Sign in to follow this  
Uberknot

One thing I do ask about religions...do not bring the player gods.

A better approach would to allow the server owner to specify which gods are allowed on the server, in much the same way that Libby isn't allowed on Freedom servers currently.  That way, those who can't bear the new gods, don't have to have them, and those who quite like them can have them.

• Like 2

Even before the game comes out, you want to start suggesting restrictions on us? I thought that we were finally on the road of freedom about what to do in our own servers or single player experience....

Topkos favors no kingdoms

• Like 2

I highly doubt the player gods that exist on WO will be on WU. I say this because they are not hard coded into the game, it is an achievable feature of the game. I'm sure you will be able to become a demi-god on WU through either spawning a key to the heavens or earning one.

I can also guess that being in control of the server software we might very well be able to create our own religion.

• Like 1

When you setup your own server I would think that you can just kick all these "gods" out if you find them undesirable. I know mine will have none of them. Well, maybe Fo can wander around since he seems pretty harmless and likes trees.

=Ayes=

Nevermind, you mean avatars.

Edited by Audrel

As a GM I'll just make myself a god and handpick all the spells I want. No need for the old God's or the new. So no need for this restriction.

• Like 2

Why would you care for even just a second if PRIVATELY HOSTED servers have player gods or not? Just don't play there if it's a nuissance for you, simple really. If a player actually makes it to become a diety in legal ways, i do not see the issue to be honest.

With mods confirmed it looks like you will be able to do custom gods if you want. It would be fun to see a server remove the faith limit of 30 for followers and launch with a good selection of gods.

Basically everyone gets to be a priest without priest penalties but there are a lot of different gods/spell lists to choose from. I have the feeling if you were careful about building a unique feel/good reason to follow each god it could lead to some very engaging gameplay.

OP: this goes against the complete and utter goal of WU, to be creative, open, free, moddable and configurable. So you can turn off player religions... or not. 

Dictating a "don't do it" doesnt makes sense when it's "unlimited" and free to do whatever you want.

Once you have your server up, and all 6 of the complete playerbase joins, you can likely have them all be gods, and make it a GVG battle server :P