Sign in to follow this  
Takinshi

Deliverance Story Time

I'm a bit irritated at the regular metagameyness of our forums and would like to build some comradery within deliverance. I'd like to learn more about my neighbors, so lets start with telling our wurmian stories! Any experiences or interesting tidbits that have happened to you be it, mundane or epic. Begin the post with once upon a time to create an iconic traditional feel to it. It's going to be silly and dumb at first but unique tidbits like that build inside jokes and whatnot.

This is not an artsey post but a Deliverance community post. If more people choose to be artsey about it, 'tis fine but don't feel obligated. I want to get to know you. ^~^

I'll start off with something mundane as ######.

Once upon a time, Taki was creating all the basic tools needed as a newbie. Hammer, saw, scythe, etc. I decided to make like 10 of each in chamce that while improving them, perhaps one will go rare. I spend aboutan hour imping them all to 20 (shaddup! I'm a newb!) and I decide that before my lump goes searing hot on me since I'm out of fuel, I might as well make a bunch of small things that I may want in the future.... THAT'S THE FIRST SUPREME I'VE EVER GOT! I played on epic for about a year before quitting for a year. Not once have I made, gathered, created anything supreme.. Of all things and all times to make something badass.... I make a ###### supreme iron spoon... Our lovely Doctor Angus imped it to 91 for me since I might as well keep it as a trophy for existing...

I just bluescreened one of my compies so I'm typing this on my tablet. I'll reformat into my traditional font once my partner is done with their college work.;3

Edit: Revived a random laptop from my pile of computers to build a repair drive.

Edited by Takinshi
  • Like 1

When I was a newby, my mayor decided to have us change to a new location from near GD(x13 y24), to all the way in the north east(x45 y15). Now a days this isn't really a hard thing to do, as there are roads EVERYWHERE. When we did this, Deli was only 4-6 months old. The only HW in that direction was the one heading directly north out of GD, and even then it didnt reach till a bit past rainbow bridge.

So during this moving trip I got lost. I had all my stuff on me and in my large cart. I finally give in and go to the community map to see if I can figure out where exactly I am. I figure out im in the central north on the hill (x28 y7). Most people who were familiar with deliverance in that time will probably know where this is going.... At the time we had markers for all the uniques alive, based on where people had spotted them last... Mr Red Dragon was right there. I was like "oh neat ill be able to see the red dragon!"

So I alt tabbed back into the game and instantly saw a red tree. On TS: "Huh hey Rick this tree is bright red, Ive never.... OH ######" And that's when it started hitting me and I died. Turns out the bright red "trunk" I saw was the leg of the dragon. Lost all my gear and had to start fresh at the new place >_< Never went back to try and find my cart or body.

I was so glad they respawned the dragons. I have since killed that red dragon 7 times, to get revenge.

Oh and there was a time I was at the new deed we made. Enki rides by on a champion unicorn leading a champion troll(back when champion animals were HUGE) and said "Nothing to see here continue about your business". Later I saw him on foot running away from said troll "Run away!!!!"

Edited by Nicrolis

Deliverance has always been a special place to me, probably because I portaled over there from Golden Valley with a new character just as it opened up. Then afterward placing a deed with him close to Green Dog, I have seen that whole area become developed over the years by various players, none of whom remain there. So being a survivor also adds a special touch to it all.

This is not to say that no original settlers of Deliverance on that opening day remain but just that the turnover in my own area has made them either vanish into oblivion or move on to other unknown destinations. Not that I mind the relative peace and quiet of it all now, as I find it a refreshing change from the more lively area of Xanadu where I now spend most of my time, enjoying the transformation there in much a similar way.

Deliverance was the first new server made in the chain of them which followed, so it has that status too. It was a great place to explore and settle upon for all who ventured there at the time, many of which chose to sail there, eagerly awaiting this crossing to be opened at the edge of Independence's seas. Although some of them had a tougher time of it with the loss of items and problems with ships crossing. Only the wise ones (such as myself!) who made a new character and portaled there from GV were assured quick access.

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

edit for sp.

Edited by Ayes
  • Like 4

I began to play this game on the very day Deliverance opened up, together with my son. Starting from GD we began to explore the empty land and headed north until we reached the north coast. We turned east trying to find the settlement a friend had just founded, and - not having any server map at that time -  did not realize that the coastline had impalpably made a southward turn, so that we walked on and on towards the southeast corner of the island.

