Sign in to follow this  
Schick

I am going to play the heck out of WU.

I loved WO, but found it costly in money and time. With a mortgage, kid, and all that other stuff, it was actually too expensive for me. I know that it is likely not an issue for most, but it was hard to justify to my wife. Also, WO required a fair amount of time online, and it was tough with a family.

I hope that WU allows me to play at my leisure when ever I want. I don't know if I will just play alone(Ack!!) or try to get a tiny server going. Too soon to tell without specs and server requirements, etc.

I truly love Wurm, and WU may be the only way I can enjoy it again. Damn, I miss Wurm.

• Like 2

Running a small server is likely to cost as much as playing WO did (unless like me you and your wallet were easily seperated!), and take a lot of time to manage as well.

I've seen quite a few people interested in running servers, so might be best to try and join one of them if you don't feel like playing solo.

Solo or a couple of friends might be fun if they get some sort of AI 'players' working. Or rather, some AI working FOR you :D

Running a small server is likely to cost as much as playing WO did (unless like me you and your wallet were easily seperated!), and take a lot of time to manage as well.

I've seen quite a few people interested in running servers, so might be best to try and join one of them if you don't feel like playing solo.

Solo or a couple of friends might be fun if they get some sort of AI 'players' working. Or rather, some AI working FOR you :D

Maybe if you pay for a VPS..

Based on the numbers I'm seeing from CC as far as req's go, I should be able to host a server from home with no additional costs necessary to support 10-30 players.

• Like 3

Maybe if you pay for a VPS..

Based on the numbers I'm seeing from CC as far as req's go, I should be able to host a server from home with no additional costs necessary to support 10-30 players.

Yea im thinking the same thing. only cost would be the extra electricity having my "server" pc running. Which will not come close to the cost of the subs(i had 4), upkeep on deeds(3 of those), and so on... 

I've actually been really excited and impatient to see how this turns out since it was announced.

My problem is a lack of time to make it worth the money of maintaining a deed and premium account, not to mention being able to keep up in general on maintenance and skilling up.

If I can play an offline single player mode tweaked to be a little less time-consuming, I would happily pay $50 for that and then additional fees for any significant content additions. I never really got into Wurm for the social/online aspect, but rather for the individual survival/building/relaxation aspect. :)

• Like 2

With those current specs you can easily run server out of your home.. No need for a VPS or anything else unless you want to grow your community...