Sign in to follow this  
Outlaw

Wurm Online Chat Restrictions?

If a huge influx of players is expected by Code Club, I'd like to know whether there will be any sort of restrictions placed on Global and Help chat? With the current number of players, chat can move quite quickly at times making it difficult to keep up/read.

With an influx of players who come from other games, I can see a lot of players who will 'spam' the chats. Maybe not even on purpose, but rather people who either don't understand that Global chat is for everyone, that Help chat isn't for conversations or even just the sheer number of users using it at once.

Maybe a system like only being able to speak in Global once per 10 seconds or even restricting it to premium only. As for help chat, there is bound to be a large influx of newbies needing help. I'm not sure how it could be 'fixed' so as to avoid 'too much' chat at once. Questions usually need quite long, tailored responses and that makes it hard for only a few people to help potentially 20+ people at once.

it sure wont help that they combined all ca help chats into 2 big ones for all freedom servers,if this influx realy happens.

I think there is some kind of restriction for GL freedom I think. Not sure if it's only blocked for new toons on GV only or if its more than that.

Chat Mods shall be issued ban hammers and draconian law shall be enforced!

Oh the drama!

Chat Mods shall be issued ban hammers and draconian law shall be enforced!

Oh the drama!

Well it is needed, as sarcastic as you are trying to be. The trade channel is a good place to take example. Some 3 year olds have been having some good fun there, prime example for the ban hammer risk of your highly feared order.

I'd suggest it's a difficult one to call at this stage. We'll need to see what the impact is and adapt accordingly. 

• Like 1

Well it is needed, as sarcastic as you are trying to be. The trade channel is a good place to take example. Some 3 year olds have been having some good fun there, prime example for the ban hammer risk of your highly feared order.

Fear not for my sarcasm tends to be spiced with cynical appreciation for such needs.

Also it spices my popcorn along with players' tears.

• Like 1

I'd suggest it's a difficult one to call at this stage. We'll need to see what the impact is and adapt accordingly. 

Indeed, but having systems in place that you can just 'flip the switch' on at release would be nice :)

Is that suggestion for WU or WO?

You're talking of WO but in WU thread?

If you mean on WU the chat has nothing to do with WO

If you mean on WO well, we passed with success the Xanadu landrush, and anyway we have and we're hiring more staff in order to have more CMs to keep the chat moderated.

Is that suggestion for WU or WO?

You're talking of WO but in WU thread?

It's about WO but I placed it here because it has to do with the WU release.

I'm assuming that if WU has the influx of players Code Club thinks it will, Xanadu Land Rush will be tiny in comparison as it didn't have the public spotlight like WU being on Steam does.