Sign in to follow this  
Huntar

To the player who minedoored the Tristan Public Tunnel System and deeded the other side

Hey yeah this is to you

MiXLSLR.png

^ You might recognize this convenient little tunnel here specifically labeled on the map as "Tristan Tunnel",

Yeah well you locked the entire thing off, so thank you.

bDTBLwg.jpg

Thank you for making the journey to the east side a hassle.

SKZnzGu.png

Thank you for deeding AND fencing off the opposite end (Which connected to the the highway) with a locked gate.

dathWx1.jpg

Thank you, random player, for unknowingly trapping me in your locked-gate, one-way minedoored hell prison  (Which signs strongly discouraged, signs which now have been removed by the player who deeded.)

Edited by Huntar

one of the things I dislike most about Wurm.  Some people have no consideration for the rest of the population.  If this has been used for a good while as public travel, is it not considered a highway of sorts, therefore protected??

• Like 6

mybe is time to move on xanadu :D  or just call gms to sort out :D

Why do people deed over roads and then fence it off so no-one can get through? Had this happen to me a couple of times on roads that I built, I just don't understand their logic! Do they think the road was just already there and no one worked on it or the tunnel or what?

If people really want a private area don't deed on a bloody road, go off into the woods and make your own road there.

Hope this gets resolved for you anyway and you are able to freely travel the route again

• Like 1

one of the things I dislike most about Wurm.  Some people have no consideration for the rest of the population.  If this has been used for a good while as public travel, is it not considered a highway of sorts, therefore protected??

I don't believe the tunnel was ever considered a proper 'Heritage' site, I've been told it isn't though that should in no way exclude it from community respect.

(If it isn't a heritage site, then AFAIK a GM really can't do anything about it, it's just much more of an annoyance to have to run into it and feel helpless save for bashing down the doors only to run into a fully deeded pen)

Edited by Huntar

See, WU ain't what's gonna kill Wurm Online, it's technicalities granted in favor of this kind of asshattery that's making Wurm bleed players.

• Like 2

Are you sure it is not going to have anything to do with all the toxic forum personalities?

If the people that created these tunnels and canals do not put in the effort to have them made into GM protected heritage sites, do not jump to conclusions that recent changes to those areas were done with malicious intent.  If they did apply for heritage status and were denied, then you might consider that this was never considered a highway and there is another route available.  Just because someone planted a sign and had it put on the map does not make it official.  I know of two tunnels listed on the Deli map that have fallen into such neglect that they are no longer passable.  Who will you attack for that?

• Like 1

Maybe you should let people know the deed name.

The player who planted it would be named in area history or the Deli twitter feed.

Are you sure it is not going to have anything to do with all the toxic forum personalities?

If the people that created these tunnels and canals do not put in the effort to have them made into GM protected heritage sites, do not jump to conclusions that recent changes to those areas were done with malicious intent.  If they did apply for heritage status and were denied, then you might consider that this was never considered a highway and there is another route available.  Just because someone planted a sign and had it put on the map does not make it official.  I know of two tunnels listed on the Deli map that have fallen into such neglect that they are no longer passable.  Who will you attack for that?

It's gone several, what, three, four years without being touched. As I said, I do not know for certain if it is or isn't a heritage site. However that shouldn't matter as it is acknowledged by the community as a public-use travel mine, even being marked on the community map as such (I travel through this mine every few times a week to get to the east, much quicker than going around). We aren't talking about impassable tunnels that are no longer in service, this one is, and has been in service for a very long time, so your statement about previously fallen tunnels is kind of an unnecessary remark.

I find it pretty malicious, considering there were signs placed (Now picked up and gone), stating the use of the mine, what other reason would someone have, someone who knows perfectly well  what the mine is being use for, to wall it off?

Also @Zorako, deed name is Onyx, it doesn't appear on the feed however it just appeared in the last two days (Most likely renamed.)

