and changes how you look to other players.

Just remembered in reading all the commands.....  We can now make MrBloodworth  worthy Zombie invasions.  WOOOOT

I have a GM character on unlimeted, but have minimum skills and strength, how would I change that, I also created an altar of 3 in my inventory and cant destroy it, how would I  do that?