Sign in to follow this  
aamanus

Slaying Loot Roster spreadsheet

After attending a few slayings today, one thing that stuck out that irked some people was how long it took the people running the event to sort between who signed up and who actually attended.  Since everyone seems to be using Google spreadsheets to do this, I threw up a template that event arrangers can use to speed up the process, both for themselves and those attending.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HAIjFnpOTJ2KlBwXMm-jZH4ZdNooiz203_OWvOjJYgM/edit?usp=sharing

Just save a copy of this to your own docs.  Paste your two lists into the named colums on the 'Signups' sheet, and your final list will be displayed in the 'Final Loot Roster' sheet.  Do not edit the "Loot Roll" column, that just checks if those in the local list signed up or not.

• Like 2

This is basicly identical to what we use already.

When there is 120-200 people in local (most of them alts) and people attempting to sneak alts in there for a change at some extra loot it can take some time to sort through and verify names as well as the people signed up actually being there in the first place.

Best thing to do is be patient, it only takes 5-10 minutes and that is nothing compared to the time we took to find, secure and organize the event.

This is basicly identical to what we use already.

When there is 120-200 people in local (most of them alts) and people attempting to sneak alts in there for a change at some extra loot it can take some time to sort through and verify names as well as the people signed up actually being there in the first place.

Best thing to do is be patient, it only takes 5-10 minutes and that is nothing compared to the time we took to find, secure and organize the event.

I think part of this is referring to the Green slaying today, which was extended an hour over the initial "official" start time, then extended about 20 minutes again to sort out loot rolls and player positioning.

I think some people were getting annoyed because it had been almost an hour and a half after the supposed kick-off time, and the organizers were trying to fiddle with the loot roll before the kill. The loot roll stuff could have been handled after the death for those that wanted a chance at an extra prize.

110 slayers listed on bdew so that sounds like a clusterfuck to me. others may not have the experience dealing with it but we usually get it going smoothly (you know that, Asi)

Hehe, i was thinking last night i should make this.

I will just copy the document you have, thanks for making it. This is going to save me some manual effort.

I know Deathly, and personally I have no issue waiting as I usually just attend on alts so my general gameplay isn't affected by the wait.  I just figured streamlining the tedious part of manually confirming between the local/twitter lists and the signups would ease the stress on the organisers as much as the attendees.  Especially since having a couple of hundred people in local is a complete lag fest even with decent computers.

Take it or leave it though - I'm not forcing people to use it :P