Sign in to follow this  
spellcast

Chaos Hunt, Thing... Sunday Sept 27th: 4:00PM UTC

Fun to do, thanks for organizing. but like others said, risk wasn't worth the reward. Especially if you compare it to the HOTA rewards.

Edited by ThisIsRaffeh
  • Like 1

[10:37:36] Alphawolfen slain by Pedro Wulfgar Tulemees Christa Embolism Nadroj Rosie Red 

Thanks m8's for the fun

thanks for the butchering affinity *flex*

and i thought we were only going to be killing freedom players...

Edited by Naio

Fun to do, thanks for organizing. but like others said, risk wasn't worth the reward. Especially if you compare it to the HOTA rewards.

Or other treasure hunts done on smaller non-pvp servers.

Or other treasure hunts done on smaller non-pvp servers.

I think it has something to do with PVP players being the minority and unimportant part of the population of wurm.

• Like 1

I'm sorry you guys didn't feel the reward was worth it, There was no intentional slight to the server in the reward. As I don't play on chaos Enki and I discussed the reward and we chose what we thought to be a relatively appropriate reward since it was spread out over 25 locations after consulting with a couple of other GM's.

I think it has something to do with PVP players being the minority and unimportant part of the population of wurm.

Oh yeah! i forgot that we're worthless.

I'm sorry you guys didn't feel the reward was worth it, There was no intentional slight to the server in the reward. As I don't play on chaos Enki and I discussed the reward and we chose what we thought to be a relatively appropriate reward since it was spread out over 25 locations after consulting with a couple of other GM's.

• Like 8

I think i can speak for everyone on the server that we appreciate the effort put in. However I think we're all disappointed and/or insulted that it was such a poor reward for the hardest and most dangerous hunt yet.vSeryll lump just seems like you're mocking us as it is abundant on the server already. I mean the satchel wasnt even rare or made of a different material...

I feel as if i have been robbed of the enjoyment the other hunts have provided for the other freedom servers, and i have to say I'm rather disappointed. I really hope you do another hunt, the same thing with different locations/clues, but with actual prizes which are of the same quality of the last hunts. I.e something unique. Myself and the kingdom im in have hunted probably 5 or so of the clues, the rest I will not be bothering for because the Risk vs Reward simply isnt worth it.

Edited by Redd
  • Like 5

I honestly don't care about that, i was just hoping that i could see some Ambitious PVERs come to Chaos and get completely rekt. That's it, i promise.

You're seriously telling me that several GMs including ones that play on this server thought that giving people a couple rare lumps (which is basically the same as a normal lump) which they can butcher from valrei mobs anyway is somehow as good as ANY of the previous treasure hunts that were done on far smaller, easier to search servers?

People got spyglasses, compasses etc made of gold and we got....some lumps.

don't forget, Rolf considered these rare lumps to be the value of a whole towns worth of loot, pls deal with it.

#SpartaRefund

edit: those who are insulted are those who are ungreatful. I think that's what was said to us..

Edited by MetalDragon
  • Like 4

Thanks for the effort of thinking of clues, organising this etc Spellcast. Unfortunately it does seem the rewards were a little lame, which let down the event. The rewards should have been the same as the freedom servers. You were let down by this rewards discussion it seems, please don't be put off doing this again with appropriate rewards.

• Like 3

In comparison to the other treasure hunt events, this was a bit of a let down.  Had I not gotten a kill today, I would have been rather disappointed with the whole day.  Going with the same format as was on other servers so that people had to go into the lands of various kingdoms etc would at least have had more chance of leading to pvp.  I do appreciate the effort put in however, and hope that the decision to never do a treasure hunt on pvp servers again doesn't stick.

Also, sorry Alphawolfen.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qoaT_nsxQQ

• Like 2

You got a seryll lump and 1s, thats a lot better than 70ql 50 woa dredge. You should rejoice.

My largest issue is that I don't really participate in the whole rare/strange materiels/highQL stuff thing when I play.  I never have. I make my own stuff out of iron for the most part, imp it to 75, and then use it to just putter around my various, collapsing deeds. 

It makes it difficult for me to gauge relative prize values, so for the most part I let others decide the prizes.  I would tend to give out stuff that is far too valuable to be honest.

I am going to see if i can remedy this somehow, but i need to discuss it with Enki first, and before i can do that i have to catch him.

Meanwhile, i have to go help my wife tear down her craft booth, so it will probably be quite a few hours before i can do anything else to even look at this situation. If I do manage to adjust the remaining prizes, i won't forget about those of you who already got prizes either.

