Sign in to follow this  
dustyogd

download problem windows 8.1

I saw this game and have been wanting to play. But when i go onto the website to click play i will see java orical on the screen for a second.  after that another menu pops up that says starting application below it says verifying application and below that it say location: http://www,wurmonline.com . can any one help with this i have updated to the newest version  of java.

Would it be possible for you to post a screenshot of the problem? I'm not understanding it very well.

Do you see any text files being generated on your desktop, did it make a shortcut for wurm online on your desktop?

Do you see any text files being generated on your desktop, did it make a shortcut for wurm online on your desktop?

i do not see any wurm online short cuts on my desktop 

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/GgzxVyDxP5tROHsQXVH0XGyAeFj5CNJG6-NFK7lGYMxZqM4YyA4D55x9yAMyPIPDvyTu9g=s170

idk if this will work but this will pop up for a few seconds and then go away

there are a couple of things you can try, the first one is u installing all versions if Java you currently have and making sure you download the right version for your computer, in most cases you will have a 64bit computer and you will need to install Java 64bit to play wurm properly. the other thing you can do is making sure your graphics card driver is fully up to date. if those things don't help you please post back. :)

there are a couple of things you can try, the first one is u installing all versions if Java you currently have and making sure you download the right version for your computer, in most cases you will have a 64bit computer and you will need to install Java 64bit to play wurm properly. the other thing you can do is making sure your graphics card driver is fully up to date. if those things don't help you please post back. :)

I looked to see if the drivers were fully updated and they are i just tryed uninstalling java and reinstalling. i still have no change in the results  :( sadly any other ideals?  

If you have ran out of any ideals. Its ok ill just wait and see what the steam Version like :/

It's hard to debug without any additional information. Are there any error messages?

Well the problem seems to be occurring even before installing Wurm, so not sure offhand how much this may help:

There's the java error logs, usually located in the folder Wurm was installed into, some file name like: hs_err_pid4296

There is also the console log for the client. File name is console.<character name>.log

This log is overwritten every time a player attempts to log that character in and the client launches.

It is also possible the Wurm client is being loaded on 32bit Java instead of 64bit Java, which results in crashes due to low memory being allocated.

Fortunately such is something other players have had to work around, and possible solutions can be found here:

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/82478-installing-java-recent-crashes-out-of-memory/page-2

It's hard to debug without any additional information. Are there any error messages?

no there is no error messages that pop up it just closes and that's it 

Well the problem seems to be occurring even before installing Wurm, so not sure offhand how much this may help:

There's the java error logs, usually located in the folder Wurm was installed into, some file name like: hs_err_pid4296

There is also the console log for the client. File name is console.<character name>.log

This log is overwritten every time a player attempts to log that character in and the client launches.

It is also possible the Wurm client is being loaded on 32bit Java instead of 64bit Java, which results in crashes due to low memory being allocated.

Fortunately such is something other players have had to work around, and possible solutions can be found here:

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/82478-installing-java-recent-crashes-out-of-memory/page-2

Thats the thing there is no wurm folder when i click play on the website it shows a box that says verfing applications with below it has the www.wurmonline.com

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRKSpQglT74&feature=youtu.be

Hears a video of my problem 

Please give more information about your computer, what CPU, what graphics card and Operating System you have. Also which version of graphics drivers, which java version you're using, more information may help to see what the problem is.

Please give more information about your computer, what CPU, what graphics card and Operating System you have. Also which version of graphics drivers, which java version you're using, more information may help to see what the problem is.

Processor: Intel® Core i7-360QM CPU @ 2.40GHz

Installed memory (RAM):  8.00GB

System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

• Like 1

Thats the thing there is no wurm folder when i click play on the website it shows a box that says verfing applications with below it has the www.wurmonline.com

Aye figured there would be no error logs available in this case; though, never hurts to check.

Were you able to see if the client was using 32bit Java versus 64bit?

Aye figured there would be no error logs available in this case; though, never hurts to check.

Were you able to see if the client was using 32bit Java versus 64bit?

Were can i see if its running 64 bit I have 64 bit installed on my computer i know that

Unexpected crash while launching login The error was: <no lwjgl in java.library.path>

It's possible you might figure out what's wrong from the log file below, but if you can't, post the full log on the wurm online forums, and someone else might be able to help you.

Contents of temporary launch log:

Time is Wed Sep 23 17:12:01 EDT 2015

Running client version 3.99

=== System information ===

Executing from C:\Users\USERNAME\Desktop\

Operating system: Windows 8.1 (arch: amd64, version: 6.3)

Java version: 1.8.0_60 (Oracle Corporation) <http://java.oracle.com/>

Jvm version: 25.60-b23 (Oracle Corporation) [Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM]

Available CPUs: 8

Sep 23, 2015 5:12:01 PM java.util.prefs.WindowsPreferences <init>

WARNING: Could not open/create prefs root node Software\JavaSoft\Prefs at root 0x80000002. Windows RegCreateKeyEx(...) returned error code 5.

>>> Main thread exiting.

Loading config default

====== CLIENT CRASH ======

Unexpected crash while launching login

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no lwjgl in java.library.path

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)

at org.lwjgl.Sys$1.run(Sys.java:73)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at org.lwjgl.Sys.doLoadLibrary(Sys.java:66)

at org.lwjgl.Sys.loadLibrary(Sys.java:95)

at org.lwjgl.Sys.<clinit>(Sys.java:112)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.<clinit>(Display.java:135)

at class.KALebd8JWC.<init>(SourceFile:47)

at class.KALebd8JWC.FZOk5L6Gfy(SourceFile:30)

at class.eu0bDYoN0J.FZOk5L6Gfy(SourceFile:1115)

at class.eu0bDYoN0J.FZOk5L6Gfy(SourceFile:87)

at class.eu0bDYoN0J.<init>(SourceFile:32)

at class.iiz9HTXKF0.<clinit>(SourceFile:77)

at class.aBjrbDg4ky.iHOS3zg1KL(SourceFile:2374)

at class.aBjrbDg4ky.FZOk5L6Gfy(SourceFile:1134)

at class.OYBqnaeGJB.<init>(SourceFile:110)

at class.mfffEfS92.run(SourceFile:985)

at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

i just reinstalled java and now im back to the same problem that i had like in the video that i posted

the log shows you are using 64 bit java so that's good.

I found a similar problem here http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/128426-unstable-recurring-crash-at-login/#entry1322186

This was fixed by opening the java icon from control panel and under general settings, temporary files - click delete files.

You haven't said what graphics card you have, I'm assuming it's a laptop so it may be an Intel GPU.

Try clearing the cache on the initial install:

Open up cmd

Type 'javaws -viewer'

Select the normal Wurm install, right click and hit delete.

Go back to the website and click Play to reinstall it.

+edit+

explora was faster^^

btw. just search the forums for similar problems. the error and resolving the problem was explained a few times

and this for staying on 64 bit:

If you do not need 32 bit java and only need 64 bit java, uninstall all current java you have on your system, and only install the 64 bit offline java installer found here

http://javadl.sun.co...BundleId=107944

and then use the unstable client:

http://www.wurmonline.com/client/wurmclient_unstable.jnlp

Edited by noermel