Sign in to follow this  
FasterDoudle

Objects' Positions Not Updated Until a "Relog"

Observed once: player A is following player B at some distance (well outside of visual range) and B is driving a cart. Player A eventually comes across a "clone" of B sitting in mid-air in the cart-driver posture. The clone is interactive, in that the right-click menu will appear and some actions can be taken, e.g., trading, but others cannot. Player B perceives they are several kilometers as expected. Quitting the game and starting again corrects this.

Observed several times: attempting to lead a horse while standing near it's rendered position results in a "you are too far away" message. Moving along it's recent line of travel while repeating the attempt to lead will eventually work. If, instead, one quits and starts the game again, the horse will show up somewhere else (presumably at the spot where leading would have succeeded, though that's not verifiable by an end user of course.)

I just picked up on something similiar, and not sure if it's related.

I get back to the settlement. I leave cart and two horses at my workshop...

I walk on foot down the pens, plant a lamp...

Villager 2 logs in, she sees me cart in the pens. Asked me why I left it there...

I didn't... "yes you did?" ... I check, cart is not there from my client. She can see it, she can even Open it, and access the inventory.

@ staff : PLEASE confirm this as a bug and if there's a planned fix. This is a massive problem, and if she could access the contents on it, when it's actually elsewhere, I consider this serious.

Observed several times: attempting to lead a horse while standing near it's rendered position results in a "you are too far away" message. Moving along it's recent line of travel while repeating the attempt to lead will eventually work. If, instead, one quits and starts the game again, the horse will show up somewhere else (presumably at the spot where leading would have succeeded, though that's not verifiable by an end user of course.)

I can confirm this. It has recently happened to me as well. Rendered position of horse and factual position (the position the horse was shown at after a relog) disagreed by about 6 or 7 tiles.

I've added this thread to the bug already open for this issue.  Thanks for your details.