Sign in to follow this  
williamwierd

Independence Christmas Impalong 2015

Not a problem gumbo, real life comes first in the end.

I hope more people make it down before it's over, theres plenty of time left. There's lots of imping and fun going on, and it's hard not to get into a festive mood when so many people are friendly :D.

Edited by williamwierd
  • Like 1

On my way!

Can't wait to see the place Will :D

It will be good to see you again!

Q

• Like 2

Thank you so much for organizing this, myself and several alliance members sailed together from Xanadu and stayed a couple days. I believe they all came out with at least 1 rare item each! Lots of fun :) Happy Holidays!

• Like 3

It's been fun! Enki is up to his shenanigans again... dropping mobs like bad habits on us!!! :D

Will ate some mushrooms and acted like Santa Clause for a half hour... come check it out! 

Q

• Like 1

Another fantastic Impalong marked off my list! Was a great pleasure attending and had a lot of fun, especially with Enki's mass spawns :P

• Like 2

I would like to thank Williamwierd here for being an excellent host!

Had a great time, and thanks to new friends and old friends alike that I met there <3

• Like 2

On 24/09/2015 at 4:32 PM, williamwierd said:

I didn't mean to offend. I definitely never meant that this is -the- official impalong, as I expect there to be atleast one Xanadu impalong, and wouldn't be surprised at another Indy impalong. (I didn't mean to say officially twice either :P)

As for shipbuilding, it will simply be done at the docks/canal. I'll be sure to mark a specific area to park at for it, but it can be done just about anywhere.

tbh, I really think in these times, if people want to do an impalong they should just go for it. There is no need for "official", "Vote for" impalongs. These events are some of the best things in wurm, they bring people together and everyone one has a ball.

Both impalong I went to in the christmas made me all "fuzzy" inside, where else can you do something like this in other games? Great times, bring on more wurm event of any type.

P.s not just anyone is going to do one either, they are a lot of work to set up and cater for. I don't think anyone would take on one lightly.

Btw the quote should have previous post on it as well. damn forums.

Edited by Milosanx
  • Like 3

The impalong was a lot of fun. Group imping newbie's stuff while transformed into goblin and trolls, Enki trying to kill us a lot, raring stranger's items. Lots of chatting and fun was had. Thanks, William and everyone else who made it possible! 

• Like 2

Thank you William for putting on a great Impalong.  While the numbers were not huge (as I've experienced at other Impalongs) it was a treat not to have to deal with the usual lag issues.

The Impalong building was perfectly designed in my opinion, everything contained in one complex of buildings joined by bridges.  I originally came to imp boats but Hauler was doing an excellent job (Herrfritz too perhaps) so I took over the Jewelry forge.

My priestess Angelfire appreciated the opportunity to work her skills and apologises to those who did not get nice high casts, but she is still a bit of a beginner.  On the plus side, she didn't blow anything up :)

We both look forward to seeing many of you during the year and at the next Impalong.

Skyefox

Mayor: Albia Estates

Edited by skyefox
Added salutation
  • Like 2

I'll be hosting a very special event about one hour from now to celebrate a successful Impalong, if you're offline I recommend you get online to participate :D.

I'm very grateful to all the people who showed up, and I truly hope everyone enjoyed this year's Independence Impalong. There were so many friendly and wonderful people, and I really hope I get to meet you all again.

• Like 3

William, had a great time at your impalong -- well done!  Sorry I didn't get there sooner, but enjoyed what time I did have there.

• Like 2

The "special event" was a treasure hunt. Because of the nature of the event, everyone was recommended to take their gear off. The event went really well, and Divaa claimed the grand prize in the matter of about 15 minutes, and only beat the 2nd person by about 20 seconds!

But then almost as soon as the event found a winner the god-like entity known as Enki appeared, spawning mobs once again! This was certainly not the best time, since some had stored their armor for the event! Luckily we were able to drive them back, despite all the casualties. After that, to mark the end of the impalong, we held one last game of musical chairs. There were so many players it seemed like a whirlwind! In the end, Finn came in first place, with niki/bipin/aton in 2nd/3rd/4rth place respectively, all receiving prizes. After that, everyone said their goodbyes, and most parted.

I really hope everyone enjoyed the impalong this year, I certainly enjoyed having so many wonderful people here, and I met many new friends. I'm certain that I'll see and talk to most of them someday, somewhere in the wide old world of Wurm.

• Like 2

Here are just a few screenshots from today. I'll post more from previous days as well tomorrow  :D

Bugs! Bugs everywhere!

MADYtZb.png

Niki gets cornered into a building.

XA0BivE.png

Anybody lose a whale?

OR3KgVo.png

Something ugly and something beautiful.

RBfkDOq.jpg

Enki shows himself

HRLiVix.jpg

Idunn hides from the rampaging Enki with us

HrsxmKE.jpg

Everyone gets to together for a picture, Say cheese!

9he9s09.jpg

Edited by williamwierd
  • Like 7

Thanks a lot William, for the hosting and preparing! And the impers for the imping, the caster(s?) for the castings, Daash for the quizs and Enki for the spawns and healings. Was a lot of fun!

• Like 2

This was an awesome Impalong, William. I had a lot of fun (with Enki bringing it of all the mobs). My fight skill thanks you (and Enki) as well.

Hope to come back next year and do it again. :)

Edited by Benie
Forgot a few things.
  • Like 2

I always wanted to visit Independence and this Impalong simply steeled my resolve that this December will be the time. I decided to head to Xanadu Impalong first and then move to this one. The new plot course system was a fantastic surprise that just allowed me to hop from Xanadu straight across the border to Indy and then I sailed through this ancient, majestic continent to the Impalong area.

And what an Impalong it was! My only regret is that I didn't have more time to enjoy it. Still, I put it some solid hours on two days and then an extra one or two on another. The event was great. The areas were designed to be interractive and to offer a great sense of community. Even those traditionally remote areas, like carpentry, seemed to be just around the corner from everyone to make everyone feel included. The host was funny, lighthearted and very welcoming and the materials were well placed an accessible. All that resulted in some great imping action and a friendly, happy attmosphere.

It's amazing that one person organized and ran so much. I would like to thank Will for a great event and all his helpers and donnors for their generosity. I have soft spot for this part of Indy now and plan to visit from time to time!

And the best thing? I turned 2 things rare. That's more than my usual average of one per Impalong :)

Cheers!

• Like 2

Finally got some rest :D

There are a few items left inside of containers(not many, thankfully), and I'll keep them untouched so the original owners can take them until new years. At that point I'll contact as many owners as possible to return them, and stick any remaining in a lost&found area.

Thank you again to everyone who came, and for all the help I had with the Impalong. I'm sure the fact that everything went well was thanks to the fact everyone was so friendly and helpful. It was a lot of fun, and I hope to meet as many of you as possible at some point. Until then, keep on wurming.

Edited by williamwierd
  • Like 5