Sign in to follow this  
Huntar

To the player who minedoored the Tristan Public Tunnel System and deeded the other side

How many tiles is the tunnel? How many support beams will we need?

Can we turn this shaming post into a constructive community project? :)

Mine is 3 wide

I'm working on fixing it up at the moment, the inside is admittedly a little rough but very passable. I widened the road, flattened it all out and added a ramp, mined a few tiles and am in the process of planning out for a nahjo priest to come down and strongwall. I put the signs back up again aswell.

If ANYONE would like to lend a hand in mining, or donating corn for the strongwalls (Message Odynn for further information on the strongwalling), contact me.

Edited by Huntar
  • Like 1

one of the things I dislike most about Wurm.  Some people have no consideration for the rest of the population.  If this has been used for a good while as public travel, is it not considered a highway of sorts, therefore protected??

Just had the same problem going south from Linton.  And nope.  Not protected no matter how long it's been there.  Must be a "highway" to be protected.  Regardless of past rulings.

• Like 1

I can donate a couple K corn, will plant more. I have a mag priest that can help with strongwalling.

• Like 3

IF this tunnel gets same heritage/GM protection status as GD tunnel, i can hook u guys up with couple K's of corn.

IF this tunnel gets same heritage/GM protection status as GD tunnel, i can hook u guys up with couple K's of corn.

Problem is it'll have to be reinforced before we get it classified has a heritage.

Didn't bring stuff to reinforce, just mining atm.
Someone else be the supervisor!

• Like 1

will probably need a little over 600 support beams total. I believe its about 300 long, could be under estimating. If we can get our hands on a mag priest I can pump out door locks for it.

Don't forget about Nahjo, and that's a lot easier on favor.

• Like 2

very interesting but the mine tunnel not included a two tile wide road is a hwy and can not be blocked >>>>>.......  The screen shot shows it to have been a 2 tile wide road.  If the Gm will not do anything aboiut it keep mind that the rulling says the player must have some mean of leaving their deed so simply seal him in except for going over the mountain until he unblocks the road.  Its not griefing as long as they have a way and out and that way need not be easy or convieniant.  But I would first make every effort to talk to the person and with a little luck its a new player that is just clueless and will correct the issue.

You can also place oblisks  or shrines at each end to keep any deed 6 tiles away from the enterance atleast.

Don't forget about Nahjo, and that's a lot easier on favor.

Nahjo is what we're planning on.

3LGQqHj.jpg

Already begun on the restoration process

Edited by Huntar

If it can wait past the weekend, i can sail my nahjo over and help with strongwalling. 

• Like 1

From Sunday I'm happy to bring my Nahjo Frankdrebin to the site to help reinforcing. Besides the corn onions and garlics are awesome saccables and light weight ones.

Edited by Jaz

You can also place oblisks  or shrines at each end to keep any deed 6 tiles away from the enterance atleast.

Bingo

I plan to come up and help mine when I get home from work today. Is it best to come through the east or west end of the tunnel?

Well both ends work, I started from west end, three rows, and as far as I came I made floor flat also, you will see where it is more narrow than three tiles!

Taking a break for a Bdayparty but other people were there when I logged out.

Edited by Cecci
  • Like 2

I can come from Indy to help, i mine and my Nahjo Priest Fumfu can Strongwall.

Where is the best place on the coast of Deli to dock and walk there ?

• Like 1

If someone has the groceries, I can bring my nahjo alt out to help stiffen up the walls for yas as well, Saturday or Sunday night.

• Like 1

People keep saying a new player.  The name of the character looks like an alt character name.  Also, collapsing a tile requires a priest.  So the player isn't new.  And if he is, the priest who took the job would have known.  I'm carting my main to mine, a nahjo to cast, and a cart load of corn.  Just finsihing up the leveling of a highway project.

People keep saying a new player.  The name of the character looks like an alt character name.  Also, collapsing a tile requires a priest.  So the player isn't new.  And if he is, the priest who took the job would have known.  I'm carting my main to mine, a nahjo to cast, and a cart load of corn.  Just finsihing up the leveling of a highway project.

He didn't collapse, he put minedoors up. I know who the player is actually, wife of a friend of mine who left the game some years ago and just recently came back, I talked her over the situation and she explained that she locked it all off to prevent people from taking stuff from her deed.

Which IMHO makes no sense and is a bit of a stupid thing to do considering she locked off the entire region from players.

Either way, we have around 5 people here working hard at the mine, anyone that can lend a hand would provide some much appreciated work!

Edited by Huntar

Still hard at work, but managed to squeeze in a group pic with workers, Thanks to Keenan, JDBooker, Odynn, Wilca, Cecci, and Zorako for all the help and work they've provided in the restoration project!

2csWqc7.jpg

Edited by Huntar
  • Like 6