Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Scale pricing and drops

So now that we are seeing more scale pieces from the new dragons and the new drop system will we start seeing the price of scale sets start to drop?  I have seen a number of sets for sale in the last few days so i guess everyone must be thinking the same. 

I do not go to hunts but how many people have been going and are they all getting good amounts from it?

Prices have been slightly - obviously good rare sets are still worth 350-400e.

But normal sets used to sell for 330s now its like 300s.

I got .100kg from the last dragon on Deli.

not bad.  Just 90 more to make a set of scale.  Really, not bad at all, considering it used to me 450 red hunts to get a full set.

I thought people were getting like .25 amounts that was what someone had told me

thats combined.

the green dragon on release gave 0.028.

the more hide they drop the more people go, i havent seen a public dragon killing with less than 150 people in local since the change

I will just touch on this briefly here and reserve more in depth comments for a future post. The old money (silver) within Wurm is what has always propped up prices for game items to these exorbitant levels. This having been obtained and accumulated over the years from old dragon hunts/breeding, character sales, Trader draining, and enchanted item sales.

This silver obtained in game from these items contributes to a carefree spending of it (in contrast to those who bring their money into the game from outside earnings) which in turn inflates the prices of these items. Once this silver starts to be reduced through others selling it for euros or other currencies and removing it from the game, then more silver will actually have to be purchased for RL funds and brought into the game to replace it.

As these old players depart and new players enter WO through WU advertising and their experience there, these new players are much more unlikely to spend 300 euros or $330 US of their real life earnings for a set of dragon scale armor. A hard currency expenditure like this is almost too frivolous to comprehend, this being the reason why I have never nor ever will be purchasing dragon scale armor for the minimal return in comparison.

Even the lesser expenditure for drake armor when translated into real life currency I don't find to be worthwhile. So I think that as old silver is drained out and when new players enter into the game, prices for all items will fall gradually to much more reasonable levels, since for them this equals real life money which they will spend in a more sensible and conservative way within the game.

=Ayes=

I will just touch on this briefly here and reserve more in depth comments for a future post. The old money (silver) within Wurm is what has always propped up prices for game items to these exorbitant levels. This having been obtained and accumulated over the years from old dragon hunts/breeding, character sales, Trader draining, and enchanted item sales.

This silver obtained in game from these items contributes to a carefree spending of it (in contrast to those who bring their money into the game from outside earnings) which in turn inflates the prices of these items. Once this silver starts to be reduced through others selling it for euros or other currencies and removing it from the game, then more silver will actually have to be purchased for RL funds and brought into the game to replace it.

As these old players depart and new players enter WO through WU advertising and their experience there, these new players are much more unlikely to spend 300 euros or $330 US of their real life earnings for a set of dragon scale armor. A hard currency expenditure like this is almost too frivolous to comprehend, this being the reason why I have never nor ever will be purchasing dragon scale armor for the minimal return in comparison.

Even the lesser expenditure for drake armor when translated into real life currency I don't find to be worthwhile. So I think that as old silver is drained out and when new players enter into the game, prices for all items will fall gradually to much more reasonable levels, since for them this equals real life money which they will spend in a more sensible and conservative way within the game.

=Ayes=

you havent played many mmos have you

I thought people were getting like .25 amounts that was what someone had told me

that highly depends on the amount of people in local. Roughly 6.4 kg divided by amount of people in local. At chaos there were 35-40 or so players, thats why each one of them got 0.25 kg or so.

Once this silver starts to be reduced through others selling it for euros or other currencies and removing it from the game

errm, selling silver coins to other players DOESN'T remove the coins from the game at all.

...these new players are much more unlikely to spend 300 euros or $330 US of their real life earnings for a set of dragon scale armor.

People (that's individual players...) are spending thousands of dollars on (virtual) spaceships in Star Citizen (...the whole crowd which is waiting for the game to release are even spending millions and millions of dollars). Therefor this statement doesn't make much sense either

Edited by Galadhel