Sign in to follow this  
Wilczan

[EPIC] Bait to bring more people from home servers to Elevation

- increase skill gain on Elevation (or lower on home)

- deed creating and upkeep cut in half on Elevation (or higher on home)

- lower karma costs on Elevation (or higher on home)

- lower favor costs on Elevation (or higher on home)

- faster horses and boats on Elevation

or

- sunk the home servers with gigantic flood

Always a good idea, to bring more people to one server just make all other servers unplayable. Might as well shut down all servers but the one! That will surely increase the number of people playing Wurm!

-1 of course.

• Like 1

How about we just shut down epic? Gonna be completely empty soon anyway, given how easy WU will be. Most ppl only go to epic for the easy mode.

IT'd be like saying "Shut down all pve servers other than xanadu to get them to play on Xanadu."

not needed

not needed

would further encourage the already rampant leave local and karma home

would imbalance pvp

would imbalance pvp

or

how about make your kingdom more enticing and stop treating noobs like

• Like 3

How about we just shut down epic? Gonna be completely empty soon anyway, given how easy WU will be. Most ppl only go to epic for the easy mode.

I don't really understand why people refer to Epic as easy mode. It's not more challenging to spend way longer pressing qqqqqq every 30 seconds or queueing up a bunch of imp actions every so often and going back to watching TV. Spending more time doesn't make it more challenging. Plus it only raises the bar. A decent account on Freedom/Chaos will have combat-related skills and some useful crafting skills. A decent account on Epic will have almost every skill to a useful level. You're still competing with other people, it's not like you're the only one on Epic with double skill gain and the curve.

• Like 2

Every time i go to mrh I dig a dirt and cross back to drop it. So far I've taken about 1 dirts.

• Like 2

Epic is a pvp server, yet home servers are there. So people just keep making deeds on home server which they should do on pve. 

Whats the meaning to pvp server when people are just making beautiful deeds on home sever like PVE. A lot is wrong with epic and i just think Epic is a waste of wurm time. 

I see someone dug up that old pigs head again and started to play football with it ......LMFAO !!!!!

-1 TROLL BAIT !!!!

Epic : the reason that WU is 3 years late

Edited by topkos
  • Like 1

Are you a person that thinks 50+ body is an achievement on either cluster? if you are, you haven't grinded hard enough to think epic is "easy mode".

I don't really understand why people refer to Epic as easy mode. It's not more challenging to spend way longer pressing qqqqqq every 30 seconds or queueing up a bunch of imp actions every so often and going back to watching TV. Spending more time doesn't make it more challenging. Plus it only raises the bar. A decent account on Freedom/Chaos will have combat-related skills and some useful crafting skills. A decent account on Epic will have almost every skill to a useful level. You're still competing with other people, it's not like you're the only one on Epic with double skill gain and the curve.

Some freedumbers don't realize that there are plenty of skills much much more difficult to grind over here. Meditating and woodcutting for instance.

I'd still like to see both PvP servers put together, but it's unlikely that will occur.

Always a good idea, to bring more people to one server just make all other servers unplayable. Might as well shut down all servers but the one! That will surely increase the number of people playing Wurm!

-1 of course.

"Double skill gain and the curve."

Really enough said. Being equal in skill just makes it much more easy for a pay to win situation, vastly more so then normal servers. I can look at my char and feel proud that made i've progress, can you say the same in epic? Must be dead silence when you hit a milestone and post in your alliance chat.

or

Edited by geode

"I don't play on epic or understand stuff but I surely know what's best"

You don't 'bait' people to try and play a certain way, how is that fun for anyone involved?

If they don't want to play on elevation they have the choice of the home servers to be a faster freedom-esque play style, i dunno why people always try and force people around when it comes to epic, no one that's player for 1~ years ever suggests things like this because they "get it".

Edited by Cornchips

*withdrawing my comment, i never played epic and probably will never understand"

Final thought to Wilczan,

it seems you did some research on me but got lazy half way through. I am pve carebear atm, but i have dreams of pvp since day one. Unlike your beloved epic, walking into chaos is full-retard when you are new and don't know many pvp'ers. I was thinking of epic as huge shortcut to pvp gameplay, which i love, but you've really soured my idea on that.

Edited by Rocklobstar

If you need incentives or bonuses to play a certain area, style, or way, then I don't understand how you're having fun at all, people pvp because they enjoy pvp, and everytime some suggestion like this comes up, people normally lob in the entire pvp crowd and say stuff like 'Oh well you asked for this you shouldn't need to bait people to play hurhur' when in reality it's one person 

"Double skill gain and the curve."

Really enough said. Being equal in skill just makes it much more easy for a pay to win situation, vastly more so then normal servers. I can look at my char and feel proud that made i've progress, can you say the same in epic? Must be dead silence when you hit a milestone and post in your alliance chat.

The way skillgain actually works here is that the size of the tick is based off the actual skill, and the frequency of the tick is based off of the effective skill. It makes some skills harder in the later levels, almost twice as hard in a few skills where the gains from the sheer amount of ticks rather than the size of them.

I also don't think you know that a very large portion of the server ALSO plays on the Freedom Cluster (and probably have better accounts than you)

If youre wondering the reason the server was set up that way, it was in order to make the losses from PvP not matter as much due to everyones ability to recoup faster. You can see it on Chaos, if a large group dies that kingdom isn't likely to do anything at all for a prolonged period of time.

Edited by Propheteer

Elevation should have no cost to buy any size deed you are conquering the land there. That would encourage more deeds to be built ofc guards should be the same cost, limit should be lifted imo.

plus boat speed should increase by 1km per 10ql maxing out at a 10km difference. 

epic also needs faster imping imo to make the pvp turn round better. especially arrows and horseshoes.

Edited by JockII

My thoughts on how to gain an infusion of players on Elevation:  

- All deeds Free to drop token, free upkeep, and 2 free templars for each deed (with no ability to add more templars).

- Limit deed size to 15x15 so the free deed mechanic does not get abused to hoard land.

- Must be premium to plant deed or be the mayor of a deed.

- No draining of tokens for silver coin - because the deeds are free.

- Kingdom vs Kingdom point system with a drain token mechanic where you have kingdom "points".  Each drain raises attacking kingdom points by 1.

- Points can be spent by the King of each kingdom to buy perks for his/her kingdom (as an example, a unique spawn like a dragon could be purchased for say 10 points and spawn within the kingdom's land).

Basically, it costs way too much to play on Epic which is why I think the numbers are so ridiculously low.  I know for a fact I would still be there had it not been for the cost of my deed and templars.  

The cost to play directly works against having a population, which is necessary for pvp to be exciting and fun.

Cheers.

Edited by Eyesgood

You don't need more than 1 templar for most deeds I've been told by the king and queen of MR.

• Like 1

If a couple of alts can kill all 20 Templars at a start deed this drives home the fact that Templars do not save deeds, people save deeds. The Templars are just like annoying buzzing flies to swat. One templar enforces your settings for same kingdom and provides you with the alarm to know who has been around in your absence.