Sign in to follow this  
MamaDarkness

WU - GM Functions Discussion

With the release of Wurm unlimited you will be able to make yourself different levels of GM's.  At this time we do not have a set guide for what all this means to give you so I will start this thread where you can ask and answers can be provided.  Eventually the information can be compiled into the wiki as a section on it.  This is the ingame client discussion, we do not have much information I can give about server side.

So the basics:

You can assign some non-gm moderation type abilities to players as follows:

• CA status, has colored text in ca-help tab, can see tickets but not respond to them or do anything with them (it is more a training/learning experience), and has a new chat tab called MGMT for team use.  There are some ticket categories that will not show for CA and I forget right now but I think they were the payment related categories.

• CM status is the moderator role which has ca abilities plus can interact with tickets.  CM's also have the ability to use colored text in other chat windows, cannot be ignored by players, and can mutewarn and mute players in chat.  CM get a gm chat tab they can post in but not read anything (to alert gm's if needed)

• Devtalker is a flag you can set a player to be able to read the gm chat tab but not have gm powers.  Typically used on GM play accounts (GM avatars are non-play characters in WO)

You have 5 tiers you can assign as Gm's (1-5) with varying abilities.

• Tier 1 (HERO) has limited abilities and can mostly move around invisible and teleport but not see character details or affect anything.  They can be given a wand of teleportation to move around with.

• Tier 2 (GM) is your normal GM.  Tier 2 and above can set players as CA or CM, move players, ban players, lookup player information etc.

• Tier 3 (High God) was never really used in WO and i can't say off the top of my head what it does extra (if anything) right now.

• Tier 4 (arch gm) is when you can spawn items, set skills as a gm and have functions to shut down the server etc.  Arch gm's cannot be seen by normal gm's when invisible.  Arch gm also has an ebony wand in addition to the ivory one a gm uses.  Arch gm's in WO usually have a mission ruler as well.

• Tier 5 (implementor) is what DEV's in WO have, very little difference to an arch gm

The ticket system is in WU.  Part of this is a watch list you can flag for players.  Devtalker and GM tiers only see this list.  Staff notes in the ticket system can be set to be visible by all, cm or gm only.  CM+ notes can be seen by ca's even though it implies they cannot.

Mission rulers can be used to setup the missions.  I am not sure how it will be updated in WU for the faith missions as those are not currently able to be created etc. with mission rulers in WO, they are autogenerated not custom.  You might need high god (tier 3+) to use it and access the missions, it will have to be confirmed.  A guide on how to use a mission ruler will come, but it's not a very user friendly system and not everything works in it.  In WU you may be able to directly access functions to setup missions server side that are not available in the client as well, but I am not versed in that.  An example of what we use the mission ruler for now is to setup the treasure hunts.

I know it is all still vague on specifics, but it's a start to get the ball rolling.

• Like 11

Devs (implementors) can spawn Christmas lights! never forget the christmas lights.

Thanks for the little guide

• Like 1

Devs (implementors) can spawn Christmas lights! never forget the christmas lights.

Thanks for the little guide

Wish granted.

HenPJ2b.png

Arch GM's and implementators can spawn any item that exists in game (and even some non-existing ones).

• Like 4

yes, that is a good comment.  at arch level you have some game breaking commands you need to be careful with...  and the menus can be convoluted with things all over the place.  We will do our best to explain but you have to understand it is more of a patchwork development of what we use, not a streamlined interface.  Just because it says something in a menu, does not mean it will do what you think always.

A wand is needed to perform the most actions. Without one of the different wands you can do almost nothing. You only will see more things than regular players.

I guess that is another good hint

Edited by Sklo:D

Great stuff, glad to know we wont be limited as far as spawning/GMing goes.

Will any details be released on modding? (is server code obfuscated? plz god no)

Edited by WesncIsMe

Over complicating it all as i doubt a player run server will have the popultation that need this sort of levels of GM/CA's

High god receives some extra information that normal GMs don't have. It usually comes in the form of extra event messages that help with debugging and stuff.

devs would have to answer about modding in a separate thread, this is just to help you understand what staff powers we can use and have in the client.