• Like 1

Understandable.  We were chatting about it in our mumble and it was said that you likely didn't realise how it would be viewed on Chaos.  The nice thing about the other treasure hunts has been that it's contained items that you can't normally get. They have novelty value as well as some practical use.  

On chaos, we can get Seryll lumps from butchering Valrei mobs - the fact that it's rare means nothing as rarity doesn't really transfer on creation (unless you happen to get a regular rare roll).  Something like the gold compasses, or rare/supreme tools made of unusual materials etc, would have been well received I feel.

Anyway, as I said, we do appreciate the effort put in and do hope that this isn't a final thing.

a nodrop (on pvp death like spyglass) max ql compass would have been sicknasty funkalicious 

• Like 4

After I heard what was in them, I was imediately put off.

Thank you though Spellcast, we've all been looking forward to it, just a shame there was an anti climax.

Look forward to the next one :D

You're seriously telling me that several GMs including ones that play on this server thought that giving people a couple rare lumps (which is basically the same as a normal lump) which they can butcher from valrei mobs anyway is somehow as good as ANY of the previous treasure hunts that were done on far smaller, easier to search servers?

People got spyglasses, compasses etc made of gold and we got....some lumps.

I believe he was telling you was it was Enki, himself and "a couple of other GM's", not several GM's including Chaos GM's. In fact no one but yourself is specifically mentioning Chaos GM's for some obscure reason. If I was a conspiracy nut I might ask if a Chaos GM's had been discussing this treasure hunt with non staff members before it even started... But as it is, well someone pass the popcorn, it's fun to watch you guys cry about things that don't actually matter to anyone but you...

By the looks of it, having the same reward at many different locations was an attempt to allow people to get the prize without needing to fight for it. However this completely negates the nature of Chaos.

Personally I don't see why it wasn't laid out the same as other treasure hunts on Freedom, but with the main difference being that if you wanted to get clues you had to fight for them. That is, after all, why people live on a PvP server - to fight for what they want. 

The clues would be scattered around the map - as they are on Freedom, but perhaps not on deeds (unless you want the treasure hunt to turn into a raid), leading to the grand prize. If you want the clues (and the prizes), you either have to hope to be the first one there (or last) or be prepared to fight to gain it. That would make the risk worth the reward.

I appreciate the effort put into conducting the treasure hunt today, but as someone who ran around the server with others geared expecting PvP and finding not only that the prizes were somewhat disappointing but also that only one person got the prize from the location anyway, the risk was not worth the reward. I hope there is another treasure hunt, but one that appreciates Chaos for the PvP server it is and doesn't try to create a scenario where it can be completely avoided (or at least nearly... sorry Alphawolfen :P ).

lol tiu, given how far behind i was on creating this hunt, i think i can safely say that no-one discussed anything with non-staff members.

The scattered and disconnected prizes was more to avoid players having to travel for the better part of 10 hours to cover the whole server to do a more normal hunt. cutting off a specific part of the server for the hunt to reduce travel would have blocked out an entire kingdom somewhere.

Having them all be the same was because there was no good way for me to balance the difficulty of getting to them effectively compared to how hard each one would be to get.  There are actually very few places on that map that are relatively neutral ground, most are dominated by one kingdom or another.

I am home for just a moment to drop off the first load of stuff from the craft show, heading back for the rest.  I'll be back later.

• Like 3

OK..........

Never say that at the very least I don't listen, and I am willing to accept that the reward was a bit on the low side for the effort involved.

As a result, after speaking to enki I have added an additional prize to all of the remaining clues.

Anyone who solved a clue (7 were completed), I REALLY hope you held on to that 99QL satchel with my name on it as creator, because you will need it to get the additional prize. To claim the additional prize, send me a FORUM PM. I will have to arrange to meet up with you in game, you will trade me that satchel. Once i verify that it is indeed one of the ones from the hunt (i have a method to do so) I will trade you back the upgraded prize.  

Anyone who has multiple satchels, make sure to let me know in the forum PM so i can make the transfer a bit smoother. 

For those who are interested, the added prize is an 80QL longsword, rare, and made of adamantine. Hopefully that's enough to at least get some interest.  If not, I apologize but its definitely the limit. 

I changed nothing else about the hunt, so the remaining locations and clues are the same.

• Like 4

25 Rare Ada longswords... That seems a bit extreme... Makes me wish I went out myself instead of telling Rasu to go collect the reward :P

• Like 1