Sign in to follow this  
Takinshi

Drakespirit Temple Documentary

Gpzf9I.gif

I am going to be developing a Progress Report for the foundation, development and creation of the Drakespirit Temple. This report will include image of construction progress as the deed slowly evolves. 

Edited by Takinshi

Disclaimer about banishment
I am writing this as a progress report to prevent banishment to community wide publicity. I am creating this in hopes of improving the quality of relationships between the Deliverance community and want nothing to do with the hive of scum and villanry known as the epic community or other islands than deliverance. Yeah, there are some amazing people scattered about wurm but I am done with putting up with that crap and wish to be exclusive to the deliverance community. I love my neighbors and almost everyone I have encountered on deliverance, save for a few malicious and genuinely bad natured individuals. 

I wrote a roleplay styled thread which was banished to the scribes corner where yeah, it belongs but 100% crushed all motivation in developing that product any further. IF this documentary portrays in ANY way of possibly being banished to another forum other than the Deliverance community thread, please notify me so I can prevent the banishment from occuring. 

Link to banished thread:
http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/130815-the-journal-of-shikaze-takin/

Edited by Takinshi

Content fabricated by the Shikaze Archives:

fhPmvUw.jpg

Horse Lost or Found!

The Journal of Shikaze Takin

Deliverance Story Time

Drakespirit Temple Sale

Body Recovery Campaign

Shikaze Keybindings

Shikaze Archives ç”°

A small tribute to some great people on this game.

Mclovin, Teal, Weebie, Kailesimmons, Tuor, Rachael, Awardis, Vesterimaltori, Lorrainej, Cecci, Doctor Angus

Edited by Takinshi

...sorry for intrustion, can a mod delete this post?

Edited by Rocklobstar
  • Like 1

So one night I had decided to stray away from the peacefull Blackwater lake and explore scavenging for abandoned goods as tis the element that I enjoy very much about wurm. Not that far away and I see some weaponracks, chests, bsbs, fsbs and forges on some round cobblestone partially surrounded by hedges and iron fencing. It looked very out of place and as I approached it opening a chest, I also noticed that this is on deed, nor perimeter. The box contained your average 40ql crafting tools but when I clicked expand, a lot of them were decent ql and almost all of them were enchanted. This kind of froze me in place as I did NOT expect that.

To prevent the sharpshooting accusatory drama that freedom is notorious for, I looked up the location on the community map to compare with the posted sign outside the fenced area confirming that it was recently the same deed name. Afterwards I head to a settlement token and find that the deed owner disbanded the deed 6 HOURS before I found it. All buildings were visibly deleted and thus, fair game to claim.

There was a ton of random in the BSBs, similar to what I have at Blackwater Lake, and the FSB had a ton of random shitty ql veggies. My lovely neighbor Lorraine briefly mentioned needing veggies so I let her know I found a ton of goodies and would like help bringing them home. As we reach the deed, lorraine is somewhat in awe at the property layout and decoration. I'm a bit unphased as I don't like camella bushes or walnut trees at all. I also hate gravel. >:(  

While loading up my cart with random scattered , I spot a lone BSB in a fenced area surrounded by moss like most of the open space on the deed. Directly next to it, a small patch of clay. On propery clay... As I'm staring at it, lorraine walks up and is all "WOAH , DEED THIS PLACE NOW!" I never knew the deeding process could have a comfortable sized deed for 1s a month. I thought it was expensive as . She explains it all to me and that this land will probably be under 2s a month. I plop down a deed stake as I've got 40s leftover from my time on epic and set the parameters up. It only costs like 1s 12c a month or something like that! On deed clay, I could slavecamp 1k clay to maintain the upkeep easily! 

While scouting out the rest of the deed and making sure the parameters are good, I notice a small road on deed, outside of the hedging in one area leading to this little dock thing. To the left of it, disrupting the road is a small patch of clay with a screwey slope to it. I've no intentions on being a douche so I go and reset the parameters to move that onto perimeter instead of deed and later flatten it out to pretty it up. Anyone that has easy west coastal access, feel free to drop by if you're needing to gather up some clay. ^_^

Alas, this is how the Drakespirit Temple deed was founded.

The reason I chose to create it as the Drakespirit Temple is a frustratingly amusing story that I wish to remain within close friends only. It's semi rage inducing for me, but spreading the story will compromise future plans so please don't share the story with others. <3

This is what the deed looked like when I found it. A scattered mess of items, dead horses, incomplete hedge pens, fuckton of moss and random flat spaces with furniture that once used to be a building if some sort.

d0w4nca.jpg
73pZHVP.jpg
rtW8qIa.jpg
AMgeuwo.jpg
QrNSNL9.jpg
exFkj1s.jpg
dciuI1b.jpg

Edited by Takinshi

Deed material expense

Material Expense for full temple construction:

Materials needed:

Iron fence bars = 15

Mortar = 4135

Stone bricks = 4775

Small nails = 33

Large nails = 47

Shafts = 148

Planks = 1058

Kindlings = 3

Square pieces of cloth = 16

Slate shingles = 10

Ropes = 16

Pumpkins = 1

Shaft = 1

Square piece of cloth = 1

Slate slabs = 6

cZCkA2G.jpg

Material expense for full first floor construction:

Materials needed:

