Sign in to follow this  
Vortexxx

Shop Silver prices

Lower the silver cost in shop.

Most people pay 1 euro per 1 silver. Via paypal etc which is fine no issues there I promote this.

Not looking to stop private sales of silver or anything like that I dont think lowering the ingame shop prices for silver will effect any silver sales.

Setting the price to 1:1 in the shop will increase sales for wurm online.

Promote better game upgrades.

Better GM services we need more Enki`s lol

All around +1 ror wurm rolf and his developers.

Maybe even get new server equipment for wurm.

Increase sales in shop qi all the payment options in the shop lowering the proce for silver to the current rate seems fair.

Not everyone has paypal etc. Most trust only the wurm shop.

Maybe monthly specials? It doesnt hVe to be 1:1 ratio just a little less than the current prices

Edited by Vortexxx

it used to cost 1euro for 1s and player sold it for .6-.7/silver

it used to cost 1euro for 1s and player sold it for .6-.7/silver

this, it would just be undercut yet again

Well I wouldn't want prices to go down. Ah well the shop needs an overhaul

If the shop price was the same as what it would cost to buy from another player, nobody would go through the hassle of buying from another player. Everyone would just buy from the shop making the value of the coin in your bank zilch, because you wouldn't be able to sell it. Then, eventually, the economy would plummet and nobody would buy from the shop either because it would turn into a pure money sink. Horrible suggestion.

Edited by Macadelic

If the shop price was the same as what it would cost to buy from another player, nobody would go through the hassle of buying from another player. Everyone would just buy from the shop making the value of the coin in your bank zilch, because you wouldn't be able to sell it. Then, eventually, the economy would plummet and nobody would buy from the shop either because it would turn into a pure money sink. Horrible suggestion.

Ehm... Wurm's down to 5 devs.

There's plenty of online jobs for those wanting to make money during their game time.  As for the value of silver, just a matter of assigning the monthly forage/trader pool accordingly.

Dropping the price of silver will likely indeed increase the sales of silver, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it will also increase the revenue from silver, as sales might not sufficiently increase to offset the decreased price. Silver prices used to be at the ratio which you suggest, so considering that Rolf hasn't reverted the silver price increase, the increase likely resulted in an increase in revenue, not in a decrease. Thus decreasing the cost of silver could very well revert that effect and result in a decreased revenue from silver, the exact opposite of what the OP assumes will happen.

• Like 1

Supply and demand, simple. http://www.investopedia.com/terms/l/law-of-supply-demand.asp

Decrease the price --- stimulate growth, sales... cause inflation/value losses.... 

Person to person sales will still occur, and would just undercut the shop price, so that logic is failing. Doesn't matter if you make it 10c per silver, it will sell p2p at 5c/silver. 

I agree, the price could drop a SLIGHT bit, it's a bit steep, but it also encourages people to do more for their silvers in game.

I liked the the other points the OP made too :)

Edited by Marlon

I think shop prices should be modified as a temporary fix to generally overworking how the Wurm economy works. The biggest problem for the wurm economy is a constant creeping deflation for generally everything. It isn't just a problem with the monetary system, but with the active playerbase contributing to general economic activity growing and collapsing at the drop of the hat it means that a lot of people types find it difficult to sell their wares when demand collapses and the market is oversaturated. Since silvers are also constantly taken out of the economy through deeds and traders, the system relies on having enough players to buy silvers to make up the shortfall. I'd suggest that Rolf take a look at this:

KXne4R8.png

and use it as the basis for silver prices. 

I have a distinct feeling that the current price is too far to the right, but we don't have the data available to study it. If it does turn out to be the case, it would be beneficial for him to lower prices as a means of increasing total revenue.

Edited by Sobotnik