Sign in to follow this  
Nahjo

SOTG IS OVERPOWERED

Do not cry Nahjo, The Roman Visa Card Republic does not need SotG.

• Like 4

Naawh, they need Spells and Rare/Supreme Boats.

rare/sup boats only matter if u can kill someone on the boat 

How about SOTG 33% passive damage reduction and hate 50% damage bonus on a timer?

This way you can either chose something that is useful for long fights and sieges or for fights that are over quickly?

• Like 2

sotg 25% champs 30%

sotg 30% champs 40%

Edited by Nahjo

this is a list of gone players for mr epic

GONE +:

Outuki

Cornchips

Nestsky

Daredevil

Lugnut

Qaay

Led

Trollface

Kuciak

Brunwulf

Smeagain

Aflacduck

Phynx

Gary

Rage

Tahj

Losham

17 total 

mr is the kingdom that pvps the least

cornchips barely plays and has been in like 2 fights, netsky doesn't play, lugnut doesn't play, daredevil barely plays, trollface quits every time he comes back for 3 days, rage plays on mrh, tahj lives on mrh and doesn't play, losham i dont think has ever even been on elevation and maybe pvpd once with gone on mrh and died and also doesn't play anymore

the most you'll normally see together is me/sme/outuki, or qaay/led/kuciak unless it's the right timing for people and something big, but i don't even understand how "lol u pvp least" is of any relevance to the topic?  its just somehow being used to argue that something needs a nerf.  if we really pvp the least then gone isn't an issue because we dont pvp, right?

if u die in a boat fight to spells with sotg you're a moron

idk disease still does 9-10~ dmg to people with gone, if 4 people on a sail cast it and do 40 dmg, then add in some spamming of fireheart/rotting gut and water dancing and going the same speeds or faster until the few min cooldown is up you can just repeat disease.  pretty easy to see that gone or even a champ can die to spells if they don't have heal

• Like 6

This is a debate that never ends.  Those who don't want to put forth the effort to get SoTG are screaming that it's OP, but similar to other PvP advantages (fight skill, body stats, fighting, weapon skills), SoTG is a long-term investment.

If SoTG is nerfed, then it would also make sense to nerf the affects of having 99 huge axe skill, or 90+ body str.  Just because you have 70 FS and a shiny 90 QL LT huge axe does not make you a PvP god, sorry.

sotg isn't overpowered just like the earth is less than 10,000 years old - ergo it's op and that's just a fact regardless of people's "opinions" 

all the other arguments have been said - no one says "nah we're not fighting them 'cause half their group has 99 archery / weapon / fight skill (which was totally gained legitimately topkek)", nor do any of those skills literally double anything and everything you have - health pool, damage output because you are alive twice as long, distance you can safely extend from a hop, the effect on the fight if you get (full) healed, etc.

on top of that, it is infinitely more useful than all of the other meditation paths, regardless of how you swing it - the others are not only weaker in magnitude but also situational, gone is inherently more powerful and is useful in every single situation 

there is no skill required to use it or counter against it, therefore there is no strategy for or against it and it is by definition not balanced - there are no other viable options for meditation paths and no viable options as counters to it

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -- Daniel Patrick Moynihan

tumblr_inline_nnmnx4EWGg1s6h2s8_500.gif

Oh, Led has picked up in pvp. Last I was aware he tended to be more focused on skilling and tending to his mercantile empire. Was always handy for supplying lockpicks and/or selling off a recently "salvaged" ship or two.

Granted, that was a while ago.

It should be like Rage from the Path of Hate, activated once every 18 hours, 15 minutes duration. Fair enough.

Thats a dumb idea, no one will fight you for that 15 minute period.

How these threads go:

Have SOTG - Nah it's fine.

Don't have SOTG - It's overpowered!

• Like 3

Shrug. People keep spouting dumbness about timers and what not. Nerf Gone and you've rendered Insanity an entirely useless path and everyone will switch to Hate or Power overnight and it will have made absolutely no difference to the outcome of 99.9% of PvP events because the ability of a few people to take less damage hasn't ever - in my experience - affected the results of a fight. If you ever get below half health and you have Gone, you're going to die anyways.

• Like 1

How these threads go:

Have SOTG - Nah it's fine.

Don't have SOTG - It's overpowered!

Still more civil than the ancient "archery is OP'ed" threads on the older forums.

Edited by Karrde

figures all the -1 are from people who already have it.

New players cannot catch up +1 for nerf!

Why did I pick path of loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.?!?!?!

• Like 1

Im having trouble working out if this thread has any legit intentions or its just some obscure way to cry about a kingdom that according to the OP doesn't pvp and has the most gones since every post has some kvk crap in it or off topic forum pvp. Maybe start using some real discussion and putting forth some reasonable ideas or arguments? And when I say reasonable I don't mean making it on par with a level 7 ability.

Here, maybe have a read of this: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/116082-constructive-discussion-on-shield-of-the-gone/

• Like 1

this thread wasnt supposed to be a suggestion (i bet shrimp moved it here) it was just supposed to be a fact that all the new players coming to WU/WO should know

Edited by Nahjo

People just dont want a nerf because it would devaluate their account. Its not weird that they dont like that.

Just remove the other paths because they arent being used, stog is clearly not OP.