Sign in to follow this  
ownerpure5

PVP leaders

Hrm personally never interacted with the player in question; however, one of the Bashur settlement waves was during Epic's early period, so had some interaction with the Bashur-verse players and other players. Most of this occurred on the Serenity, JK-H server.

Most of the drama was not unusual for large numbers of new players. Usual stuff from people getting a feel for each other socially, invading each other's "turf", and those players who just liked to be ######s.

There was also hostility from some players towards how they felt that Bashur was supposedly given preferred treatment by staff in exchange for PR and the like.

and free premium and a name change

Name changes having been a request feature for several centuries

After giving this enough thought, I have come up with a pretty solid list of naturally influential people who I have encountered during my many years playing this game and who have inspired PvP, rather than leader per-se.

Xplict / Angrycat - These two were more marauders and tax collectors than battle leaders. However, I have to give thanks / condemnation to these two for killing me very early in the game, as this inspired me to skill up and exact my revenge. This lead to many many future battles between our crews, spanning a number of years.

Rab - This crazy Scotsman was the first to rebel against the GM enforced cease-fire between the Triton Alliance and The Horde. He went single handedly in a set of chain and two axes against half the server. His ultimate death provoked one of the top 10 large scale clashes I can remember. This battle also resulted in half the game being banned. (Good times)

Zerobyte and Co. - These guys led Libilian Outlawz like a pack of vikings. LO never had numbers, but it always had the most fearsome warriors I've encountered in the whole game. They also had a very strict...immigration?...policy that lives on to this day, Convert or Die.

Dragonspawn/Hexproof - This guy has come a long way in the time I've known him. He has a natural ability to inspire people around him to accomplish just about anything he set his mind to. I have witnessed and indeed took part in many of the raids, skirmishes, hunts, etc that he inspired and was often impressed by the grit and determination he inspired into people just by being there. I have witnessed few others with this skill in the game, and outside the game only in the history books.

I do want to thank everyone who has put myself down as a PvP leader either as Zarnibuddha or as Inventor. I never considered myself a leader, but was always happy to show people the ropes and get the taste of real adrenaline pumping PvP. However, I was always more comfortable solo or with 1 other, as the sort of situations I would often get myself into required instant decision making, which is much easier with a smaller crew.

I will always remember the coast guarding fun that was had. Be it to get easy kills, hard kills, complete impossible missions, or just to smash up strongbox to make people mad. If I have inspired anyone through promoting PvP then I am all the more happy.

I would also like to know if I have inspired anyone outside of my own kingdom or circle of friends. Somebody who I have inspired to write their own story into the history of Wurm. If so, I would love to hear the chapters thus far.

-KFAQL

• Like 6