Sign in to follow this  
williamwierd

Independence Christmas Impalong 2015

I will try to appear, shield smith/cloth tailor/fine carpenter here. :)

• Like 1

Will try and make it , havnt been to one for years ,, can do a few things.

Cheers

Dadd

• Like 1

Will you host the "traditional" Sermons where as well?

There will be sermons, the exact area for sermons+the enchanting area isn't decided yet though.

There will be sermons, the exact area for sermons+the enchanting area isn't decided yet though.

The best setup I have seen is to have a 2nd floor above the imping area for the sermons to get in as many listeners as possible.

Not sure if it works over 3 floors but I think that might even work better to have a not to big building  ( 4 x 4 to cover everyone in the building for Sermon listeners) with 3 floors. Bottom floor for Craters, first floor for Casters and 3rd floor for preachers. and hell while you busy make a 4th floor for people going afk but still count as listeners for the Sermons but not over crowed the other floors. Potentially with a good water supply and a Large Cart open to all with some meals in it.

Just my 1c worth of ideas.

P.S. I am not trying to take over your ideas/planning just throwing in some ideas into the pot.

• Like 1

The best setup I have seen is to have a 2nd floor above the imping area for the sermons to get in as many listeners as possible.

Not sure if it works over 3 floors but I think that might even work better to have a not to big building  ( 4 x 4 to cover everyone in the building for Sermon listeners) with 3 floors. Bottom floor for Craters, first floor for Casters and 3rd floor for preachers. and hell while you busy make a 4th floor for people going afk but still count as listeners for the Sermons but not over crowed the other floors. Potentially with a good water supply and a Large Cart open to all with some meals in it.

Just my 1c worth of ideas.

P.S. I am not trying to take over your ideas/planning just throwing in some ideas into the pot.

It works, doesn't matter how high up you go your technically still on the bottom.

Not sure if it works over 3 floors but I think that might even work better to have a not to big building  ( 4 x 4 to cover everyone in the building for Sermon listeners) with 3 floors.

The Impalong area is already being worked on, so it's a bit too late for that. However, I'll try place it as close as possible to where the action is though.

And naturally water+food will be provided ;)

Edited by williamwierd

The Impalong area is already being worked on, so it's a bit too late for that. However, I'll try place it as close as possible to where the action is though.

And naturally water+food will be provided ;)

Sadly "Close" is not going to be close enough unless it is within 4 tiles from the person holding the sermon. The whole idea of sermons at impalongs is

to catch the people at the imping stations as listeners.

Please add me to the leather working I should be in the area around that time

I can also fall I to masonary and pottery and if interested I am willing to try and whip up some dyes :)

• Like 1

Would like to donate MR wagons/banners/tall banners/flags if the OP wants - pm me if interested :)

• Like 1

edit:this post broke with the new forums update... don't know what this post said. derpa-derp.

Edited by williamwierd

yeah, sorry... not gonna move once I'm at a forge. but I will bring my Nahjo priest Shadowkyle (70+faith 75 channeling) for sermons and maybe casts.

Edited by KyleBooze

Signing up Amath for carpentry. And will be helping out with others, up to what I can. Can bring 75+ql logs too.

I will try, no matter the date, to be there. So happee to finally catch an impalong on Indy :D

• Like 1

I really hope the turnout is good :lol:

Due to lack of interest and participants, gladiator games were removed from the planned activities. Cow races will likely be replaced by sail boat races.

Edited by williamwierd

I would like to offer my services as ship imper along with my previous crew of Hughmongus,  Webleyvickers and  Moomba.

I have been the unofficlal ship imper/team leader at the last 3 impalongs ( Pendleton Derby-Deli, Glass Hollow-Xanadu, Lotus Landing-Release) and basically go from ship to ship improving as allowed by the ship owners.

I will be available to do imping December 23 - 26, the rest of my team off and on during the entire week.

Look forward to working with everyone!

Skyefox

Mayor: Albia Estates

• Like 1

I haven't been to an impalong yet and this sounds like it'll be fun! A couple of friends and myself will definitely be there to check it out :)

• Like 1

I haven't traveled to Inde yet, so this is a great excuse :)

I can help with LW, CT, FC, and BS. Happy to help with any of these, or I can fill in where needed. I can also stand around and try to look pretty.

Wilca

• Like 1

Oooo what FUN!!  If I'm home alone for Christmas I'll definitely attend - maybe I can Gumbo's "Vanna"  ;-)  Or run errands ...  I just enjoy being with our wonderful Indyians at any events!  Thanks for doing this William and Gumby .. er Gumbo.  heh

• Like 1

Hmm, it may be time to come back to life :o

Wow if Ray is coming, Ray is coming too! :D

• Like 1

I should have the general prize layout done by the end of the month(I have plenty of personal stock I'll add to the prize pool as necessary, it should end up with plenty of them :D). I'll also try to think up one or two more events to add in.

Heres a picture of the impalong area in the meantime. The actual area is nearing completion, with some minor differences in the original plans. Also, do note the marble slabs are meant to be a canal(deedplanner ported over my deed way above water level) Also, bridges will look a bit funky due to some glitches in deedplanner.

BuPcvlj.jpg

Edited by williamwierd
  • Like 2

The Impalong buildings were completed a few days ago. All that's left is lighting, forges/coffins, and general decorations. In a few days I'll start collection of donations and gathering any resources that aren't covered myself.

• Like 1