Sign in to follow this  
Mausmane

This Saddens Me

I love being able to break into someone's deed and take everything they worked on. I love being able to sand their farms, kill and butcher their animals, burn every piece of wood and or cloth that they have.  I love it when I don't like someone, even if they are in my own village - I can murder them in the open.  Of course you got to consider what village you're in, and if you can kill the person... But most of the people who annoy me I can kill.  In my village that happens all the time, doesnt always end in death but fighting gets it out of your system and makes them wary of provoking you again. 

I know people who havent PvP'd once on Epic, they crafted and supplied people with stuff which was great.  Less things for the people who can fight have to do. Most fighters have other skills so its not like you're going to slave away. 

People always say that they are going to get consistantly killed.  If you actually tried playing on any PvP server and used the thing inside your skull.. You'd figure it out how to stay alive.

Here are three easy steps

1 - Don't roam near enemy lands

2 - Don't provoke people on the forums or ingame with kingdom banter if you can't back it up

3 - Join an established village or get a few friends to play with you so you don't get burned out.

I know if Freedom people joined Epic and played on Elevation, most kingdoms wouldn't go attack them right away.. They'd be helpful giving some information on how some things work and mingle with the politics between the kingdoms.  Not everytime its "HE'S LABELED ENEMY KILL".  Some times things are bigger than a kill or two.

2 words to describe everything wrong with combat: Target system 

Hire this man rolf.

And hire me for publicity, I'll write the ad copy:

Come join our game where you can either play PvP, where you play closely 24/7 with people who may think it's fun to kill someone else's farm of 70 horses and not leave even one standing, while your friends laugh and clap with you on teamspeak. Lose your gear when you get killed, often by unbalanced larger groups of people. Or, play PvE, where you'll be responsible for making materials for the people who've decided to play PvP, and you can be their virtual slaves. They may look down on you, but they have the superior role of concentrating on strategy, and it's a good thing they're there to do this, right, because you certainly couldn't manage it! The grind to make these things is slooooow but after a year or so you can probably keep up. Forget about cooking, studying, vacations, taking care of the kids, household chores, because you're part of a big team (good thing we made this for you), and if you don't pull your weight you can cause your team to be penalized. This is even more fun than real-life work!

• Like 2

i think that when wurm ultimate comes out, the freedom servers are going to have a noticeable population decline, while the pvp servers will mostly stay the same.

THAT is likely yeap.

and that"s the problem man, you keep telling to yourself that nothing is wrong in town square, while bumping like little girls scouts your recruitment threads :

People who don't like pvp, simply do not like pvp.  Some people like it, some don't.  There are absolutely no arguments or enticements that will make a person spend their time doing things they don't enjoy. 

Why is it that some pvpers are always determined to get non-pvp people to pvp? They harp and nag and make an intolerable nuisance of themselves trying to convince others to pvp when they're just not interested.  Just because you like something doesn't mean that everyone else in the world has to like it too.

I have friends who pvp. Doesn't mean I have to.  Hell, my grandson pvps.  What does that have to do with the price of eggs in China? I don't enjoy it.  Period.

Seems to me people wanting more pvp players should stop worrying about trying to find ways to get non-pvp people to pvp.  Your time would be much better spent trying to get other pvpers into Wurm.

As for pve people being unsociable, I don't see it.  The pve servers have plenty of social interaction.  I think maybe some people are seeing what they want to see or are parroting what they hear their friends say when they're having their carebear bashing sessions in teamspeak.  lol

• Like 2

Amadee, that post above you is quite the good example of unsociability. Lol

and my forum stalker is back !!! Yay !  I missed you soooo much!

Yea I have a serious problem with pvp metanerds wanting to destroy my deed in the pve servers, specially those with a dozen of +1 on dat thread

Edited by topkos
  • Like 1

One of the most unexpected and 'whoa' replies ever.

You could come play on epic and let us protect you as you build and mine. :) 

There's so much prime land that's going unused... I'ts not THAT dangerous. 

It's not about danger or fear. It's definitely not about avoiding conflict... when you take a postion like mine conflict finds you.

It's about Loyalty. I'll leave it there at that.

Edited by geode

demondan....Actually I was referring to this comment....."carebears don't know how to socially interact so they don't like epic or chaos."  So presumptuous, insulting, and provokes "carebears" to respond.

There are social and non-social people in pvp and pve and even in church. lol.  Being one or the other doesn't pigeonhole anyone neatly into any one stereotype.  Was just pointing out that there are tons of social people on pve.  :)

Oh yeah :) there are wonderful people in both pve and pvp. I spent mostly a year or more on pve and most are wonderful and very very helpful. The majority at least in my kingdom are pvers and thy also are wonderful people such as yourself ! Sometimes I get a little tick when pvpers are named to be bad people when majority don't do what people say they do, cuz well, they are pvers lol

• Like 1

and my forum stalker is back !!! Yay !  I missed you soooo much!

