Sign in to follow this  
Cataclysm

I'm not the only one right?

Am I the only one who feels uncomfortable being in a room with the door open behind me? I'm referring to in game. Please return this topic back to town square.

Edited by Cataclysm
  • Like 2

Count me in as well.
Tbh I think its an etiquette to adjust the door as it was when you enter someone's room. If it was half open, I would adjust it like that, caus personally I find it annoying if someone enters the room and leaves the door open/changed from the position I had kept it :P

Edited by Hashirama
  • Like 2

I put mirrors on every wall so I can always see whats happening. Also boarded up the windows with tinfoil to keep out the voices.

• Like 2

I just play in the middle of the woods at night so there are no doors to worry me.

• Like 2

I put mirrors on every wall so I can always see whats happening. Also boarded up the windows with tinfoil to keep out the voices.

.. You have much to learn young grasshopper .. everyone knows you don't put mirrors on EVERY wall...

Any wall which is located abaft oneself must remain un-mirrored so as not to give away any strategical advantage to ones potential adversaries.

Also.. I just want to check -- When you boarded up your windows you put the shiny side of that tinfoil facing out, correct?  Because that is the only way it works to reflect voices/mind-control.  I'd also recommend fashioning a real tin-foil hat.. just to combat any stray rays that may make it through your walls/roof/flooring.

Can never be too safe

• Like 3

I just play in the middle of the woods at night so there are no doors to worry me.

Is that your gaming station? Just passed it few minutes ago when i walked to my vigvam.

_75589913_75589912.jpg

Edited by Zabaq
  • Like 6

That chair actually looks comfy.

Standard interior door (in the US) is a piece of crap, exterior doors are hardly an improvement, so tbh uncomfortable even with one closed.

Edited by Karrde

Living alone I find that one of the perks is never really needing to close any interior doors, so yea they are always open.

Now years ago when my mind was in a less stable condition (imagine that?) I lived on top of our large office and warehouse. Sometimes at night I would wake up, walk downstairs and close every door in the building. Then go back up the stair landing and make sure that door was locked securely. I could still hear the plants growing outside though but when they were watered sufficiently they would rarely wander around and their limbs were pretty weak to be able to turn the doorknobs anyway.

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes

Lol guys I was referring to in game. Mods got confused I guess so they moved it over here to wood scraps

Edited by Cataclysm

Lol guys I was referring to in game. Mods got confused I guess so they moved it over here to wood scraps

It happens; however, I'm heavily biased in that context.

Most doors are wooden , I propose to merge this thread with nothing but pine , if thats possible. It just makes so much sense

Five inches of oak with forged steel hinges.

Don't laugh. There's actually a privately-owned, public building in the area I grew up in with such doors. Amazingly well-balanced and installed, they open with barely a touch. At least fifty years old.

Edited by Karrde

Dunno why the psychological effect of having door behind oneself would be so different in immersion or in reality. Basically we are immersed in our reality, which would make both the same.

So I am not going to diminish the value of anxiety within the context of a game in which a mind can be immersed in.

Thus, I would say that the knowledge about human anxiety having ppl creep behind is valid for ingame immersion anxiety also.

So all comments talking about real office issues with doors behind your back is as valid as saying "yes, I had to put my working forge in the way I can see the doors while I am smithing".

Youre not the only one.

• Like 1

I'm still paranoid when I'm working in the "wide open" in wurm, that something like a unicorn or troll or spider or whatever could creep up behind me O.o even though the fighting skill is not really an issue. And honestly when the game lags and a door won't close behind me, I have to relog/go through it several times until it closes XD

hahahahaha!

Is that your gaming station? Just passed it few minutes ago when i walked to my vigvam.

I was wondering where my boots went.

Northern Xanadu here - you MUST lock all your external doors or you will be a troll food. Even more fun in extremely steep areas, I put safehouses +/- 30 tiles from each other to be able to escape in time in case of danger.