Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Today I heard WU mentioned

I was in another MMO, helping a friend.  Randomly, someone mentioned WO, saying how they could not get past the first 3 hours of play, but they thought they would try the new private server.  Then someone else spoke up saying they had heard about it and was going to try.  In the last 3 years, since I first heard of Wurm, this is the first time outside of Wurm I've heard mention of anything Wurm related.

Just wanted to pass it along.

• Like 14

They sent out the emails about it already i have gotten a few of them and i have  also seen some gaming sites listing the news so i guess it is making its way around. It will really pick up steam when it gets further up the list of the soon to be released thing on steam. I think it was on like the forth page when i looked last. 

Edit: With everyone buying it on the 21st it will likely hit the top sellers list too at first

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

That'll be our goal, I'll drop some money on the purchase to get it one buyer close to the front page. Anyone else?

WU will help WO with sales, its good for the game as players try out WU and want a more challenging game they will give WO a shot. Very simple, take my word on this. ;)

WU will help WO with sales, its good for the game as players try out WU and want a more challenging game they will give WO a shot. Very simple, take my word on this. ;)

I just hope we get a more sane subscription model than we have currently, else we'll lose quite a few of the players that would otherwise be interested in the more challenging WO servers; we need to have at least two characters covered by the monthly sub cost instead of just one.

• Like 1

I just hope we get a more sane subscription model than we have currently, else we'll lose quite a few of the players that would otherwise be interested in the more challenging WO servers; we need to have at least two characters covered by the monthly sub cost instead of just one.

If I think on this most games with multi toon accounts do allow you to have more than one toon but usually they only allow you to play one at a time. In those games if I played Wurm the way I do now I'd still have to buy several monthly subs which would have been more expensive than WO

Also

I would have purchased WU to support the team but its Windows only.

Have to admit I was impressed Plug in Digital could take a game I've been playing for over a decade and make it inaccessible to me.

Have to admit I was impressed Plug in Digital could take a game I've been playing for over a decade and make it inaccessible to me.

WO is not going anywhere. It is not like you suddenly have less than before.

WO is not going anywhere. It is not like you suddenly have less than before.

Did I say that? Learn to Context......

WU is WO, same product and one of the reasons I started playing WO in the first place was back in 2003/4 it was one of maybe three MMO's which was first person and ran on Linux. Heck, Rolf's been running the servers on Debian kit for probably its entire existence.

So now WU is coming and whether I like it or not, its irrelevant to me. From my perspective the brand is going in reverse. I'm hoping that this is a case of Windows first, others later but I've been burnt in the past so for now WU is sidelined. I'll check again in six months, see if things have improved.

• Like 1

Did I say that? Learn to Context......

WU is WO, same product and one of the reasons I started playing WO in the first place was back in 2003/4 it was one of maybe three MMO's which was first person and ran on Linux. Heck, Rolf's been running the servers on Debian kit for probably its entire existence.

So now WU is coming and whether I like it or not, its irrelevant to me. From my perspective the brand is going in reverse. I'm hoping that this is a case of Windows first, others later but I've been burnt in the past so for now WU is sidelined. I'll check again in six months, see if things have improved.

Ewww one of the Linux players just popped out of their dark, musty server rooms. I'd say get away from my system; though, it probably has more issues...

Damn you Linux!