I'll stalk you too.

I played Epic for a year or so and it was the community I joined that kept me in it mostly.  There were good people there, which I did not expect.  Keeping an large active community feeds itself with more players.  That seems to be the case for EVE from what I have noticed.  However, getting to that point always seemed to elude us, and towards the end for me, I was playing by myself and the people that did hang around were difficult to play with.  With no community for protection, you are a sitting duck and it just became non-fun.

My 2 cents, I would like an Epic cluster style of Wurm where the home servers are PVE and a central PVP server like now exists.  No other servers available.  Joining Wurm requires you to pick a kingdom to live in, which you could change like now.  The PVE home server could "ship" resources to the wild settlements to help win territories (watch towers, whatever..)  When one of these territories is taken, that kingdom sends a challenge to one of the other home servers (dragon, herd of champion trolls, etc)  The PVE players would have to deal with the challenge as a group, and hence have a chance to be penalized for not supplying wild settlements with supplies.  The PVE players have purpose and challenges to overcome.  The PVP players then could concentrate on strategy, combat, etc.  And to add a level of complexity, keep the deity spawns, influence, Valrei map, etc. and maybe enhance their influence on players.

One idea anyway to bring everyone together...

Oh man you're going to love this. See, years ago Wurm consisted of 3 servers: 2 PVE Home servers and a Wild server with 3 factions (one of them did not get a home for lore reasons). And ideas like what you're proposing were actually floating around back then and a lot of people thought they were pretty cool.

What actually happened is Rolf allowed PVP players to raid the PVE servers. It was a nightmare and nearly killed the game. Rolf had to open a brand new server cluster (Freedom) and send PVE players over there. After that the Home servers got shut down.

So years before you ever started playing the game, we almost had exactly what you are proposing now. And you know what? I would have liked the idea back then and I still think it's pretty viable today. I would play something like the old Wild + Home servers again (so long as we didn't have to go through the PVP raids again...), especially if the Home players could do things to help the PVP players.

Also the JK Home map was one of the best the game has ever seen. Just saying.

• Like 1

...especially if the Home players could do things to help the PVP players.

With all the time-consuming things there already are to do just to maintain your own objectives, what is it that makes PvP players think that someone playing PvE would have any interest whatsoever in being a servant to people playing a form of game play they have absolutely no interest in? I mean, put the shoe on the other foot. I need some lamps imped - how about I think you should take some time to just come on over and imp them up for me. Because that's how I want to play, with bright lights. And my armour's taken some damage - come on over and repair and imp it back up. After all, you probably have that skill up high from all the combat. Do you see how wacky this sounds? Or are all of you just busting chops and saying silly shite to stir the pot?

• Like 1

I think the decision to provide stuff to the settlements would be a player decision, much like missions are now.  There is no guarantee even if you did stuff for "the cause" that it would equate to a kingdom territory win.  If there are some that have plenty to do already and like to play that way, then obviously you should stick with that.  I still believe that many leave because they cannot find a goal to pursue once the initial "I need a house" and "I want to kill a spider" goals have been fullfilled, and this setup would give them that option.  No game is fun if you don't have the choice on how you play it.. 

Deeding your lands my help decrease your "upkeep" if that is becoming too much.  It will prevent your walls, buildings, etc from decaying.

Oh man you're going to love this. See, years ago Wurm consisted of 3 servers: 2 PVE Home servers and a Wild server with 3 factions (one of them did not get a home for lore reasons). And ideas like what you're proposing were actually floating around back then and a lot of people thought they were pretty cool.

What actually happened is Rolf allowed PVP players to raid the PVE servers. It was a nightmare and nearly killed the game. Rolf had to open a brand new server cluster (Freedom) and send PVE players over there. After that the Home servers got shut down.

So years before you ever started playing the game, we almost had exactly what you are proposing now. And you know what? I would have liked the idea back then and I still think it's pretty viable today. I would play something like the old Wild + Home servers again (so long as we didn't have to go through the PVP raids again...), especially if the Home players could do things to help the PVP players.

Also the JK Home map was one of the best the game has ever seen. Just saying.

This is perfect..

Too many damn servers now. Too many damn islands with too little people. 

This is perfect..

Too many damn servers now. Too many damn islands with too little people.

Yeah

No

Everyone and their uncle screamed, begged, clamored for Moar servers... And no for anlong time it was only 1 pve 1 pvp server

Deeding your lands my help decrease your "upkeep" if that is becoming too much.  It will prevent your walls, buildings, etc from decaying.

I do have deeds, but stuff still decays on them. I also like to light highways.