Sign in to follow this  
williamwierd

Independence Christmas Impalong 2015

As of 1/1/2016, all leftover items were moved to the coffin in the church.

Independence Christmas Impalong

Greetings! Summer is over, and it already feels like Winter is just around the corner. What better time is there to officially announce that I will be hosting a Christmas Impalong this year. The event will include many prizes, events, and many, many improved tools. I hope to see many Indyians this year, as well as people from other servers. ;)

Information

When?
December 20th-26th

Where?

Wilburh's Folly, Independence G17, community map 34x, 17y. It will be held at the large castle on the north side, on the 3rd floor. It's accessible to carts, wagons, and horses thanks to ramps.

Fun and Games

Needle in a Haystack

Starts on December 20th

I will be hiding several needles around the entire deed with hidden codes. Each code allows the winner to pick one item out of the shared prize pool and is only redeemable by the first person to find each one. There will be a total of 5.

Total Found:  Five

One remains, I think that's enough clues ;)

Goodie Bag

Starts on December 20th

Highlight: A prize key

Every player attending the event will be given a goodie bag with several items, as well as a Prize Key.(see below for more information)

A few special bags may hold a very nice surprise in it as well.

Prize Keys

Starts on December 20th

Each Goodie Bag will contain a prize key. Everyone may go to a group of 5 locked chests. Anyone with a matching key to one of the 5 chests will receive the prize held within, or prizes if they wander upon the grand prize chest.

Chests claimed: Fourlesser prizes

Grand prize is still unclaimed, no lesser chests left ;)

Sailboat Races

Starts on December 22nd

Only one person allowed per sailboat. The race course will be marked by rafts. The first to finish shall receive two items of their choosing from the shared prize pool. Second place will receive a pre-determined prize. All participants shall receive(or loaned) a sailboat for free if requested, as well as a participation prize.

Random Events

Throughout the Impalong

These are simply when I get a burst of generosity, and may feature things such as mini-events, quick on-the-fly quiz shows, or just about anything else. Prizes will almost always be items from the Shared Prize Pool.

Prize Pool

More prizes may be added later.

Shared Prize Pool

Items in this pool are for games that allow the winner to pick their prize, and they may choose any that are not already taken from this pool. More is likely to be added at a later time for more variety. Some items I have multiple of which are marked by an asterisk

Rare Pickaxe*

Rare Rake

Rare Shovel

Rare Tabard*

Rare Forge(unf)

Rare Loom

Rare File

Rare Longbow(willow)*

Rare Spirit house(unf)

Rare Strange Device(unf)

Rare Lantern

Rare Leather Adventurer hat

Prize Keys

Four chests will hold a single rare item, and one will hold a secret grand prize.

All chests were claimed/given out

The Imping!

Tools will be imped to 70 or so QL. If requested rare/enchanted tools may be imped higher if any impers are willing. Of course you may also pay someone to imp well above 70ql at the event if you wish.

