Sign in to follow this  
MamaDarkness

WU - GM Functions Discussion

As a gm the player has to be online and you set one skill at a time.  importing a full skillset would probably need a mod or perhaps you can directly access the server database (i'm not sure what format or accessibility it will have).

Ok, so for those of us that plan to play single player WU, we won't be able to recreate our WO character since we can't have multiple clients and characters logged in. I'm hoping someone can create a mod or a way can be figured out because starting from scratch will be a pain.

It is my understanding that cheat detection in WO is not in WU  for fear of decompiling security secrets?

Probably commercial software and or hardware as it would be a modified intrusion prevention system

Ok, so for those of us that plan to play single player WU, we won't be able to recreate our WO character since we can't have multiple clients and characters logged in. I'm hoping someone can create a mod or a way can be figured out because starting from scratch will be a pain.

It could be the server comes with some tools (or new tools) that allow things we have not see yet as well.  We won't know that until the WU software package is released though.

Can items spawned by gms be set by QL, Rarity, Enchants?

Can items spawned by gms be set by QL, Rarity, Enchants?

Ql and rarity can be set easily, enchants are more complex but can be added to items as well.

Mission Ruler:

I will give a very fast rundown of how this thing works, but be advised that it is VERY temperamental.

OK, so the mission ruler creates scripted actions and allows you to manage 3 things (well 4, but the last one is not directly related to the other 3, I will cover it at the end) 

Missions: - these are the big picture. Missions start at 0.0% and run to 100%. At different steps along the mission different things may happen. Missions have only a few options, Name, if the mission can be restarted after it is completed or failed, and if the mission is active or inactive at the moment.

An example of a mission might be "Hunt_1" which cannot be restarted after it is finished.

Triggers: - A trigger is what a player does to cause something to happen within the mission, and must be linked to a place or object -AND- an action... (you can actually link them to nowhere and anything, but ... that can get very very messy, tho there are times its useful to have happen) These are tied not only to a specific mission, but also to a specific % for that mission, so a trigger that is set to go at 10% will be ignored if the mission is at 20% for example. 

A trigger might be, "Chest_1" activated by opening chest#123456789 at 10% of mission "Hunt_1"

Effects: - Effects are what actually occurs, causes changes to the game world, advances or reduces the % of a mission, pops up text, spawns an item or creature, gives the player a specific item, etc... Effects are tied to a specific trigger. A trigger can have multiple effects, but an effect can have only a single trigger.

Effects are by far the most complicated part of the system, and can do many different things with a single effect, as long as the things are all of a different nature. For example a single effect cannot create 2 different things, but it can create 1 thing and give out a pre-made thing at the same time. It could also spawn a crocodile, pop up a text window, change a skill, award you an achievement, and cause a sound effect to play all at the same time.

An effect might be "Reward_1", which places a 75QL gold ring in chest 123456789, and increases the mission "Hunt_1" by 10% when the trigger "Chest 1" is called. 

All of these items need to have names. You can name them anything you like, but it would be best to come up with some sort of naming system and stick with it, or you will end up very very confused very very quickly. Incidentally, the names are case sensitive, so "Chest_1" and "chest_1" are two different things.

The final thing that you can manage with the mission ruler is custom achievements, which you can name, and specify a few other things about. They can then be awarded by Effects.

This is really just a bare bones description, but, Like mamadarkness, I am willing to answer questions if i can.  Some stuff is just... complicated to explain. lol. 

• Like 1

An arch gm can change enchants and supreme status on items. Also needs arch to manually set priest skills. There are no options to set for sorcery but you could spawn the item instead and have a player use it I suppose

One last question, can gm's set a players meditation level? Not the skill but the path progress.

This may pay off both for WO staff and WU "admins" and admins (see what I did there?).

Some form of "entity editor"... so I can edit my character's file on one hand, and/or pick a wild horse and turn it into a 5-speed (or spawn a fresh one).

I plan to copy my skilldump into my (so far lonesome hermit) WU character and ... the RNG for new 5-speeds, MEH unless I can disable everything but the 5speeds.

Also, somehow resetting one's enchants or setting how many hours between (edit) grass enchants would kinda rock... option being making 10 enchant alts *wink*

Edited by Mordraug

:o    ima be the one to point out this sounds very complicated, especially if ya want a priest/char that does it all. oh i pray the devs make this easier to use/do.  Also being able to  mass spawn stuff like enki did for me ages ago when the bugs were trying to eat me sounds fun,  really hope this is streamlines for ease of use or rolfs gonna get eaten alive on steam, people over there dont have that much patience lol

oh yea!  how do we log in to turn on the gm functions etc?