Unaware of our real location, we finally found our friend's place called "Serendipity Bay", one of the most remote spots in all of Deliverance. The area turned out to be a long narrow peninsula roughly shaped like a dog's leg. It was a harsh and hostile area of land, with rocky cliffs and steep slopes that made it particularly hard to find suitable spots for villages and farms. A high mountain range extended along the peninsula from north to south, and in the outermost corner, almost inaccessible by humans, a very tall pointed mountain peak arose. Unable to climb this prominent landmark for a long time, the first explorers adequately called it "Dragontooth Peak".

Only a handful of settlers seemed to be attracted by that lonely barren area high up in the mountains, where the winds were strong and only the eagles kept them company. So we chose the area at the foot of Dragontooth Peak as our new home to live in solitude. We called it "Eyrie" - it is still there!

I lived there for a year, until I finally gave in to my urge to live in a village by the sea rather than high up in the mountains. So, in September 2012, I built Haven on the west coast of the peninsula. More than a year later, in December 2013, I built a new, bigger settlement called "Dunegard", only separated from its neighbour Haven by a large sandy beach.

Edited by Yaga
  • Like 2

WARNING: this is a very long read, a huge wall of text (I'm known for that)... Descent at your own peril.

I began with a friend that no longer plays, I also began at a time (in real life) that was very dark for me, so wurm had always had a... Emotional relationship for myself.

I began with my own character, played a few weeks upping the body stats and primary skills, but grew tired that I was unable to provide help to anyone, and that I was very in-efficient.

A opportunity came up, the original Darkmalice was selling his accounts, and the Darkmalice account itself caught my attention, it was a beast of a account, I talked to him a bit and ended up being able to buy it Pre-auction due to how serious I was about buying it (and not misusing it)

I quickly learned the game (I had to at that point) to be able to also help friends and random passerbys, this only accelerated my desire to help though.

Eventually I found a Alliance, one that Aetherwalker an Shadowronin were apart of. I loved (and still do) these two.

Eventually I bought the Zarame account to up my skills, I then followed soon after with The Debit vyn priest account.

At this point, I could do basically everything, I moved off deli for a long time, had some adventuring, but grew bored and left the game for a bit - quickly to return two or three months later

I returned to deli, my alliance welcomed me back, and I brought DoctorAngus into the alliance (though a bit hard at that time :) ) a lot of issues were happening on deli, territory wars, market wars, political issues. Friends quickly became enemies, and enemies multiplied in number. Though I try to stay personally friendly with everyone, it doesn't always work.

*edit, Also bought Vandle around this time, which allows me to now do everything at 90+ql and enchants*

Had some issues with people that owned a few markets, got into arguements on the forums, and eventually got tired of it all. Around this time Xanadu came out, I left - again.

Spent months enjoying myself on Xanadu but eventually those same people crawled into my area on Xanadu, I tried to mind my own business but after a highway was forced right beside my deed (out of the way, in the woods) I decided to say screw this and let a 1g+ deed disband, brought all my valuables to deli where my alliance still stood strong (though with mostly new faces, and a few old) and sold most of my stuff, or gave it to friends.

I almost sold a few characters, but decided against it.

I told everyone good bye, and that I'd likely not be back. (Surprisingly to me, a few were very devastated to hear this. I'm a extremely emotional person, and this put a seed in me that grew)

I don't remember exactly when I left, 6 months? A year? But I have returned a few days ago, and so far glad I did. Trying to regain what to once had is proving nearly impossible, but holding out hope.

Luckily, I've always had a nach for making friends in very high places, when I first started wurm I met people that I consider "high ranking" and they've helped me a lot through everything, and now a few trying to help me get back into it.

If I had to give a personal view of myself, I'd say I'm nice but not the best in a group, I'm best when it's in 1-1 conversation, or a small "elite" group that knows what to do. I consider myself in everything I play to be very good. A good thing is while I try to perfect everything, I don't ask that of others. I do want them to have common sense and curtesy, but beyond that I don't ask much - which is likely why I can make friends with almost anyone.

A downside (though really a plus?) I can't stop thinking.

The best way I can explain this is - The littlest thing said to me I will think on for hours, days, or how ever long until I'm given something else to think about. This can lead to me thinking Ill of something good intentioned or something that meant little. And I try to "classify" everything / everyone into a category (a lot like how I mentioned in good with the "higher ups")

Both of these come with good and bad. The instant I meet someone, I judge them. Most say don't judge from the first encounter, the problem is to this day (not just wurm) I've yet to be wrong.
intuition Is often a understatement I'm told. I'm good at guessing things, often people won't believe me until something happens, just be "how did you even know..." Normally I can't explain, I just have a feeling and it happens. (This has been going on since I was young... When 9/11 happened interesting enough... Terrible day I will never forget.)