Shafts = 128

Planks = 400

Mortar = 1080

Square pieces of cloth = 16

Stone bricks = 1080

Shaft = 1

Small nails = 17

Large nails = 9

dpi50fT.jpg

Material expense for securing temple perimeter construction:

Materials needed:

Shafts = 44

Planks = 289

Mortar = 680

Stone bricks = 680

Shaft = 1

Small nails = 17

Large nails = 9

4xoQCQh.jpg

Edited by Takinshi

Idea for arena fighting

r9EdmqZ.jpg

I kind of want to build the center of the temple like a large cage with spectator space and possibly host mini arena battles in them. Rank people by fighting skill or something and have a large tournament with rewards for the people with lower FS as I don't care to cater for the upper "class" of players as they can take care of themselves at this point. This wouldn't exclude the community of newbies and non combatants that deliverance has unlike most pvp oriented events which simply cater to the person with the most powerful account.

I care not for metagaming. I don't give a damn about skills or what you have. The malicious people are usually judging others based on what they have and I would like to completely unassociate with said individuals. If you are a genuinely good person, I will enjoy your company and want to create and have fun with you. Don't be afraid to chatter with me if you see me as I'm usually too social for your regular wurm community. Atleast this was STRONGLY the case on EPIC.

Edited by Takinshi

qOWoXtv.jpg

Lol. Hard at work slave camping the temple up. 
Edited by Takinshi

Progress update! Week 1-2. Got almost all of the first floor done. I no longer need a building front which you will see why in the pictures. Decorated the center of the temple just a little bit. I need to remove those alters at some point and push the mailbox like 10 tiles away. The monstrosity of the crate yard is dying down as I finally have some sort of setup to store things in. The mass storage side needs organizing and whatnot but I'll do that later. 

The portcullis and second floor is my current project. I need to get some help on the top of the front gate as I want a marble flooring as the roof. I'll probably bridge to it in the future. Once the marble is there, I gotta rip down the wood scaffolding to clean it up and make the portcullis look badass. :D 

I need to sell this dumb nogump statue and get a dragon one. I heard they generally sell for 7 silver so if anyone is interested in deliverance, feel free to shoot me a PM. I'mna be advertising it at 8s on the market. Updated the cover screen at the top as well.

Also, I've gone this far myself, I may refuse any help at putting this together so I have something that I can say made. I don't mind really.. I'll just have to have help on the plan frame as this thing needs 60+ carp in the end. Hell, I might be there by the time I need it. Who knows.. (The crusty vets)

This concludes the Week 1-2 progress report. See below for pictures.

Edited by Takinshi

cGSdukw.jpg

Spoiled are screenshots of the progress in week 1-2.

nfGdUUm.jpg

fH6KTtX.jpg8GTmSOr.jpgsx9ypVe.jpgQgFGexF.jpgkBfjWsv.jpg

Edited by Takinshi

☒Organize resources
☒Finish first floor
☒Create temple box of holding
â–¡Gather resources for the temple
â–¡Allocate crates of resources into appropriate positions
â–¡Get more lamps to light up the temple grounds more
â–¡Craft stone slabs
â–¡Kill ugly gravel
â–¡Repave temple grounds with stone slabs
â–¡Terraform graveyard
â–¡Assist Nova with terraforming the farm plateau
â–¡Plant willow trees around tomb entrance
â–¡Plant cherry trees allover
â–¡Plant maple trees
â–¡Raise second floor walls
â–¡Fence the graveyard
â–¡Hedge the farm
â–¡Make 6 cherrywood dining tables
â–¡Make 16 cherrywood arm chairs
â–¡Stage housing locations
â–¡Plant grape field
â–¡Ensure perimeter is secure
â–¡Kill that stupid large shop right outside my deed > :(
â–¡Complete the temple gate
â–¡Acquire lady of the lake statue
â–¡Acquire dragon statue
â–¡Build entrance cage
â–¡Enchant all the in temple grass
â–¡Decorate the off deed clay patch
â–¡Slate pave the graveyard
â–¡Fence the graveyard
â–¡Re-build the temple shed
â–¡Build the Workshop
â–¡Figure out if the road near my place is a "highway" and gather permissions to lamp and road sign it
â–¡Create on deed clay gate
â–¡Build Stables building
â–¡Sell nogump statue
â–¡Kill the stupid walnut trees
â–¡Set up Drakespirit Pilgrimage operation
â–¡Get cheap dragon blood to put in a cauldron/bowl in the temple

Edited by Takinshi

I see a ton of I need to tune up on this but I gotta get cracking on college work. I planned on only spending an hour on this and then when I was almost done, I backspace wiped it all. >: ( Took an hour longer than intended... I'll fix up all the links and pictures and whatnot later... -facedesk-

Ah, also feel free to comment. In regards to our lovely rocklobstar, tis the first 11 posts I was trying to reserve. XD I was buttonmashing Post with the next topic allready copied ready to paste. -you can not post that fast- >: (

Edited by Takinshi

Ah wow! This forum thing on developing the temple is really helping me out with the logistics. Having random stats of the plans jotted down is mega convenient.

I might as well bump the next 5 so the report is on the first page and comments are in the back.

Yaay rocklobstar's post needs deleted! >: (  Lmfao. Also, you gotta come visit me sometime! I'm only one forever away from xanadu. Taki would love your company. ^_^