• Like 1

Over complicating it all as i doubt a player run server will have the popultation that need this sort of levels of GM/CA's

what you use and how you use them is up to you.  But there is no documentation to help you understand the differences.  If you choose to only make your staff tier 5 (devs) that is your choice.

The biggest difference is between GM and Arch Angle.

I never understood why there is a high god there is almost no difference, as BrQQQ said just some debug information and stuff. Same with Hero, they can't do much at all.

They are old concepts that were never/rarely used.  We currently use neither of those roles in any meaningful capacity.  But perhaps with WU you can mod something to change the function of those roles to do something different, and it would be there to change into what you desire still.

Summer hats?  Can any of the old gifts be spawned?  Bag of holding?

How about mechanics changes, like what a container can hold in volume or weight?  Fountain pans be spawned?

What about decay properties?  Can you change how fast stuff decays in inventory vs on ground, such as food in an SMC carried vs food in SMC on ground?

anything in the database can be spawned by archgm+ including summer hats etc.

Mechanics changes would not be done by any client side activity and would be server settings or modding.  What server settings will be provided and what will need to be modded is yet to be released by CodeClub.

Decay would have to be server side as well, gm's have no ability to counter game mechanics (contrary to popular belief)

• Like 3

CM get some commands.  they can also right click a player in chat to issue mutes etc.  

And there is a mutetool you can bind.  bind <key> mutetool

#chat <int color> - colors your chat so that players understand that it is formal. The color is optional and you'll get orange otherwise, also second parmeter can be r.g.b values.

#mute <playername> <hours> <reason> - the player cannot communicate except with tell.

#unmute <playername> - pardons a mute.

#mutewarn <playername> (reason) - sends a warning that a player may be muted. The reason is optional.

#showmuters - displays a list of the people who can mute apart from the gms.

#showmuted - displays a list of the people who are muted.

#showcas - displays a list of the ca.

#help - shows the command list

note:  a muted player can open a tell but he/she won't be able to type anything.

for Heros:

#chat <int color> - colors your chat so that players understand that it is formal. The color is optional and you'll get orange otherwise, also second parmeter can be r.g.b values.

#invis - toggles invisibility

tier2 demigods (GM).

note that not all of these are used in Wurm online by staff or even work but we can address that in any questions you ask about them.

"#showdevtalkers - displays a list of the people who can see the GM Tab."

"#alerts - lets you change periodic messages from the server."

"#announce - announces a blue system wide message."

"#ban <playername> <days> <reason> - bans the player and the ipaddress. You must provide the number of days and a reason."

"#banhere|#baniphere|#pardonhere|pardoniphere <playername> - bancontrol for the current server only"

"#banip <ipaddress> <days> <reason> - bans the ipaddress and kicks anyone from it. You must provide the number of days and a reason."

"#bannedips - displays kingdom IP addresses and time since last logout. TODO why is this called #bannedips?"

"#broadcast - broadcasts a system wide message."

"#calcCreatures - Calculates number of creatires on surface, in caves, are visible, and offline, Use with care - lag prone."

"#changeemail <playername> <newemail> - changes the email of a single player character."

"#changemodel <model> - change character model (gmdark or gmnormal)"

"#changepassword <playername> <newpassword> - changes the password of a player."

"#checkCreatures - error checks the positions of creatures. Will return dislocated guards for instance. May provide a name like 'templar' to check only those. Use with care - lag prone and may cause instant spawns."

"#findboat <name> - lets you find a boat with part of the name in it. May be processor heavy so if you notice lag, use with care!"

"#getip <playername> - displays the players ip address and any other accounts from the same address."

"#getips - displays the current players with ip addresses."

"#getwarnings <playername> - displays info about the player's warnings."

"#gm - send a GM message to login server."

"#gmlight - togles personal light on/off when you are invisible."

"#invis - toggles invisibility"

"#kick <playername> - kicks the player"

"#loadItemFromHell <long id> - loads item with id, (removing from the owner)."

