This is the ###### right here:

Will Wurm Unlimited require multiple purchases to play more than one character at a time?
  • Steam only allows one client of any game (not only Wurm Unlimited) running at one time so you can only run one character per Steam installation and account.

Thing is, will WU finally support multiple characters on a single account like every other MMO in existence?  If you can only have one character ever and one iteration on a single computer ever, this is going to make a lot of people incredibly grumpy.  There are tons of reasons why; bridges, priests, etc.  The priest issue would at least be solved by allowing each account to have more than one character.

This also makes other things tricky such as can a person play on multiple servers with their account?  Surely this would require multiple characters?  If I want to play character A on my own server and character B on my friends server, will that be an option without buying two copies of the game?

Edited by JackBinimbul

Very excited, eager to get stuck into modding and world-building.

More details on system requirements for servers and bandwidth examples (sample player/animal count) would be great too.

Hat off to the devs working on mod tools already ;)

I'm with DM on this point - Some more specifics on server requirements would be very helpful. Example numbers for playerbase, creature count etc. (Example figures like how many online players per GB, creatures per GB, and then base world memory usage etc.) I'd like to start figuring out how many world I could comfortably host on my server and making the preparations for that.

Also curious, about the 1 character limit, are we limited to creating one character period, or one character online at a time?

• Like 1

I think they will have to resolve the priest and bridge issues before launch.

I can understand not having more then one character in game at the same time but i want to be able to play one character log him out and log on my priest. If they do it like we have now and the game remembers each account and you can log on whatever account you want then it is just down to bridges and the higher spells that need more then one priest. 

• Like 1

"We need multiple toons!"

* A work around to make bridges with one toon is already done or will be done at launch. 

* There are no skill caps so one toon can do it all. On WU you can set your skills to whatever at any point. By simply writing down your faith you could setup a way to swap between priest and non-priest. When your playing in priest mode set your faith to whatever it was before. When your done playing in priest mode record the new Faith and set it back to 0. Faith is the skill that incurs penalties when you do things your deity dislikes.

* You can at any point you wish shorten the action timers. Shortening timers in half is like two toons doing the same thing. The same applies to shorting to a third, a quarter, and eighth...etc.

* "Some priest spells require linking so we need multiple toons." I don't know the answer to this but the developers are aware of it and are working on it.

• Like 3

Will I be able to build a bridge in my standalone WU?

Showstopper for me. If I am going to singleplayer a version of Wurm, I want to singleplayer it without playing instapoof GM. Once Warlander's deed planner has bridges in it, I can donate the money to him and have the same thing of instant creation singly.

• Like 2

You didn't answer the question if WO will have a different price becuase of the cheaper price of WU

• Like 1

Yes, there will be a way to do that.

The bridge question has already been answered. Read the dev replies. ^

• Like 1

On your own version you can make it so priests can improve and have no penalty. Essentially, you will have a crafter that casts spells

• Like 1

* "Some priest spells require linking so we need multiple toons." I don't know the answer to this but the developers are aware of it and are working on it.

There is a kingdom priest title that allows one priest to cast things that normally require a linked priest to cast (LT/MS for example). Perhaps give the title to the priest and presto problem solved, no more need for a linked priest.

• Like 1

Im a bit confused about mutli players .So im going to have to get 2 accounts on steam so I can play a priest and a normal account  .Or have I read it wrong ? . I think we should be allowed to have 2 account's one for normal play and the other for a priest to cast 

thanks for your time 

Im a bit confused about mutli players .So im going to have to get 2 accounts on steam so I can play a priest and a normal account  .Or have I read it wrong ? . I think we should be allowed to have 2 account's one for normal play and the other for a priest to cast 

thanks for your time 

ONE TOON, yes one!

One toon per WU, one steam game per steam instance, one running steam instance per os. Technically you could setup a virtual machine on your computer (VMware), install steam on it, open a new steam account, and finally buy another version of WU. Although, I don't know why anyone would do this.

Edited by joedobo
  • Like 1

can i play a lib priest in WU?

Use GM powers to spawn a bone alter somewhere. http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Bone_Altar.

Use the altar to become a follower of Libila. Continue praying until you got 30 faith when you can again use the Bone Altar to become a priest. You could also use the customization tools to set your faith to a desired level.

I think you need negative Alignment to follow Libila. http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Alignment.

• Like 1

Could we lock this thread and tell people to post question in the other faq thread? It gets confusing with multiple threads.

• Like 1

I've wished this would happen for so long. Rolf, I applaud you for letting this happen. A lot of people love Wurm but they can't get past the other issues like difficult people and such. This solves that and more. Thank you for allowing this to happen. If the price isn't horribly bad I will definitely be all over this.

Nothing new here. Read all this FAQ stuff by Rolf in other threads already. Guess it will be good for those that just want some basics listed in this one though and not interested in reading all the other threads in this section.

*shrugs*

=Ayes=

Nothing new here. Read all this FAQ stuff by Rolf in other threads already. Guess it will be good for those that just want some basics listed in this one though and not interested in reading all the other threads in this section.

*shrugs*

=Ayes=

It's always good to have all the information from the various threads put into one FAQ post. not just for the ones that are lazy but the fact that some of the threads that good questions are answered on end up on back pages that no one is gonna read

• Like 2

Wurm slowly dies.

"You can change settings on the server to change things as skill gain speed, action timers, and even become a game master with more powerful abilities ingame."

In my opinion, there are most important rules which hold wurm up the water. Singleplayer? Dont know if someone interest in it and if yes, how long will be happy with. If want play alone its enough visit cele or some small server with 50ppl and its similar. Agree with emoo, instead solving current problems with playability(even 10 ppl in local give terrible results), game comes with new useless features. Instead of removing old useless features adding new ones.

Edited by ftoz

So can we please get the ancient JKH map :) ?

Woo Hoo for Newtown Lag.  LOL. Was just saying how much fun would be to maybe recreate our villages from before the apocolypse.

Woo Hoo for Newtown Lag.  LOL. Was just saying how much fun would be to maybe recreate our villages from before the apocolypse.

I put that JKH map request forward to the PR team and they will ask Rolf about it in the next weeks. So I guess good news :)

Edited by Sklo:D

Maybe ist right time to say wurm comunity true, how it will be done with further develop. Most players hope that current problems will be fix, but it hold long time and new fall from sky as rain.Seems also devs loosing ideals and power to go further. I dont want only hope that someone in future solve it. Experienced players know, that wurm push to engine limit. Many ppl has quite big money in game. It matter for me, what destiny wurm will have. I am little bit tired by fog and neverending wait for some playability fix. Its worse and worse with new versions. Rolf, please tell community true how it looks with plan of implementing new engine. If there is no plan, be objective please

Edited by ftoz

I know, new engine means rebuild almost whole game. Wurm is good game and has sence to fight for.Get larger fresh team with new trust of develop. I would like to listen if something similar will be plan or if y want sell it to another company

Edited by ftoz

Well if it's not cross platform for at least the client I'm out. I run Linux and have friends that run Windows and OSX. I'd rather a Linux server so I don't have to mess with Windows licensing, but I can work around that. For the client to not be cross platform is truly disappointing.