0J2KfDI.png

The Impers

Blacksmithing

Williamwierd

weirdojr

Wilca

Lancelot

jonydowy

queenrocks

zaymin

sorrow

daash

herrfritz

Fivefinger

Cybaru

Jewelry Smithing

nubcraft

queenrocks

Cybaru

Weaponsmithing

zaymin

sorrow

Cybaru

Plate Armour Smithing

Jonydowy

Cybaru

Niki

Shield Smithing

Warlander

zaymin

Cybaru

Chain Armour Smithing

Kylebooze

Freddykrueger

Lancelot

daash

sorrow

Carpentry

Williamwierd

Gorgonkain

melimazar

Amath

Lancelot

queenrocks

herrfritz

sorrow

hauler

Fivefinger

Cybaru

Fine Carpentry

melimazar

Williamwierd

Warlander

Wilca

Lancelot

queenrocks

herrfritz

Cybaru

Fletching/bowyery

Gorgonkain

queenrocks

Einherjer

Enchanting

Skyefox

Clothing tailoring

Warlander

Wilca

queenrocks

Zaymin

sorrow

Shrimpiie

Leatherworking

valdor

Booskii

Wilca

Jonydowy

queenrocks

herrfritz

sorrow

Shrimpiie

Cybaru

Masonry

melimazar

Williamwierd

Booskii

Lancelot

queenrocks

herrfritz

Hauler

Shipbuilding

Hughmongus

Webleyvickers

Moomba

herrfritz

hauler

Pottery

Booskii

herrfritz
hauler

Staff

Anyone may apply to help out at the Impalong via forum PM, talking to me ingame, or through this thread.

Resource Manager - Brings resources from storage buildings to the imping buildings

- Williamwierd

-Shrimpiie

-Herrfritz

-Niki

Game Host - These people will help run any Events throughout the Impalong

- Williamwierd

Donations

Misswilca - 300 50ql leather, 300 60ql leather

Cenotaph - 900 80ql Iron

Kaldari - Rare willow longbow

kasumi - (count)900 gold lumps

Cenotaph - 300 70ql silver, Rare small anvil, 58 70ql anvils

Herrfritz - 120 80ql logs, 18 84ql clay, 92ql Rare Willow Longbow

Daash - 300 90ql iron, 150 80ql copper, 150 70ql iron, 300 80ql iron, 10 80ql lamps, set of 90ql enchanted h.shoes

Fivefinger - Rare Lantern

Einherjer - 2 92ql logs, 12 82ql logs, (count)50 75ql logs

Goldfever - A great help with coal and favor

Cerberus - A great help with steel.

Harth - 150 80ql steel

Any and all leftover donations will be further donated to the next hosted Impalong after this one.

FAQs and Guidelines

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them to further add onto this list

Q/A

What is an Impalong?

An impalong is quite simply where everyone gathers and Imps there stuff. Theres no need to understand the games and events, just simply join in if you can and have fun :D

Guidelines

Visitor Guidelines

• Always rename your tool to your name prior to placing it into the forge.
  • Avoid overloading priests with more than a few tools. It's a bit more difficult than imping, and the amount can really add up.
  • Be Responsible and reasonable. Don't stick in 10 spoons to have them imped.
  • Ensure that any tools you want enchanted are atleast 70ql, otherwise they are likely to shatter.
  • Any tools enchanted can and might shatter, and put them in on your own risk.
  • If you want a tool casted on, rename it to the request cast types
  • Do not resell any items improved at the impalong. One exception may of course be rare/pre-enchanted items.

Imper Guidelines

• If you have permission in the building, never take the tools out of the forges/coffins otherwise the owner cannot get them back without asking.
  • Imp tools to 70. Any higher is optional, and you can always give a bit of extra love to rares.
  • Feel free to take commissions on any higher imps.
  • Casters will not be held responsible for any shatterings.
  • It is requested that only 90+ channeling priests Cast on rare tools to ensure minimal loss throughout the event.

Edited by williamwierd
  • Like 15

If you wish to be added to the list of impers simply say what type of items you'll be imping :P

Edited by williamwierd

Fantastic, never been to one, never had the time, this time Ill be there. :_)

• Like 2

Greetings! Summer is over, and it already feels like Winter is just around the corner. What better time is there to officially announce that I will officially be hosting a Christmas Impalong this year. The event will include many prizes, events, and many, many improved tools. I hope to see many Indyians this year, as well as people from other servers. ;)

Interesting, who exactly from Wurm officials elected you as host of Indy Winter Impalong 2015?

never mind, do as you like, but do not be surprised, when there will be more "official" Impalongs (as in years before)

I do not see any shipbuilding activity in your "The Imping!" block. Will there be something like ship improving area? Should be nice to jump above 99 there ...

Interesting, who exactly from Wurm officials elected you as host of Indy Winter Impalong 2015?

never mind, do as you like, but do not be surprised, when there will be more "official" Impalongs (as in years before)

I do not see any shipbuilding activity in your "The Imping!" block. Will there be something like ship improving area? Should be nice to jump above 99 there ...

