Sign in to follow this  
Ayes

Dragon & Drake Scale Armor To Be Sold In Wurm Shop

With Wurm Unlimited being released next month I think now would be a good time to start adding some items that could be sold in the Wurm Shop.

Since Dragon and Drake Scale armor are very popular these would be good additions to be able to be purchased in the Wurm Shop. Lets say 25 euros for a Drake Scale armor set and 50 euros for a Dragon Scale armor set. This would be a fairly reasonable price that would encourage interested players to purchase it, as well as providing additional income for Wurm Online.

For years players have made a huge profit from selling D&D armors so now the game should finally take the step to sell it as well. Players who don't want to pay that price can still have fun going on Dragon hunts and gather enough of these hides to create their own at no cost, in comparison to purchasing it in the Wurm Shop. So nothing will really change for them in being able to create their own D&D sets.

As players leave Wurm Online for Wurm Unlimited and new ones come into Wurm Online because of it, then the prices for these D&D armors will gradually stabilize at the Wurm Shop levels. Players can then still attempt to sell new sets for below that price if they merely go on these hunts for the potential of making some coins/currencies from doing so. 

So in the end both the players and the game benefit from the Wurm Shop selling Dragon and Drake Scale armor sets at these prices more affordable for all.

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

• Like 8

what about no for the drake / scale armor which can be created in game, but yes for others things like : name change, sex change, appearance change.

adding more functionnality that the players/community need and want is one thing, devaluating the efforts and the time / money spent by some is another.

(and no, i didn't gained anything by penning dragons - made cash out of it - usual yadda yadda unique drama.)

• Like 12

The reason you want this is because you cannot afford a set?

-1 from me.

Don't change things that dont need to be changed.

Alot of people worked hard for sets no need to ruin that.

• Like 2

If they put this into the shop then what reason would there to slay uniques? The bloods are hardly worth with many of the hatchling bloods not working at all.

• Like 1

kinda all about the hunt, good drops now so a few kills in you have a glove and then 2, seems quite appropriate on the scale drops atm, and hopefuly the new hatchlings aswell will be better

Im guessing this is more a parody of those threads offering way below market value saying "thats all its going to be worth"

No need, drake and scale prices will go down. So dont worry mate.

No way, they represent almost the ultimate status in wurm just because you cannot just buy them whenever you feel like  -1

• Like 1

I want to have these armors, but please nooo, this would hugely devalue them. :/ The way how to get them atm is fine.
I support Odynn's idea. ;)

• Like 1

Like Odynn said, go crazy with cosmetic stuff (buyable silver mirror pleeease I'm so ugly), but leave high end gear super rare imo.

Edited by Kirtah
  • Like 1

what about no for the drake / scale armor which can be created in game, but yes for others things like : name change, sex change, appearance change.

adding more functionnality that the players/community need and want is one thing, devaluating the efforts and the time / money spent by some is another.

(and no, i didn't gained anything by penning dragons - made cash out of it - usual yadda yadda unique drama.)

This. Rolf is missing out on euros. Seems like this would be something worth spending some development time on.

I'd put moonmetals armor and weapons for sale but no the lumps to imp em , you know how the rest goes, everybody profits :)

Edit: forgot the explicit +1, many of us dont have the time to go to hunts and we dont like paying inflated prices. Or at least not giving the money to other players but to the creator and devs. Code club people are the ones that should be making money, no the players

Edited by topkos

I have no dog in this race but will say this, If players can make RL money off of them why not the game.

• Like 5

I have no dog in this race but will say this, If players can make RL money off of them why not the game.

• Like 1

Look what you did OP.....

You forget that "It is Rolf's game and he can do whatever he wants with it, we just have the privilege to play here", "WU is the end of WO has people won't bring their money over anymore", however, "Don't you dare suggest that Rolf make $50 a drake set I can sell for $300"/"My e-peen is worth more than funding Wurm!".

Bad OP..BAD!

• Like 2

I'm all for novelty cosmetics being sold in the store. No copycats or ones that enhance game play though. Name change is a tricky slope when it comes to those who have *earned* a bad rep but that itself could be fixed with other implementations.

• Like 1

Is good idea, they the sell set, but still need to buy other materials for improve/maintain it.
Gettin the armour by hunts is more expensive than buy it, you need to pay premium time, lost the time in all travel, fight againts lag, crashes, etc. Need severals monts to get enough materials to make some parts.

Ayes, you are hermit that dont want to lose time traveling between servers in all the hunts or is jut to avoid lag/people/laggin alts?