Sign in to follow this  
Ayes

Dragon & Drake Scale Armor To Be Sold In Wurm Shop

I like it, Reason being players make a pretty decent sum of mony off them, Why not Rolf?

• Like 4

this would be opening a can of wurm though, why not sell moon metals / past Xmas items / hota statues on traders/shop as well if we start at that point.

The world economy must be in a real sorry state when 100 - 300 euro is a large sum of money, for years I've heard about people getting rich

in this game but even at a minimum wage job you can take home close to that in one week.

If someone were to do the math for the time involved, premium time of alts etc. with current drops, I'm guessing its so low to not attract even

the most desperate of Gold Farmers.

• Like 1

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

+1 I love that Ayes. Every macho elitist dragon killer just had a heart attack. "NOES...don't take me monies. And I gots to be LEET!!!"

Let everyone enjoy the good stuff. If everyone is special then no one is special. 

Edited by Clatius
  • Like 1

If Ayes should log on this week to find his deed surrounded by rock as far as the eye can see, it is not his fault. +1

I don't want these armors, not ever. If someone gave me a set I'd give them back.

But I'm also against these being available in the Wurm Shop.

I also recognize that some Players work hard to get these armors... I would not do what they do... but that does not diminish their time and energy spent. Not crazy about the real life money made from them but if Rolf didn't allow the RMT too many here would just break the rules and RMT anyway. Might as well have it in the open, and if we stopped players selling armor that would open a huge can of worms around here about what else should not be bought or sold... and the debate would be endless....

I don't even want to think about it. -1

Edited by geode
  • Like 1

Guys, guys, here's a better idea.

I can't afford 100$ in gold, so what we can do is... sell gold coupons for 1$ each.

These gold coupons can then be traded for 5$ in gold!

Then 100$ in gold will only cost 25$

Genius, right?!

• Like 2

And yet selling to the wallet warriors is exactly what has led to most of the current distribution of dragon armors.  The only difference being that now the game developer would be selling it.  Personally I +1 this as it lets the developer profit as well as the players.

• Like 1

Scale armour sold by devs for cash? yea sure, lets those with little time and money get it too.

How about selling skill potions aswell?

Also lets have mobs drop random locked crates with building materials that needs special purchasable keys from the shop :D

Yeaaa! This sounds all awesome!

Lets also sell scrolls of speed that boost timers by 1000% that last 15 only minutes!

Wow Code club would earn so much money and everyone would benefit!

Great ideas!

Link below for those that agree!

1%201%2011.gif

Edited by Zekezor

And yet selling to the wallet warriors is exactly what has led to most of the current distribution of dragon armors.  The only difference being that now the game developer would be selling it.  Personally I +1 this as it lets the developer profit as well as the players.

actually what lead to the current distribution to dragon armors was the old drop ratio and rolfs constant respawning of them. it was dragon egg city

most of the people that were around back then and actively pvped/searched for them have more than 10 sets. (most do, even today)

Part of the beauty of Wurm has been that the items in it are created by the players (For the most part) so I'm always going to be against anything that starts to take away from player created items. 

Why people think that they're supposed to have everything?

If people wants everything for everyone, where's the freaking speciality of those items? Where's the thrill and excitement of getting those rare item? Dammit, where's the thrill of trying your best to get them? At last, those armors and special items are rare for no reason. We're not supposed to have it by simple throwing ridiculous amount of money. 

Many of players are doing their best to get those items, no matter if that's a scale armor or anything. They're spending their time to get those items, they're trying their best and some of them still didn't get it. Some of them never will. 

There's many of skilled, renowned, and respected players. Doesn't matter what they're known for, but the thing is they deserve some reward, just for them and none else. For their time, for their experience, for trying. And those rewards should be unique, and none damn money should take it from them. 

And that's my point about unique and rare items (I don't mean rarity from game ofc). 