Edited by Huntar

I guess hopefully someone can contact him and explain what he is really doing by blocking this off. Maybe he will correct the issue and bash the fences. One can only hope.

As I said, I do not know for certain if it is or isn't a heritage site.

Here is what one looks like.

wurm.20150924.1106.jpg

I guess hopefully someone can contact him and explain what he is really doing by blocking this off. Maybe he will correct the issue and bash the fences. One can only hope.

This, along with a support ticket, would be the best way to approach these incidents.  Instead of immediately putting them on defense by publicly attacking them.

• Like 1

This is not a heritage site sadly. those are marked with signs from GMs. In order for a tunnel to be heritage, it needs to be reinforced on both sides all the way through.

Still, I got in trouble for having locked mine door on my deed that some one got stuck in because of a locked gate. Im pretty sure this guy should to. The situation is different, but only because its a tunnel that connects all the way through, where as mine was a private mine the guy came through.

Edited by Nicrolis

[20:54:22] The settlement of Onyx has just been disbanded by Tze.

This is what i saw few minutes ago. I hope those deeds will be gone and tunnel is going to be used as usual :)

• Like 2

I remember long ago trying to mine lead in that mine, it is the lead mine right? Or the lead was very close by, got my newbie ass kicked in there. ;)

If the deed is gone now would be a good time to start a community  project to make Tristan Tunnel compliant with the requirements of a Heritage Site.

• Like 1

mybe is time to move on xanadu :D  or just call gms to sort out :D

This same thing happens on Xanadu as well. Just travel along the ocean road from Glasshollow to Wolfpack and you will find that the owner of the next deed has blocked off the road along the waters edge that was made for public use before they had that deed.

I have seen this on Independence as well where the coastal road access was blocked off by a newer deed. It happens on all servers and is done by people who have no concern for others than themselves. Not going to change since making sure that others have access around your deeds, fencing or whatever is not a requirement for playing the game.

Best that can be done is make others aware of these meme!'s as Huntar has done. Yea, maybe bash down the stuff too if it can be done.

=Ayes=

Looking at the pictures I'd say that part of the problem is that on one side where he deeded the road was only a single tile - therefore not a highway. Otherwise he couldn't have done that right?

even if it was 2 tiles wide, since its not a heritage site, he can. Tunnels arent protected under any HW rule(unless heritage), which would make the hw terminate at the tunnel entrance. And by the rules he could deed it and block it.

Well - if he really wanted to deed the actual mine entrance to place a door it would be a pretty clear case of obstruction. As for the fences over the roadway - he would not have been able to do that, or build across the hw, or obstruct it in any way. Do curbs still work on a mine entrance? If so the border would also be part of the hw, so even with a deed you shouldn't be able to remove it, and therefore couldn't place a door.

Edited by Heboric

Well - if he really wanted to deed the actual mine entrance to place a door it would be a pretty clear case of obstruction. As for the fences over the roadway - he would not have been able to do that, or build across the hw, or obstruct it in any way. Do curbs still work on a mine entrance? If so the border would also be part of the hw, so even with a deed you shouldn't be able to remove it, and therefore couldn't place a door.

1> If a deed is the terminus of a highway it may place locked gates across the highway and use KoS as long as the gates follow the KoS rules regarding griefing.

Since it is a terminus, he can block it to his hearts content. Since the tunnel is not heritage, it is not protected like a HW would be.

Only way he would be breaking the rule is if this was a heritage site.

Get a mag priest, strong wall all the walls, and put in a support for heritage. Can take anywhere between 2 days and a week depending on how fast the approval process goes/a gm replies.

Oh ya, side note.... As some one who made a public tunnel AND some one that knows who made this tunnel for PUBLIC use(not to mention uses it),  this is quite annoying.

How many tiles is the tunnel? How many support beams will we need?

Can we turn this shaming post into a constructive community project? :)

• Like 3

will probably need a little over 600 support beams total. I believe its about 300 long, could be under estimating. If we can get our hands on a mag priest I can pump out door locks for it.