Sign in to follow this  
spellcast

Chaos Hunt, Thing... Sunday Sept 27th: 4:00PM UTC

Nice, glad someone actually reads and listens. 

In the future, hunts like this can actually work if really thought out much more. If you ever are in the mood to work on another please feel free to send me a PM i would be happy to share some ideas which would be fair and fun. 

1 Last thing, I know your added prize is set as a make up for the lack of goodies for the prizes. I would say that there should be more of a random prize given for hunts like this.

there is alas no way to make a random prize. We tried different prizes at the same level for a few hunts, and it was just complicated. I really wish some of you could see the tools i actually use to make these things, you would probably cry.

=P

• Like 3

Good job Spellcast, I think I speak for a lot of us when we say this is more like it :D

there is alas no way to make a random prize. We tried different prizes at the same level for a few hunts, and it was just complicated. I really wish some of you could see the tools i actually use to make these things, you would probably cry.

=P

If you had lets say 3 different reward options, can you make a random number generator and place a ticket in the bags 1 - 3 and whichever you loot you get the reward for that? Yes it would probably be a little bit more work involved but opens up another window.

we can offer DIFFERENT rewards, and I even randomize them so I don't know which one is which (which is a complicated process involving me having randomize the list of prize ID's in a third party program before I assign the rewards in the game)

Perhaps I should have tried that, but coming up with prizes is a challenge in and of itself and as I explained above I usually have to ask someone else to figure out prizes. My schedule is erratic as hell and sometimes there is miscommunication or a difference of opinion on values as evidenced by this thread.  =P  

You have to remember that I'm doing this in addition to a 40+hr work week, 2 kids, and my other duties as GM (which i have been slacking at horribly because of these things) which sometimes leaves choices like making all of the prizes the same attractive.

Additionally we did multiple prizes at the same level for a couple of hunts, and there was invariably complaints about "his prize is better than mine", so for the most part we have been trying to do a single 'type' of prize each month, adjusted for the type of chest chosen at the reward.  This hunt tossed some additional issues into the mix, the size of the server being one of them, which made a more typical hunt less than desirable. I had been tossing around trying this sort of hunt anyhow (i mentioned a scatterhunt several months ago in a post about these things) and decided to try it since the other factors were against the other format in many ways anyhow.

• Like 2

Regardless, it was a nice gesture no matter the reward.

Thanks for hosting spellcast!

• Like 1

Chaos is a big place.

Vague vague vague vague, by the vague generic common vague, on the non unique oddly worded vagueness.

happy hunting! good luck!

:P

• Like 1

Is the hunt still going on? Or those LS-s are for the clues that were found out yday?

Thanks for my shiny new sword :D

Has been an enjoyable day thanks Spellcast! 

• Like 1

I solved a clue! was happy about that. I wasn't the one that got the prize, but was still a great feeling to figure it out.

Hmm, I solved all the clues on the Cele hunt, and I was around the 5th place iirc, can I PM you and switch my subpar dredge signed by some random dude for a shinny rare sword too?

• Like 1

Hmm, I solved all the clues on the Cele hunt, and I was around the 5th place iirc, can I PM you and switch my subpar dredge signed by some random dude for a shinny rare sword too?

Grow a pair and come solve a clue for a reward.

Grow a pair and come solve a clue for a reward.

Nah, I'm trying ele time to time, no interest for chaos for the time being, too much Window of Opportunity and bug abusers on chaos for my taste.

Nah, I'm trying ele time to time, no interest for chaos for the time being, too much Window of Opportunity and bug abusers on chaos for my taste.

None of those on elevation thats for sure!

• Like 2

Pssst, they r mostly on epic now, thought I'd let you know ;)

• Like 1

Currently there are still 11 prizes still unclaimed. 4 of which i felt would have been located without a lot of trouble. (the last 4 on the list below)

The clues that still have unsolved points attached to them (and how many) are:

A block of stone touching the water at the end of a chain (1)

Magranon was here  (2)

Looking down from on high (4)

Near deepest shadow, inside an iMpressive span (1)

all alone on a pawns road, just another brick in the T (1)

non-jolly green giant. (1)

an iron bowl in a stone block above a stone valley (1)

I am not going to give out any additional clues to the locations at this time, but neither is there any need to set an end time to the hunt. Someone might stumble onto a location in the future or get bored and look at the list and decide they know where a location might be.  

Edit, had the number of spots still to be located swapped for the first two on the remaining list, (corrected now)

• Like 1

Just to Clarify, The only examination needed is the tile and not walls or structures or statues etc?

examine can be on anything, it might be a tile, it might be an object.  the action will always be examine however

as stated in the OP:

edit: examine will still be the method used to mark the clues. you will have to locate and examine the tile or object in question to solve the clues.

examine can be on anything, it might be a tile, it might be an object.  the action will always be examine however

as stated in the OP:

Thanks for the clarification, now i have to double back to all the spots i thought could be it lol.

that and me flying around finding interesting things/places/deeds.  Using the mapdump let me guide players to some spots but as mentioned in the OP, some are referencing landmarks and other stuff around the map. It's one of the main reasons I don't think the hunt format works well on PvP servers, the lack of a good, comprehensive, public map showing deeds and such. This hunt relied far more on players having local specific knowledge of the server.

It's possible that some of them won't be found, and there are some that will definitely give one group or another an advantage due to proximity to deeds and familiarity with purely local landmarks that don't show on the dump. I'm afraid there isn't a lot i can do about that, which is why I'm trying to generate as many clues as I can over the whole map to TRY to give more people a chance at finding something.