Sign in to follow this  
FasterDoudle

Having Fun and Doing Good While Leaving

Hey folks, at the moment, I’m enjoying a project in Wurm and will probably be playing for at least a few weeks or even months more. But, once the project is done I’ll stop playing Wurm and, this time, I don’t think I’ll be checking back.

So, what fun or good things can I do with my stuff when I do leave? And, while I’m building out this little deed of mine (and so accumulating more stuff to later dispose of), what things might I keep in mind?

For example: if this were EVE Online, I would be talking to the Angel Project and Operation Magic School Bus to find out what they need, not to mention PLEX for Good. As my last goal, I'd probably come up with a fun project to help them out. But here in Wurm, I’m not (yet) aware of any good and fun things a departing player can do to make the game better for others who are staying?

I know they have a Charity auction depending on what you have, can always hide pieces of gear and drop random notes on the server ...

• Like 1

I would look for people who have recently deeded and offer them some gear.

I would look for people who have recently deeded and offer them some gear.

I love it. Great idea. 

I don't want to start a debate because you're leaving in a constructive manner but I have to ask: any particular reason you're leaving?

Conect with 3 wide highway all xanadu spawns seems like great idea if you can form team

I know they have a Charity auction depending on what you have, can always hide pieces of gear and drop random notes on the server ...

^^^

I don't want to start a debate because you're leaving in a constructive manner but I have to ask: any particular reason you're leaving?

Short answer (you really don’t want the long one, trust me): recent years of development have addressed everything but the actual opportunities and player-experience problems of Wurm and Unlimited seems to signal a misunderstanding of the current marketplace and Wurm’s potential audience—and that’s a problem for a resource-constrained shop, not to mention a player hoping for a better game.
 If I were a stakeholder, I'd be saying to Code Club: "You folks are plenty smart and creative; you're just burnt out on Wurm. Nine years of failure is bloody enough; stop doing the same things and expecting different outcomes. Sell Wurm, take a vacation, wrap Markus’ house in bog roll, and start anew building something completely different." But, I'm not a stakeholder. I paid my monies, tooks my chances, and am having fun with Wurm right now. 

I know the fun will end once I've finished my current project in Wurm. So, I’m getting a plan together and looking for ideas to make departing fun for me and for those I meet along the way while leaving me with a pleasant memory of play.

• Like 1

Thanks @Kadore, @Mordraug, and @badgirl2009, I found this: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/127554-auctions-for-charity/

I'll keep the auction in mind. I also like the idea of leaving notes—perhaps puzzles or clues leading to the good stuff—though decay might be a problem there.

@Sila and @Clatius, I'm looking for ideas for fun things do specific to the circumstance of leaving, things one wouldn't or couldn't normally do if expecting to be playing for many months or years.

Edited by FasterDoudle

Leave chests in the wilderness for people to stumble across. Don't worry about the decay if no one finds them. And just drop some random and generally nice loot in them.