Sign in to follow this  
ownerpure5

Pre-order

nice 

Edit: I wonder if we get to play it early too or just get to download it and wait. 

Edited by Kegan

nice spelling on the 'unlimited' =/

Over the years I've learned not to be too hard on folks that likely have english as a second language.

Hell I don't know a second language myself so props to them.

• Like 2

standard disclaimer from my side - if you see no typos in my posts, it is faked :D

• Like 2

Ok so out of pure curiosity i decided to go check out the cost of servers for the wurm unlimited release. The servers i looked at to be able to accommodate whats needed was priced in the $100.00 month range.  I guess no big deal if you spend on average $100 to $400 a month playing wurm. But i don't see how that economically viable for the occasional player. So far i see listed 4 Servers that state they will be up and held by private interests. Correct me if im wrong and if you know of cheaper servers by all means reply even if im not interested it may help those that are especially sense i seen no where on the posting of Wurm Unlimited on steam as to where you could go to obtain a server that would accommodate the game needs.

Doubt it cost much, has similar requirements as a minecraft server from the sound of it and for most people it will cost 10-20 dollars a month for hosting

A computer with 32gb ram i5 or i7 and gt7xx gpu can run a server like exo for a good group of players without monthly payments, correct me if im wrong

Over the years I've learned not to be too hard on folks that likely have english as a second language.

Hell I don't know a second language myself so props to them.

A computer with 32gb ram i5 or i7 and gt7xx gpu can run a server like exo for a good group of players without monthly payments, correct me if im wrong

Shouldn't need any graphics card. Also running a server from home isn't advisable unless you have an amazingly stable connection with high upload.

Key with dedicated servers is getting one direct from the owners of a Data Center and not via a middle man (or own it your self and rent rackspace, but that's a whole different issue) as the price difference is staggering. Getting one via middle man makes no sense now as they will often be more expensive than the good cloud hosters (e.g. AWS). While going to say OVH, Online.net is a lot cheaper.

OVH especially run a gaming line which has great DDOS protection, essential if you want a fully public server as you will be DDOS'ed by kiddies, its available in their US and European DC's -

https://www.ovh.co.uk/dedicated_servers/game/

Starts at £60 / 85 Euros a month after tax, for a server that could run a sizeable wurm server based on what Wurlander has said. Note you can get a similar server for less than half the cost IF you dont need the extreme DDOS protection i.e. you are going to password protect the server and don't annoy any kiddies.

Edited by Happiness

Ok so out of pure curiosity i decided to go check out the cost of servers for the wurm unlimited release. The servers i looked at to be able to accommodate whats needed was priced in the $100.00 month range.  I guess no big deal if you spend on average $100 to $400 a month playing wurm. But i don't see how that economically viable for the occasional player. So far i see listed 4 Servers that state they will be up and held by private interests. Correct me if im wrong and if you know of cheaper servers by all means reply even if im not interested it may help those that are especially sense i seen no where on the posting of Wurm Unlimited on steam as to where you could go to obtain a server that would accommodate the game needs.

I thought you left? Most people will just run the server on their own equipment.  You don't have to pay hosting services that way.