Major downsides though (that I'm aware of and try to work on) is that when I believe I am right (and actually wrong, though rare) I will fight tooth and nail until proven wrong. And then I will twist it to act like I was saying that and that I was misunderstood. I do it in-intentionally, yet somehow I do it. :( major issue with personally close friends, though they have come to understand this thank god.

And... Though I don't believe in the stuff, my Zodiac sign is pretty much dead on - I'm a Leo, naturally this leads to me always taking control of a conversation to somehow make myself look better. Though I don't really believe zodiacs, very interesting read, and I can't say mine doesn't do very good at describing myself.

WARNING: Not for the lighthearted. You may want to skip this (not sure how far I'll go)-

Though if I had to say my worst trait, oddly attracts people to me. People say there is beauty in darkness. This sort of goes back to the "thinking". Thinking is all I ever do. It's good in some cases, but bad in so many more. I often feel like I cause my own issues with it, I think of what I could do to change the world, a community, or how to help a person. And when I can't find a solution, I go into some serious depression. I've had people tell me to see a Doc, but I've yet to (I will once I'm on my own) and I believe I may have Bi-polar depression from looking it up and reading other people that have it. I have OCD so it's not entirely a wild guess anyhow.

Now, I don't value stupidity - I've seen a lot of people say things similar to what I do. i don't know how to put it exactly, but think of how people use to view people cutting their wrist for fun. Or similar. That's a terrible example but the best I can think of at the moment.

No, I don't mean that, or teen angst ect.

But the worlds no black or white. But my... "Purpose" is to make everyone be able to enjoy this world. I've always done this through gaming, people come to enjoy games, same as I once did, but some use it as a escape - just as I still do - I try to find these people, and be a anchor that keeps them here.

You likely wouldn't believe me if I told you how many people I have heard spill story's of there worst moment, of a issue, or things far worse.

Wurm attracts these people more than any game I have seen. Thats a part of why the community is as it is I believe. It's also why, even though I've had issues with a few people, I try my best to think positive of it. We're all here for fun, remember that above everything else.

And nothing holds more true then "there is a certain beauty in a storm"

Obviously helping however saps your own strength. After a time I myself turn to what I try to get others to look away from. I guess though I's rather bare it than them.

However this is already getting way, way to long. If someone's that interested I will make my own topic or what ever for more info/story's ect. (And please PM if you want to talk...especially about something like mentioned above)

Apologies for taking a entire page, when I get to a PC I'll put all of this into a spoiler. Anyhow, that's a small, quick (yeah, that's quick lol) part of my own story and purpose for gaming. I've lived games since I was born, and it's been my teacher in many things. Who ever says games are bad for learning...I pity them not giving it the chance it deserves.

Have a good day everyone. :)

Quick edit: want to also thank (in no specific order, apologies I know I'm forgetting people here!) Shadowronin, Odynn, DoctorAngus, Fescue, Aetherwalker, Niki, And Bloodsycthe
For aiding me when I need it, and for the interesting conversations we have.

Edited by Druidnature
  • Like 2

WARNING: this is a very long read, a huge wall of text (I'm known for that)... Descent at your own peril.

I began with a friend that no longer plays, I also began at a time (in real life) that was very dark for me, so wurm had always had a... Emotional relationship for myself.

I began with my own character, played a few weeks upping the body stats and primary skills, but grew tired that I was unable to provide help to anyone, and that I was very in-efficient.

A opportunity came up, the original Darkmalice was selling his accounts, and the Darkmalice account itself caught my attention, it was a beast of a account, I talked to him a bit and ended up being able to buy it Pre-auction due to how serious I was about buying it (and not misusing it)

I quickly learned the game (I had to at that point) to be able to also help friends and random passerbys, this only accelerated my desire to help though.

Eventually I found a Alliance, one that Aetherwalker an Shadowronin were apart of. I loved (and still do) these two.

Eventually I bought the Zarame account to up my skills, I then followed soon after with The Debit vyn priest account.