I didn't mean to offend. I definitely never meant that this is -the- official impalong, as I expect there to be atleast one Xanadu impalong, and wouldn't be surprised at another Indy impalong. (I didn't mean to say officially twice either :P)

As for shipbuilding, it will simply be done at the docks/canal. I'll be sure to mark a specific area to park at for it, but it can be done just about anywhere.

Edited by williamwierd

Nice to have a pottery area as well, usually a good demand for stuff like smelting pots.

Also, I can help with cordage.  Happy to turn 5 to 10k wemp into favor to support this if you got the wemp.

Finally, while I can't directly supply steel, I will supply a good amount of high ql coal which should help out a lot making the steel on site if needed.

If I'm around, I'll be there.

• Like 1

do you need a specific amount of rockshards? I can probably bring some :) aswell as logs, but i would need to go gather them first XD

also, you talked about making plans with deedplanner, do you have a size of the area to work with?

Edited by Miretta
  • Like 1

Looking forward to hosting a few games of Deal or No Deal at the Impalong.

:)

• Like 6

Looking forward to hosting a few games of Deal or No Deal at the Impalong.

:)

I was hoping it was you when I read about Deal or no Deal :)

• Like 2

@Raybarg

The area being hosted is a man-made island. As such I was hoping to wait until it's fully expanded(which should be well before the impalong) to have it added. But it would infact be a good idea to add it now as suggested to ensure people can actually find it.

@Goldfever

I might have to throw it into the blacksmithing/carpentry area, but I'll see if I can plan out it's own area as well.

As for the cordage/charcoal, that would be lovely. I have a friend(with decent metallurgy) that would probably help out just for the metallurgy skill. :D It'd be greatly appreciated if you help with cordage as well, and I could definitely supply the wemp

@Miretta

I don't think the masonry turnout will be too large, and I remembered I do infact have a good amount that should be enough(changed rock shards to green.) In terms of logs, 200-300 on top of what I currently have would probably work for 70ql, and a few hundred for 80ql.

As for making plans, the exact area marked out currently is 18x27, however I can resize the deed(and likely will) if this isn't a sufficient amount of space.

Edited by williamwierd

@Raybarg

The area being hosted is a man-made island. As such I was hoping to wait until it's fully expanded(which should be well before the impalong) to have it added. But I suppose I'll add it now as suggested to ensure people can actually find it.

Sounds awesome :) My suggestion was meant to be helpful. Informative exposure is allways positive. :) When I read your announcement, the first thing was to see where exactly it is (for various of reasons) and since I was reading it from the office where I cannot access the game (and thus ingame map) I was a bit saddened I couldnt fulfill my desire to know where it is taking place. So I tried to find your village from community map, and it wasnt listed, so I got paranoid whats this about, someone hosting Xmas Impalong but not even listed on map... Then I made the choice to not go all paranoid and thought I should suggest that void to be filled. :)

Added in another rare to the prize pool, I'll be adding plenty more in the future to ensure every event has a healthy amount of prizes :D

Edited by williamwierd

I will be attending in a clay smith capacity, any rares I make and don't hide before then ill send you as additional prizes. I can provide my materials, assuming my friends dig me up some good clay:D.

• Like 1

@Bonegetter That'd be more than appreciated. :D

Edited by williamwierd

I'll attend as a Chainsmith of course. :D

I can bring a large crate or 2 of 90+ql iron to help imping

• Like 1

I am looking forward to this Christmas already

Put me down for imping Carp, and can back-up Fletching and Bowery to 50

• Like 1

this sounds fun, as long as surgery doesnt end me, ill be there! Though not to great with imping stuff, shall see where i am by then  :-)

• Like 2

I'll try to make my way from Celebration for this, if I can. I have never been to Indy, so perhaps I'll combine it with a bit of sightseeing.

Put me down for leatherworking, if you please.

• Like 1