Sign in to follow this  
McGarnicle

Wurm Unlimited? - Factional Fight Plays Wurm Online

A surprise announcement by Rolf has the Wurm online community on edge as the future of Wurm Online is uncertain. Will the Steam release of Wurm Unlimited affect the game we love so much in a positive or negative way? Will we see Wurm Online grow to be the game we always hoped it would? The brothers are all riled up and ready to discuss what they think of this turn of events!

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sKMUjFEKCg

• Like 10

Same emotions and feelings here. Have to agree. Good episode.

And damn, this put me in a digging mood....

PS: good point about the negative/toxic folks going out of their way to scream doom and discourage new players (and those of us who are staying here). It's not only in bad form, but it's also indicative of a major disrespect for everyone (if I can't have my way, neither can you mentality).

Edited by Marlon

Great show guys, thanks !

Nice and upbeat from all the doom and gloom lately.

Both Valiance and Kaylie will be staying with you guys on Wurm Online too :)

See you later in game.

It was good to hear your comments reflecting the positive possibilities for the game that myself and others have already made on the release of Wurm Unlimited. The forums are full of them and it just depends upon the players focus as to whether their attention is drawn there or into the negative direction.

On one point I absolutely agree with you, that the game will definitely be better off when these resentful players full of negativity will depart. The perfect excuse to blame it on Rolf has presented itself, so now is the best time to fade out into obscurity. Although they may be proven wrong later that is of little concern as they will not be around to see the results or disrupt things further.

Also this statement of WU being a "cash grab" always makes me shake my head in bewilderment. Of course the game needs to make money to continue and as this will contribute to that all the better since the game is not set up as a charity to fill others pockets with spending money.

All in all a good episode that focuses upon the positive benefits to come as Wurm Unlimited is released and how that income will be used to continue to improve the game of Wurm Online which brings us all together under these lands and forums.

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

Nicely said.. I agree with you too =)

Maybe unlimited will help with the development and be a bonus to wurm online.. lets wait and see =)

Edited by TailosDenmark

So these guys claim to play for the Economy or the ability to transfer in-game items characters or whatever into real life cash.  And for the Social aspect of wurm....  So from there perspective I can buy there arguement that WU likely is not for them....

I had a discussion with one of my mates about WU who brought up the opposite of what I predicted... The first thing that popped into my head was that Private Wurm servers could take subs from freedom, that the builders would prefer the ability to control there server more then the PvP types....  He said " Why wouldn't Private servers make for a great environment for the PvPers to create the PvP server of there dreams the Challenge Server meets Epic, all for free without a subscription....  And honestly after he said that I was like wow I didn't think of that but damn, you could make some pretty nice private PvP private servers...

So Now I can see reasons for not just freedomers to leave but now for epic to leave aswell....  

I don't see myself leaving for WU because I have put so much work into affliction, but what is keeping us from recreating Yggdrasil, Epic Booty, DSC or any other deed in our own private server?!?  If the right influencial pvpers decide to jump ship and set up a private PvP cluster with skill gain between Epic and Challenge on a smaller map maybe I would decide to stop paying a sub and enjoying WU if my social group decided to migrate?!?  

There are alot of what if's 

And to be totally Negative or Positive about it is crazy!

I could see possibilities happening, but its easy to predict things...  Until it actually happens we don't really know!

I would say Less than 2000 actual people.  many people have 2-3-4-5-6+ guys....I don't see many with one player.

I have had 8 premium at one time.....

Edited by Uberknot

WU on your computer is not going to reset....and there will be many servers that are saved and backed up for ever as well on WU.

Many communities will move to their own personal server as well, because they don't really want the rest of the players wrecking the server.

I think WU has a lot more to offer for many more types of players then Wurm has atm.

For a one time price its a hell of a deal.

Edited by Uberknot