At this point, I could do basically everything, I moved off deli for a long time, had some adventuring, but grew bored and left the game for a bit - quickly to return two or three months later

I returned to deli, my alliance welcomed me back, and I brought DoctorAngus into the alliance (though a bit hard at that time  :) ) a lot of issues were happening on deli, territory wars, market wars, political issues. Friends quickly became enemies, and enemies multiplied in number. Though I try to stay personally friendly with everyone, it doesn't always work.

*edit, Also bought Vandle around this time, which allows me to now do everything at 90+ql and enchants*

Had some issues with people that owned a few markets, got into arguements on the forums, and eventually got tired of it all. Around this time Xanadu came out, I left - again.

Spent months enjoying myself on Xanadu but eventually those same people crawled into my area on Xanadu, I tried to mind my own business but after a highway was forced right beside my deed (out of the way, in the woods) I decided to say screw this and let a 1g+ deed disband, brought all my valuables to deli where my alliance still stood strong (though with mostly new faces, and a few old) and sold most of my stuff, or gave it to friends.

I almost sold a few characters, but decided against it.

I told everyone good bye, and that I'd likely not be back. (Surprisingly to me, a few were very devastated to hear this. I'm a extremely emotional person, and this put a seed in me that grew)

I don't remember exactly when I left, 6 months? A year? But I have returned a few days ago, and so far glad I did. Trying to regain what to once had is proving nearly impossible, but holding out hope.

Luckily, I've always had a nach for making friends in very high places, when I first started wurm I met people that I consider "high ranking" and they've helped me a lot through everything, and now a few trying to help me get back into it.

If I had to give a personal view of myself, I'd say I'm nice but not the best in a group, I'm best when it's in 1-1 conversation, or a small "elite" group that knows what to do. I consider myself in everything I play to be very good. A good thing is while I try to perfect everything, I don't ask that of others. I do want them to have common sense and curtesy, but beyond that I don't ask much - which is likely why I can make friends with almost anyone.

A downside (though really a plus?) I can't stop thinking.

The best way I can explain this is - The littlest thing said to me I will think on for hours, days, or how ever long until I'm given something else to think about. This can lead to me thinking Ill of something good intentioned or something that meant little. And I try to "classify" everything / everyone into a category (a lot like how I mentioned in good with the "higher ups")

Both of these come with good and bad. The instant I meet someone, I judge them. Most say don't judge from the first encounter, the problem is to this day (not just wurm) I've yet to be wrong.
intuition Is often a understatement I'm told. I'm good at guessing things, often people won't believe me until something happens, just be "how did you even know..." Normally I can't explain, I just have a feeling and it happens. (This has been going on since I was young... When 9/11 happened interesting enough... Terrible day I will never forget.)

Major downsides though (that I'm aware of and try to work on) is that when I believe I am right (and actually wrong, though rare) I will fight tooth and nail until proven wrong. And then I will twist it to act like I was saying that and that I was misunderstood. I do it in-intentionally, yet somehow I do it.  :( major issue with personally close friends, though they have come to understand this thank god.

And... Though I don't believe in the stuff, my Zodiac sign is pretty much dead on - I'm a Leo, naturally this leads to me always taking control of a conversation to somehow make myself look better. Though I don't really believe zodiacs, very interesting read, and I can't say mine doesn't do very good at describing myself.

WARNING: Not for the lighthearted. You may want to skip this (not sure how far I'll go)-

Though if I had to say my worst trait, oddly attracts people to me. People say there is beauty in darkness. This sort of goes back to the "thinking". Thinking is all I ever do. It's good in some cases, but bad in so many more. I often feel like I cause my own issues with it, I think of what I could do to change the world, a community, or how to help a person. And when I can't find a solution, I go into some serious depression. I've had people tell me to see a Doc, but I've yet to (I will once I'm on my own) and I believe I may have Bi-polar depression from looking it up and reading other people that have it. I have OCD so it's not entirely a wild guess anyhow.

Now, I don't value stupidity - I've seen a lot of people say things similar to what I do. i don't know how to put it exactly, but think of how people use to view people cutting their wrist for fun. Or similar. That's a terrible example but the best I can think of at the moment.

No, I don't mean that, or teen angst ect.

But the worlds no black or white. But my... "Purpose" is to make everyone be able to enjoy this world. I've always done this through gaming, people come to enjoy games, same as I once did, but some use it as a escape - just as I still do - I try to find these people, and be a anchor that keeps them here.

You likely wouldn't believe me if I told you how many people I have heard spill story's of there worst moment, of a issue, or things far worse.

