Sign in to follow this  
Docterchese

News #78: Unlimited FAQ

News%20Header%20(old).jpg?dl=1

Hey everyone!

This week, devs have continued work on a range of things. We don't have so much to show but do have some updates, including FAQ questions about Wurm Unlimited answered by Rolf, and a date for when Tich's new permissions work will start going live.

Fansite Policy

Before we get into the main news, I'd just like to draw attention to our fansite policy. With the release of Wurm Unlimited ahead, many of you might be working on hosting your own new community portals or servers, which may include a website or other frontend.

We have no issue with (and in fact are excited about) people expanding Wurm's online presence into a range of new places; but it is vital that your fansite is impossible to mis-interpret as being an official site. This means there should be a disclaimer somewhere (the wording required is specified in the link above) and assets like the Wurm logo shouldn't be the main part of the site (i.e. it shouldn't look like it's official, if you use a Wurm logo somewhere then your own site logo should be there too, and in a more prominent position.)

If you're ever unsure about anything to do with a fansite, then don't hesitate to ask. It's much easier for you to PM me/a GM than for us to have to find out about the site by word of mouth, identify an infringement and chase you down wielding a soggy trout.

We'll be updating the fansite policy soon to adapt to Wurm Unlimited as well. I think that the game agreement published on Steam to go with WU has something on fansites, but I haven't read through it yet :ph34r:

The Week in Patch Notes

There were a couple of small changes this week to the in-game chat.

23/09/15:
  • Made the same server trade message a bit more blue.
  • New command: /openchat takes a parameter for the chat type, can be a single char e.g. /openchat k

Wurm Unlimited FAQ

Rolf took some time out this week to answer some questions about Wurm Unlimited. They're worth a read!

Unsurprisingly, there will probably still be some things you aren't sure about; keep asking and we'll keep answering. In addition, we're probably somewhere around 90% certain that we're going to do a livestream before release, where we'll showcase the new game and answer questions live.

Permissions

Tich has confirmed that a number of the improvements to the permissions system that we've been talking about for a while now should go live next week (so long as we can fix a few final bugs.) Until then, she'd greatly appreciate some help in testing the permissions system - find her on IRC (under the username Tich in #wurm) if you can help.

She also asked for feedback on item permissions and on a new ownership papers system.

Screenshot of the Week

This week's screenshot is of Steeveleeb's marina. It's relatively simple but we liked the design, and the marble brazier pillars make for fancy lighting. We could do a crazy screenshot every week, but it wouldn't be representative of what most players get up to.

Screenshot.jpg?dl=1

That concludes this week's news. I just started at university and it's freshers week - bringing this news post to you was quite the battle against time, freshers flu and a mild hangover ^_^students...

• Like 10

Beautiful!!!! love everything so much and here is one of the few WIP unofficial community portals you we're mentioning!! :3 http://manawurm.com/ we need a press/fan kit released with images people can use.

Edited by yashua
  • Like 3

we need a press/fan kit released with images people can use.

That's a good idea :3 we have something similar internally, I see no issue with making it public.

• Like 1

That's a good idea :3 we have something similar internally, I see no issue with making it public.

I'm sure people like me would love to have all those lovely templates too, it will make all the new WU servers look nice and organized/united & professional. ! :) and more branding for wurm!

I also just started university, and also have the dreaded freshers flu... Nice post ;)

I also just started university, and also have the dreaded freshers flu... Nice post ;)

Bath uni ftw! \o/

"As we change logo from time to time, please ensure that your fansite carries the current logo. "

So currently a fansite "kit" is in the works but has not yet been made public. However while that's being arranged, would it be possible for y'all to at least provide the current logo as a high res PNG somewhere? 

However while that's being arranged, would it be possible for y'all to at least provide the current logo as a high res PNG somewhere?

That was the intention, it will have logos in a range of sizes :3

"As we change logo from time to time, please ensure that your fansite carries the current logo. "

So currently a fansite "kit" is in the works but has not yet been made public. However while that's being arranged, would it be possible for y'all to at least provide the current logo as a high res PNG somewhere? 

I got the one i used for my conspiracy theory post off of steam. (not sure on the resolution thought) ..

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/366220/header.jpg?t=1442395333

thank you for the mention, glad you like it, more to see.
Stevelee  - Indigus. (Deli G24)

Edited by Steveleeb