Sign in to follow this  
Nahjo

SOTG IS OVERPOWERED

off topic but no if you think that you clearly have no idea

my original account also has 70 med and almost sotg... the grind dosent matter

someone is upset i used the key 

If we're gonna be insinuating things to discredit posts...

Why does Rome all of a sudden collaboratively want sotg nerfed? They quitting soon?

Why does Rome all of a sudden collaboratively want sotg nerfed? They quitting soon?

Or Maybe they all just agree with each other and think it should be nerfed?

• Like 1

because ... its overpowered ?

Honestly, I actually prefer my enemy to have sotg its lame when fights are over in 30 seconds. At least if they have it the fights can last a bit longer and be a little more exciting.

Sotg is literally the worst buff.

Like it wouldn't be so bad if there was a max for total damage reduction ie body stats + armour + mediation + sorcery capped at let's say 75% reduction overall. This would enable high body accounts to run around in other armour types and allow newer toons a viable 6 month route to equal ish pvp stats to older toons by use of sotg.

Tldr reduce overall stacking of dr

• Like 6

Honestly, I actually prefer my enemy to have sotg its lame when fights are over in 30 seconds. At least if they have it the fights can last a bit longer and be a little more exciting.

I can't help to agree with this, except i still got like 2 months before SoTG, Sme fight me in 2 months :)

on topic: Tbh im gonna have to -1 this thread, sure SoTG the quite overpowered but the time to get it makes up for it if you know what i mean, good things take time

Edited by Reevi
  • Like 1

probably because most of us that recently got it still think its OP (and most of us spoke up in the past about it being OP)

unlike a certain kingdom with 20+ SOTG members

• Like 1

unlike a certain kingdom with 20+ SOTG members

I just checked my rug and there's 14 total if you include people that aren't active or not active in pvp, and those that are active are in utterly different time zones polish/american/euro/aus.  Just using exaggeration to argue :l

The only things I feel are op are full heals and disease

• Like 2

it's a double health bar passive, yes ofc it's op lol, nothing will be done tho. I cba to argue with the 'ur lazy' and the 'anyone can get it' because they are the silliest arguments when it comes to balancing it with other bonuses. If people are suggesting to buff other things to be in line with it, they are agreeing it's OP.

As always, the game encourages stacking bonuses because there are very little CAPS, the devs have no idea on how to balance the fighting system so the best thing to do is wait for someone to run a WU server with a custom setup, see how successful it is in pvp before the Devs will realise their system is stupid and adopt the changes.

• Like 4

Is it OP?

easiest way is to compare it to the path which is deliberately PvP orientated, Hate.

On Chaos here is the list of path leathers

Leaders
You consider the local leaders of the path:

Finger:
Siriuslighting
Madboy

Sheep:
Littlebear

Shark:
Baddbob

Infection:
Zarmazarmaex
Febur

Free:
Gaeron

Unfortunately I know of three of those who are going to switch to insanity (myself included).

If someone could post the leaders for the path of insanity on Chaos then we'd see if it was OP, because if it wasn't we'd expect to see a reasonably even spread right?

Gaeron has a good post, Hate is the supposedly PvP path, comparisons would be good.

Meh. +1/-1. I have it, it's good but if it takes a nerf then I won't be too bothered.

Whatever happens I don't understand the argument to make it a timed ability.

Like if you think it's a problem and suggest that, you're just making no change at all it's the exact same ability, people will only use it during fights.

I don't care if it changes or not, people seem to be doing some sort of 'fighting for the people' aurora around their argument if they're against it for some reason, maybe to just try and attract everyone that doesn't really understand the game or doesn't have it.

I've played on Epic for 4 years, and never seen it as a factor in any fight, I really just don't get it. Never has it saved someone or given someone kills, it's just a small buff stacked on accounts already with high body. Look at the Trollface account, it's weak because it has lower body that pretty much every other account almost i'd say, with sotg. The main bulk of tank in accounts is the body stats, not sotg, but most people are tunnel sighted and probably won't consider that ever so i'm unopinionated on it. Changing it won't change any outcome of anything, say like down to 25 or 30%, nor will keeping it the same, because again, it's not a big factor just another small one mixed in with many others.

On chaos it's different it's a pretty big factor there because of how body stats work and how long it is to grind so yea it's kind of an issue over there maybe.

• Like 1

-1 because you SCREAMED out the topic title and content.

• Like 1

i've been on sotg, champions and high stat accounts through my wurm career. Is sotg op? 

Personally it opens up longer fights and allows the few to become the big targets and tanks need to drag out pvp. I have always played in smaller or solo pvp groups sotg allows for a player to take on 3 moderately equip moderate accounts but it makes that fight quite epic for both parties. Does it mean he will win? 

Not by a long shot, i've had a sotg account beaten by a higher body account with no sotg. Its hard to get for most so its a near unique feature. My opinion s that its not op but it is dominant in pvp, not because of it being the best but because the game has a small community. If the game had  a huge community sotg would matter little, as it's been mentioned it's only a slight buff overall.

But most people consider it in addition to the 70-80 body accounts and the super armour seryll and scale plus the valeri items. Once you start stacking these bonus it's easy to go must be the sotg thats breaking the game. I would however like to see hate buffed i do think it has fallen away at later levels, Personally feeling fear is near useless and a permanent damage bonus would be more suited in place of spell immunity. or a armour pen bonus something to work on the dps side of things.

permanent damage bonus would be more suited in place of spell immunity. or a armour pen bonus something to work on the dps side of things.

you should stay clear from permanent damage bonuses and damage reduction, the game is imbalanced in itself at the moment, adding perm damage bonus means your lower skilled players stand 0 chance in a fight. This game is built in a way it should literally stay away from these bonuses, there are no abilities within the game that allows it to be countered (spells that reduce damage reduction / attack damage for a period of time), it's either you use one (or if a perm damage bonus is put in) or the other. If you're adding these silly passives in game, there needs to be utility to remove it / counter it.

• Like 2

It should be like Rage from the Path of Hate, activated once every 18 hours, 15 minutes duration. Fair enough.

make pillars useful again, keep the low dmg but make them all have like a 25% counter to the physical dmg reduction

this is a list of gone players for mr epic

GONE +:

Outuki

Cornchips

Nestsky

Daredevil

Lugnut

Qaay

Led

Trollface

Kuciak

Brunwulf

Smeagain

Aflacduck

Phynx

Gary

Rage

Tahj

Losham

17 total 

mr is the kingdom that pvps the least

Edited by Nahjo
  • Like 3

SotG is the meta in PvP, no one is going to choose a different path when they could have 50% damage reduction.(except maybe hate)

I like having it in PvE though.