Wurm attracts these people more than any game I have seen. Thats a part of why the community is as it is I believe. It's also why, even though I've had issues with a few people, I try my best to think positive of it. We're all here for fun, remember that above everything else.

And nothing holds more true then "there is a certain beauty in a storm"

Obviously helping however saps your own strength. After a time I myself turn to what I try to get others to look away from. I guess though I's rather bare it than them.

However this is already getting way, way to long. If someone's that interested I will make my own topic or what ever for more info/story's ect. (And please PM if you want to talk...especially about something like mentioned above)

Apologies for taking a entire page, when I get to a PC I'll put all of this into a spoiler. Anyhow, that's a small, quick (yeah, that's quick lol) part of my own story and purpose for gaming. I've lived games since I was born, and it's been my teacher in many things. Who ever says games are bad for learning...I pity them not giving it the chance it deserves.

Have a good day everyone.  :)

Quick edit: want to also thank (in no specific order, apologies I know I'm forgetting people here!) Shadowronin, Odynn, DoctorAngus, Fescue, Aetherwalker, Niki, And Bloodsycthe
For aiding me when I need it, and for the interesting conversations we have.

I've got a feeling we are going to be great friends.. I'm rather indecisive and was unsure whether to pitch in and chat about all the things that caught my attention specifically or not since that would be a lot.. So I decided to flip a coin on it. Coin says yes.

In regards to the judging thing:

http://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-personality-type/mbti-basics/judging-or-perceiving.htm

I'm definitely in the same boat with you on this one. I don't understand how neurotypical people don't see the blatant malicious intent. I constantly seek people with genuinely good intent and quite often you can identify the traits based on an individuals subliminal temperament. 

In regards to always being right:

Logic is sound and provisional. Logic can be held until superior logic can be provided. Playing it off as a misunderstanding is a face saving mechanism. Tis a natural defensive behavior that generally doesn't have malicious intent at all. There's no need to feel ashamed for it.

^_^

Changing the world:

Oh god, 'tis the dilemma of being an INTJ. Constantly seeking to improve systems as we know we truly can. Taki's a club president at college, lead staff for a nonprofit organization supporting a social community of about 800 people, JUST and I mean like 10 minutes ago, got done editing and proofing a story a friend was writing and simply wanted to share with me thinking I might like it. Here I am trying to spark up the quality in our community of deliverance as well. I'm in college with the intent on 12-16 years for a degree in surgical nursing, mechanical engineering, business management, biomechanical engineering and prosthetic engineering to synthetically replicate human anatomy while making it responsibly affordable. After finding that a few groups have made significant progress on this as of very very recently, the field is going to be taken care of and I won't be needed to expand that horizon. Also coming to my attention, I'm 24 years old and can afford to retire right here, right now. I suck at enjoying life so I'm considering delving into an artist field that doesn't really make profit but will be enjoyable. Artists live a broke and happy life. I don't need a large income so maybe I should do this. I'm still in this dilemma.

I find that I generally seek the alpha roles because I feel that those that are currently in them are far too often negligent at maintaining their environment. The alpha is to lead the pack, accept the failures and burdens of their pack and distribute the recognition of success. They set the tempo and often it is a sloppy irresponsible one. 
The problem with this one is becoming overwhelmed with all the burdens we take on. I need to work on improving the framework of the environment so it can be responsibly passed down and continue to foster appropriate developments.

Wurm attracting this type of people:

Lol @ removing the italics to enunciate a word. XD Wurm really does have this aura of attracting people that have genuinely good intent. I wonder what it is. Maybe 'tis because epic servers are a filter for most of the scum and villainy. Lmfao. Alas, this game has great concepts, gives a genuine level of achievement and importance as well as a true sense of community. It takes a certain breed of person to be able to handle wurm. 

This isn't a bad place for this kind of post at all. Your post elaborated a lot in regards of your character (referring to IRL, not ingame, lol). Stories about our communities wurm experience and individual personality is what Taki was seeking. ^_^ 

ALSO on a side note loosely related and not intended to be an advertisement:

If any of you end up playing on a different server and I'm selling something you want, let me know. I rip people off at completely unreasonable prices and I DO make sales at said prices. I don't plan on ripping our own people off so don't be intimidated by my unreasonable pricing. People from other servers probably won't dredge through our walls of text to read this little disclaimer^?? (Not sure if that is the right word I am looking for).

• Like 1