Sign in to follow this  
Belfesar

Remove colossus restrictions.

They are huge statues of the gods, it only makes sense that you should be a follower of the god to actually make them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Editing this post to reflect that my opinion from the above has changed.  With the release of the new gods essentially releasing all libila spells excluding rebirth to the freedom cluster, it makes no sense to continue to block this aspect of the religion too.  - I don't think Mycelium should be available for example but colossus I don't see why not.

So +1 now instead!

Edited by Daolin
Changed my position on the issue after 6 months of changes.

oops replied twice.

Edited by Steveleeb

They are huge statues of the gods, it only makes sense that you should be a follower of the god to actually make them.

True, that's why the Mayans, Aztecs, Egyptians, Hindus, Romans, etc... had such a hard time building their monuments and temples.

Their slaves were useless as they believed in all the wrong gods...

• Like 3

+1 

There is no way a pack of monks and/or priest would ever build such a thing anyway.

Its like saying a king is the only one that can build the palace, lmao.

nah

Im not into religion priesthood, doubt id find the time if i had the money, and i built 2 vynora colossi.
I was mag follower in between projects, so yeah, it was a bit of a pain but i think its right as it is.
with the exception of the other suggestion thread asking for command of ownership and the abilities of mayors.

No, religious restrictions should stay.

However, what we should be allowed is to transfer ownership of a colossus to someone else.

Edited by PWreset

So how does keeping a giant statue tied to religion improve gameplay vs allowed to creatively build any of them

On 03/12/2015 at 2:26 AM, MrGARY said:

So how does keeping a giant statue tied to religion improve gameplay vs allowed to creatively build any of them

The way it is, supports Lore.  Which is `gameplay` to many.

I'm  grateful that it's possible to change gods as often as we wish.
I can see a reality where that isn't the case.

Edited by Steveleeb

It looks to me like a benefit and not a restriction.  By following a deity, you get access to build that one extra collossus that you could not before.

Half full, not half empty.

I don't know!!!

+1 For Freedom 

But on Epic you should ONLY see the correct God on the correct Home Server!  And Elevation the correct God in the correct Kingdom Influence!

Still don't understand this.  Having to change deities to build these is kind of crazy

-1 to OP

+1 to make it so colossus cannot be built outside their gods influence!

+1 to colossus taking EXTREME dmg if it is not in its gods influence!

I'd call the building of a colossus an act of woreship to ones deity (or would like to call it that at least)

Edited by Cecci