Sign in to follow this  
Karrde

Converting Old Dragon Armor

A means of converting the older red scale sets to one of the newer scale types. Older drake sets to new drake too for that matter.

Don't even need to retain current enchantments; although, it would be nice.

• Like 1

-1, really see no need. This means that everyone will convert to the one that sells the best until there is a need for a new one. Too much stuff revolves around money anyway.

• Like 1

True

Though much of that can be countered by making it a onetime-only change, for the entire char regardless of how many sets.

Also its mainly an aesthetic difference afaik. Granted people do dish out crazy sums just for looks.

True

Though much of that can be countered by making it a onetime-only change, for the entire char regardless of how many sets.

Also its mainly an aesthetic difference afaik. Granted people do dish out crazy sums just for looks.

Well atm i can guarantee a blue drake set will cost a lot more then white. And there it goes bad.

with ability to change color with simple click, I'm pretty sure price of all and every color will be the same

I'm not asking for such feature, nor I'm against it ... I'm fine with my black drake set :P

+1 - the price difference will quickly go away once the colour is a matter of choice.  Maybe require a small amount of the colour you want to change to as an ingrediant in the change, so make it kinda like an imp.

+1 - the price difference will quickly go away once the colour is a matter of choice.  Maybe require a small amount of the colour you want to change to as an ingrediant in the change, so make it kinda like an imp.

if implemented it should be free and easy to use (like colour it with the dye), meaning that anyone can do it :) That way it wont change the prices.

if implemented it should be free and easy to use (like colour it with the dye), meaning that anyone can do it :) That way it wont change the prices.

Atm given basic economic principles, Indeed. Current prices are high due to both low supply and high demand (something new and shiny!). The OP would effectively increase the supply depending on how many people want certain colors, thus leading to lower prices.

That can easily be seen as a detriment to current sellers.

Related matter, +1 to visible dyed, worn clothing.

Edited by Karrde

+1.  I was actually just about to make this suggestion, when I saw yet another red set go up for sale.  My idea was this:

To convert a piece of scale from one color to another, you activate a piece of the new color hide, which must be at least 10% of the weight of the piece of armor, the click the armor piece to convert.  On conversion, all spells and QL are lost.  If you had more than 10% in your new color hide, you get the remainder left over.  This allows a large piece of hide to be useful for smaller armor pieces.

I hate seeing the former top dog armor getting kicked to the curb.  Having this in place would prevent the Red armor (or white) from losing more than 10% of it's value, just because of it's legacy color.

I feel that is why we have so many sets of scale for sale right now everyone wanting a new color so they are selling the red ones. Well that and the people on chaos that kill in smaller groups get a set per kill now so it wont take long to get new ones now. (if they drop roughly 6.4kg a kill like Hashirama posted) 

I think the new colors will be hard to get at first but i don't think we should do this deal either. I do feel the red will go down in price but at the same time the new colors will be more so it balances out i guess in the end. 

Edited by Kegan

I am not against it but i don't think he will do it either. 

you can combine 10kg of white drake with 0.005kg of black drake to get 10.005kg of black drake

If you can change the color of the hide that easily, is it really an issue to be able to change the color of armor?

Maybe can do it like mixing dyes.  Use some portion of weight of a hide to change the color; Use 0.01(?)kg black drake hide on white drake hide pants to turn it into black drake hide pants, etc

• Like 1

A sandbox is about freedom, the color of the armor shouldn't be a problem, it doesnt affect anything, and yes make it really, really easy that a caveman could do it, so nobody becomes the next millionaire in wurm.