What about specifically scale or drake armors. Guys, everyone can have it. There's a lot of them on forum and in game. Just do something to get them. It's not easy, right. Still it's really not that difficult. Do something, try your best and one day you'll get it without paying any money. If you're not able to focus on your goals, you're not supposed to reach them, never. 

If you want scale and drake sets in wurm shop- ok, no problem. But then, let's make new unique armors and items just for those, who really deserve it. Deserve by doing everything to reach his/ her goal. 

There shouldn't be any freaking rule "Everything, for everyone", never.

In response to Propheteer you miss my point, I know why some ended up with so much drake but no most of those people don't have 10 sets still they sold them for either real money or silver leading to the distribution of drake ingame.

In response to Alkhadias whats your point?  Unless a person travels to Chaos and is killed there is no 'go out and earn them' method.  Most sets are on the PvE isles so your everyday Joe will not just happily luck into a set.  Eventually you can craft a set if you attend every slaying possible but that is still a work of YEARS... that is NOT a reasonable bar to set in a game.  Recent drop changes have made it much more feasible to actually do what you suggest but its still a much longer road than just about any game I am familiar with.

On 27/09/2015 at 8:30 AM, Ayes said:

Lets say 25 euros for a Drake Scale armor set and 50 euros for a Dragon Scale armor set. This would be a fairly reasonable price that would encourage interested players to

that disturbed me, after over 2 years with plate, i finally paid £60 ($85usd) for my drake set (last november)

that's 3 times as much as you are suggesting it should cost.
I couldn't read any further.

Edited by Steveleeb

hmm.  How about a twist to this idea?

Players with legacy sets, or new sets created from hunting dragons, can sell their sets to a trader for 50s (hide) or 100s (scale).  Basically allowing you to get a 2 for 1 on trade in, or just to keep the silvers for other uses.  First week, Code Club takes a hit, but then the revenues start rolling in.  Yes, most everyone will have at least a hide set before long, but then almost all the older player are already running around in hide sets now.

Overpowering new players?  Maybe.  Does it change the way I play if a new player starts out in drake?  Not in the least.  If a new player wants to fork over that much to be more survivable in the wild, then just maybe they will stick around longer and boost player populations.  More money in Code Club pockets is always a good thing.  More to spend on development.

Fraid I have some bad news...

The wallet warriors can already get a set, the only people who would lose out on them being sold in the store would be PvPers who get lucky and folk who private dragon hunt.

+1

Only if the shop sells hide not sets, I still think players should craft it.

2 hours ago, Wurmhole said:

hmm.  How about a twist to this idea?

Players with legacy sets, or new sets created from hunting dragons, can sell their sets to a trader for 50s (hide) or 100s (scale).  Basically allowing you to get a 2 for 1 on trade in, or just to keep the silvers for other uses.  First week, Code Club takes a hit, but then the revenues start rolling in.  Yes, most everyone will have at least a hide set before long, but then almost all the older player are already running around in hide sets now.

Overpowering new players?  Maybe.  Does it change the way I play if a new player starts out in drake?  Not in the least.  If a new player wants to fork over that much to be more survivable in the wild, then just maybe they will stick around longer and boost player populations.  More money in Code Club pockets is always a good thing.  More to spend on development.

a hide set shouldn't cost less than 50s, period. **
traders cost 50s and they're relatively useless.
the benefit of drake hide over plate is massive, u never have to take it off to get stuff done.
the game failed to provide me, with a means to gather enough hide (i don't have funded alts) so i bought it, it was 2 years before i could afford that.

I'm all for the shop selling stuff, it's money in Codeclub's pockets, but these things should cost alot.

If Codeclub's shop sells a hide set at say, 60s.. then people in game will compete and sell them for less which at that price would be ok,  **
If the shop sells them for 25s (love forbid), then they will become relatively worthless. Which is a horrible eventuality. 

Maybe i was ripped off, maybe my thoughts and feelings are defending a sense of denial.. if that is true, i apologize, I have the buggers name.
I just can't get my head around the 25s per set figure. i mean, what the hell?

Edited by Steveleeb