"#locatehorse <string> - return the location of horses whose name contains the supplied argument string."

"#offline - shows offline creatures with location."

"#onfire - toggles player fire."

"#pardon <playername> - pardons the player and the ipaddress"

"#pardonip <ipaddress> - pardons the ipaddress"

"#plimit <new number> - the number when the server no longer accepts free players. It will always let premiums in though."

"#reload <creatureId or playername> - reload a player or creature when bugged."

"#rename <oldname> <newname> <password> - renames the player. The player must be LOGGED OFF."

"#resetwarnings <playername> - resets the players warnings to 0."

"#respawn <playername> - respawns a dead player at the start."

"#setmuter <name> - gives or removes the ability to a normal player to mute other players."

"#setreputation <playername> <new reputation> - sets the reputation of a player."

"#setserver <playername> <serverid> - tells this server that the player is on the server with the number specified."

"#showbans - displays current bans"

"#showheros [power] - displays a list of the people with power (defaults to Hero)."

"#soundspam - spams area around you with random sounds for testing."

"#timemod <hours> - modifies your current time with the number of hours. Can be negative."

"#toggleEpic - toggles epic portals"

"#toggleglobal - toggles global chat."

"#tradecheat - Toggles trade cheats on this server. TODO."

"#warn <playername> - the player receives an official warning."

"#watch <playername> <description> - creates a 'watch' ticket."

"#who [J|H|M] - sends a list of players online from Jenn-kellon, HOTS, or Mol-Rehan respectively"

"#worth <name> - helps debug royal level kills on pvp servers."

High god or higher:

"#addmoney <name months days silvers detail> - adds prem or silver to a players account. Detail needs to be any unique string 

"#addtitle <name> [<title id>] - adds the default title Clairvoyant. title id is optional."

"#allowall - opens the server for new connections. (leaves maintenance mode)."

"#creaturepos - toggles creature position logging."

"#devtalk <name> - toggles the ability to a normal player to hear the gm chat."

"#dumpxml - generates a new epic xml on the login server."

"#invuln - toggles invulnerability mode."

"#itempos <id> - checks the position of an item."

"#maxcreatures <newvalue> - sets the number of max creature to a new value."

"#newmission <deityname> - generates a new epic mission for the provided deity."

"#overrideshop <name> <true|false> - if set to true the player may use the shop even though he has had previous payment reversals."

"#redeem - functionality to retrieve items from banned players."

"#registermail - registers player email in list."

"#removetitle <name> [<title id>] - removes the default title Community Assistant. title id is optional."

"#resetplayer <name> - resets the players skills and faith to max 20. Also removes champion/realdeath."

"#sdown - displays a message that the server is shutting down and rejects new connections. Does not shut down (enters maintenance mode)."

"#startx <number> - sets the tile X where new players (Jenn-Kellon, or for home servers all players) start to the number given."

"#starty <number> - sets the tile Y where new players (Jenn-Kellon, or for home servers all players) start to the number given."

"#togglemission <missionname> - enables or disables the mission with the name supplied."

"#togglemounts - enables or disables riding, driving and horse spawning."

"#toggleqa <name> - toggles the QA status on or off for the account."

"#isqa <name> - Checks if account has QA status."

"#addmoney name months days silvers detail - adds to a players account. Detail is the paypal transaction id."

"#testAffinity - test affinity for a random skill. TODO"

"#testcolors - test sending a coloured message. TODO"

• Like 1

implementor the devs will give later when they see what commands will remain in WU.  and I do not guarantee that the above commands will stay in WU either, some may not be in WU.

It is my understanding that cheat detection in WO is not in WU  for fear of decompiling security secrets?

The cheat detection is not in WU.  I cannot answer as to the specific reasons as I was not part of that decision process.

In terms of setting the skills of a player, does that player need to be online? Or you just type the name of the character into the command line and that's all?

Let's say I want to recreate my current WO character in my WU server, will I have to set the skill one by one or can I "Import" from a character dump?