Sign in to follow this  
Tich

New Permissions (Part 9) - Item permissions

This is the ninth in the series and is to do with permissions for items and Beds.

As all these are based on the same 'theme' this should be similar to gates etc.

Item Permissions

Currently

None.

Proposed

This will only be available by r-clicking on a locked item.

Permissions are player oriented but also can include groups "Citizen", "Allies" or "Everyone"

Available permissions on each item (per person/group) are..

• "Manage Permissions" controls the ability to change permissions on that vehicle.
  • "May Open" Allows you to add/remove items from the container.
  • "Deny All"

There is no "Settlement may manage" flag

Can rename or manage permissions for a item by r-clicking if have the appropriate permission.

Management of Items

You will be able to add

• players by name,
  • players from trusted friends list
  • players from friends list
  • players from your deed citizens (if you are a citizen)
  • a Citizens group (e.g. all citizens would have the permissions).
  • "Everyone"

You will also be able to change permissions for any of the above.

Bed Permissions

Available permissions for beds (per person/group) are..

• "Manage Permissions" controls the ability to change permissions on that vehicle.
  • "May Use Bed" Allows you to use the bed.
  • "Free Sleep" needs the May Use Bed permission
  • "Deny All"

There is no "Settlement may manage" flag

Management of Items

You will be able to add

• players by name,
  • players from trusted friends list
  • players from friends list
  • players from your deed citizens (if you are a citizen)
  • a Citizens group (e.g. all citizens would have the permissions).
  • "Everyone"

You will also be able to change permissions for any of the above.

Tich

Please do comment.

• Like 2

Hrm unsure if I like allowing people to have locked chests available to others, without using key copies.

Was always on the fence with similar behavior with locked gates on allied deeds. Sure its very convenient.

EDIT: Despite that little bit of finicky, its looking good.

EDIT EDIT: Oh yeah almost forgot, plz make sure the permissions allow for Inns to operate with greater ease than the current setup.

Edited by Karrde
  • Like 1

Hrm unsure if I like allowing people to have locked chests available to others, without using key copies.

locked chest available to others by name is much, much better than by keys ... your "friend" can easily pass key to enemy (untrustworthy person) or lost key in wilderness, but your "Friend" can't pass his name to enemy or even lost his name somewhere :P

• Like 3

locked chest available to others by name is much, much better than by keys ... your "friend" can easily pass key to enemy (untrustworthy person) or lost key in wilderness, but your "Friend" can't pass his name to enemy or even lost his name somewhere :P

That's exactly my concern. Having such permissions completely bypasses the risk.

That's exactly my concern. Having such permissions completely bypasses the risk.

Most people don't want the risk.

Sure, if you want to split the game code and make it so PvP servers need the key...but on PvE, people will rage when their 'friend' gives the key away and then they get stolen from.

• Like 1

Excellent news, thanks. I understand the chest concerns, but keys are not working out too well in Wurm (for me anyway).

This sounds good. I am hanging on to a horse's hair for this stuff to come out, going to be awesome.

We'll be able to set permissions on woodscraps?

Edited by Zabaq

This will only be available by r-clicking on a locked item.

if you find a way to lock a woodscrap, yes, you can set permissions on it.

• Like 1

Can we have options for locking other items then? I'd love to open my smithy to new villagers but currently you cannot lock coffins or forges and there are NO other options for storage that have anywhere near the capacity unless you want to park large carts or wagons everywhere, which for immersion and general looks is terrible.

Can we have options for locking other items then? I'd love to open my smithy to new villagers but currently you cannot lock coffins or forges and there are NO other options for storage that have anywhere near the capacity unless you want to park large carts or wagons everywhere, which for immersion and general looks is terrible.

Only real way would be to have a public and your private smithy be seperate ;s

Only real way would be to have a public and your private smithy be seperate ;s

And that's my problem, I cannot change the permissions suitably to allow this to happen which I'd love to be able to do and I thought the whole point of reworking the permissions system.

i liked it but some lockable - eg not for public should have key to it - for example only temporay access like 10 minute access so key is ideal for locked items

I like just how individualized these item permissions are, it would let you open up a workshop to the public, allowing access to only certain materials and tools.

Can crates, BSB, and FSB be locked somehow? Like especially for newbies being given some space to live?

Tich, Its nice your activity on permitions, but seems many new permitions are not advisable. Try to think how to lead each permition. Nice to see keep our items safe, but dont do trezor from deed, it get many troubles on pve. For eg: droping and picking items on open area of deed. Naturaly this dont need any permition, if deed owner is so lazy and want to keep items safe, so can bring it in house. On several objects, which are connected to land like lapms is reasonable, but not for all. Now i cant meditate on deed, troubles with shipping. Deed owner can be so lazy and dont need build any house, simply put privilegy and house is useless for him.

Edited by ftoz