Okay, so on Epic cluster, I had a good Two-Handed Swords skill, as well as a good Long Swords skill, with Normal Fighting and Aggressive Fighting styles leveled equally up there as well.

Now I have moved to Freedom Isles => Xanadu (Loving it !!!!)

And I am wondering, which path to take.

Obviously, the Long Sword + Large Metal Shield is the most Viable for PvP ... But what about PvE ?

A high QL 2hdr would destroy Lava Spiders with my previous mentioned skills.

PvP instantly meant using a LS + LMS, unless someone else tanked while you weapon switched.

I have 2FS so I am very much new, and only the starter Short Sword and Small Wooden Shield.

Again, the question is, which path should I start on for PvE.

Thank you in advance.

in pve, the 2 hander covers all you need, axes do the best damage, followed by mauls and swords respectively, with the parry rate going in reverse.

honestly dual wielding frypans is good enough for most pve encounters, go with whatever you want to use

• Like 3

Take the path you like to take is my advise.

Many different weapon/armour combos can be made to work on PvE, it's more a question of what your preferences are. The most popular choice for experienced characters on Xanadu seems to be plate and a 2-hander. Personally I use Sword&Board and plain or studded leather.

• Like 1

Use anything you feel comfortable with, you really can't go wrong unless maybe you train staff skill :P

heh, even a steel staff with LT is good tbh. hit like a maul, with a better parry rate last time i checked. Basicly on freedom everything works once you have the skill in it.

Get a decent armor, LT weapon, a shield if you go for a one handed weapon and you are set to destroy everything in your way.

in pve, the 2 hander covers all you need, axes do the best damage, followed by mauls and swords respectively, with the parry rate going in reverse.

honestly dual wielding frypans is good enough for most pve encounters, go with whatever you want to use

Haha !!

This made me laugh !

Also, very informative. I was not aware of the parry rate amongst all of the given choices.

Thank you all for the input, looks like I will go with my favorite 2hdr and Plate (Leather till I can aquire Plate).

The problem I had found with longsword's is that you must have something in the offhand or some of your strikes will be with that hand and no gains made. So if you use a shield with it, at starting and low skills you won't gain any shield skill either since you have to train shield skill independently up to a certain level before it is at all effective anyway. Also some claim that a weapon in the offhand is not of much use, for some reason.

With this in mind long ago I switched to 2handed weapons on all my guys. Currently two of them use 2handed swords (mainly because they didn't swing up into the face while running) and the other uses a large maul. They swing slower than 1handed weapons so when you miss, which happens a lot even at high skill levels, no damage is done until the next longer swing in comparison.

=Ayes=

I switched to spear after a long two years with dual axes.

I am having a great time, and dealing a metric ton of damage.

Like Archaed said above.

In pve, its mostly whatever you want to use; though, a shield isn't a bad idea. Not to mention a fast horse and healing supplies.

Various critters and monsters are vulnerable to certain dmg types more than others.

Long as you practice enough to become moderately skilled.

Now in pvp... in general, with some exceptions, lack of a shield is going to make you every archer's favorite target. There are times in group ganks where having no shield on is required, so you can attack faster or use 2handers.

Edited by Karrde