Can these commands be run from a file using the exec command?

If we can it should be quite simple to write a small program to copy a character from WO to WU.

Good information. I see much of it being useful for those who setup servers that they want others to play upon and mimic certain moderation and GM functions.

As for me, since I will play alone on my private server a Tier 5 GM player will be the position that I use for setting up and building my server. Straight creative mode with all impediments to that process removed. So very nice to read that they can place enchants on items, transform them into fantastic ones and create all objects in the game.

=Ayes=

how do GMs terraform? like at some spawn towns there is a large flat area of one terrain, and also would any higher tier GM would be able to use lower tier commands?, and what about GMs making buildings? would they have to spawn the mats? or could they just wave their wand and then poof there is a wall there?

oh yea!  how do we log in to turn on the gm functions etc?

any of the ca/cm/gm etc powers are set on a character.  So you have those powers always on the character.

of course you have to set the first one to have some powers and we would not be able to do that client side only so I have to assume that some new functions to set characters to different power levels may very well be included with the server side tools.

Can these commands be run from a file using the exec command?

If we can it should be quite simple to write a small program to copy a character from WO to WU.

the commands are used in the chat window so you could in theory do something like you suggest for some things.  The skills are set with the wand though and in a pop-up menu so probably needs a bit more brute force modifying to make happen.

how do GMs terraform? like at some spawn towns there is a large flat area of one terrain, and also would any higher tier GM would be able to use lower tier commands?, and what about GMs making buildings? would they have to spawn the mats? or could they just wave their wand and then poof there is a wall there?

at arch gm level you can modify terrain.  for buildings you can spawn the materials, and build the walls.  But when challenge came out and we had to create more starter towns we had a few additions go in so you can mass affect a terrain area to flatten etc.  Also there are a few buildings you can insta-create.  All arch char/wand abilities.

yes, a higher gm also gets all the lower level abilities.

There is a lot of undocumented things in wurm so I'm sure i'm missing many right now but we are getting closer..

some keybinds gm's can use but are not listed anywhere you will find by using WU.

'flight' - toggle flight on or off (you have to put it in quotes, so use:    bind <key> "flight"  )

'gmtool' - brings up a window for gm functions

'mutetool' - brings up a tool for mutes/bans.

with the flight, is there also a way to noclip?

and is there a way to unlock any lock thing as a GM? and can you fly while riding mounts, and boats and carts?

yes, you are lucky now days as there has been a lot of changes so you won't have as many issues as we used to have.  when flying you are now noclip.  that is something recent..

As a gm you can fly while on a boat / cart etc.  those fly with you.

to unlock something, no.  but you can use workarounds.  like summon the key and then use the key to open it.  or simply summon the items out of the locked container.  you can also pick anything up (or just summon the item if can't).  As a GM you 'cannot' open locked items either.  you would have to go thorough other menus and summon individual items manually.  you also cannot put items magically into other inventories or anything like that so if you take something, you may not be able to put it back where it came from easily.

You will be tempted to summon the lock off to try to fix a locked item.  Resist the temptation or you will end up with bugged items...  The server does not let go of such things so easily.

might one of the GMs make a full on guide for being a gm yourself? with stuff like things you should not do(such as the summoning lock from locked item thing you said about) what do you mean by "bugged"?

Edited by greenjoe12345

I mean you will have the lock but the server will still think it is on the chest.  and leads to other issues as I recall.  Usually you just get the key and unlock it.  But if a key is gone totally, best to take items out by summoning and destroy the object, create a new one and new lock.  We do not get into testing how much it would break the game if we kept doing it, stuff like this we have to just leave alone and use workarounds...  those workarounds are what might help you a lot, but I think we are too close to it maybe so that it is second nature to us to think what tips you might be needing.  But if you have a specific question we can usually answer that pretty quick.

What we do have is very intermixed with policy/procedure.  And there is much that has no documentation if you just make a gm character and try to use it.  My thoughts were to have this thread and then compile the information into wiki maybe and organize it.  Most gm's have been there a while and we are just used to what we have and how it works.  It is light years ahead of what it used to be so in that respect you are very lucky.  And I can't give you all our secrets :)