Sign in to follow this  
Takinshi

The Journal of Shikaze Takin

I've decided since I've started up playing wurm again after a year's break that I might as well create a journal as a progress report, hopefully to promote a bit of role play but I don't expect that to happen, given the wurm community. The community on Deliverance has been infinitely more enjoyable than what they have on Epic, save a handful. I'm going to have 20 posts for different categories of content, as the entire first page will be my journal. I think that the style of forums causes severe clutter, so I wanted the display to be the front page and the trolls and meta-forumers' on the rest. By the time I've posted this, I'll have already had the content to fill almost all 20 sections. Doing so because I know someone will be arbitrarily upset and claim misuse of the forums on me if I have one post with content, 19 blank following. I will also have to do so fast before someone comments FIRST in the middle of my journal. I've had my fair share of flaming from the epic community forums. Tis the only thing they are good at.  

• Like 4

Tribute 

Mclovin, Teal, Weebie, Kailesimmons, Tuor, Rachael, Awardis, Dorean, Lorrainej, Cecci, Doctor Angus

Edited by Takinshi

I'm mega friendly but not the type that can be used. Don't take that as a [CHALLENGE ACCEPTED] as malicious intent is unwanted. If you are a genuinely good person and enjoy this kind of thing, feel free to visit! I especially give no fucks if you aren't good at the game. I love company and am generally too social for the GL community. I'm an intellectual type and I don't know anyone else that does more nerdy things than me. If you feel that you might pass me up, feel free to chatter with me in pm. I seek out my own kind. Lol. 

Alas, I digress. This kind of product is the self serving type as 'tis art that others can choose to enjoy or detest. For those that like creative endeavors, I hope you enjoy this.  

I don't know where I stumbled into, nor how I got here. The first thing I remember is standing in grass, staring at what looks like a door about 20 meters away with my vision severely blurry. I'm only able to remember hearing voices in my head that I can't quite recall. One had a fast, severe and oddly charming accent.. I faintly recall a feminine voice that was very rare. The sound of moving dirt comes to my mind as I try to remember.  

Before I fully come to my senses, I hear a voice behind me with the sound of a campfire. The voice sounded like a heavy grumble which I don't understand. I turn and look around with hazy vision and the campfire catches my eye. I don't see the figure that may have called out to me but I can see the wood of the campfire sliding down the incline that was behind me. It reached me faster than I expected, and I promptly learned that the grumble was the campfire and the campfire is a beast. I stagger backwards as the beast claws me very hard in the right thigh and harms it. I cry out in pain as it happens and my back makes contact with the door. I turn around pounding on the door screaming for help. The beast claws me very hard in my right foot and harms it as the door in front of me blasts open pushing me back, making me an easy target as an armored woman in a green tabard engages the beast. The beast bites me extremely hard in the right hand and hurts it as I stagger backwards on the ground. The woman strikes the beast hard in the left eye and hurts it as I slowly gain my bearings to escape. 

I did not travel for long before I suddenly am falling down a steep slope. I slide down hitting the dirt at the bottom and tumble into water. My hands desperately reach for something to grab onto. Everything is black and I can't see. I gasp inhaling water in attempt to reach the surface. My hands grab onto something like small underwater trees as I pull myself up. I spend quite a while coughing and blackout, half still in the water. 

I am woken up by a chittering noise and am frightfully cold. I rub my eyes and can see the daylight all around me. I look around to find the source of the noise and see a giant arachnid, five paces away from me raising its front two legs and lowering them over and over. The beast does not move forward as I freeze in place shivering. I must have stumbled near its den when I made it ashore last night. The beast continues to raise its legs and chitter at me, not breaking eyes contact. I gather the energy I have left and dive into the water swimming directly away. It's not long after when I reach shore on the other side. I draw myself up on the steep bank and sit down, leaning against it. The giant spider is still standing in the same place, motionless. Soon the creature skitters off up a very steep hill and disappears from my sight. I am unsure what it was doing but perhaps it saved my life from freezing to death. I would not expect this from a venerable huge spider.

I rest for awhile drying off and bathing in the sun, as I find a rucksack somewhat covered by dirt along the shore. I pick up the bag and brush the dirt off, finding that there is a bedroll attached to it. I don't know how to use a bedroll so I decided to leave it be. Inside the bag was a set of wooden tools and survival equipment to include a tent. This is the third phenomenon to happen to me. Perhaps they are all blessings of the Valrei watching over me, thus I shall not complain.

I hoist myself up and examine the scenery. I'm sitting along a bank of dirt that has an outcropping with trees on it before becoming a rocky surface. Across from my I see a cobblestone road leading from the

forest to the left, all the way across the right and leads upwards towards the hill, ending at an odd angle. I swim across this dark lake and approach the steep end of the cobblestone road, trying to understand why a road would be built clearly leading uphill and abruptly stopping, with no signs of continued intention. As I reach the end of the road, like magic the wall in front of me disappears leading into a dark cavern. The Valrei must be watching me.

Side Activity: Taki's Adventure Drinking Game

Mass produce alcohol in game. I mean mass... produce... Everyone that is to partake needs to have sake or wine irl. To start the game, everyone participating needs to have an empty hydration bar. You are only to drink alcohol to regain stamina. Each .2 kg you drink, tis an ounce of wine irl. Everyone participating is to adventure together to a determined point, ½ the map away from the start with a large cart full of alcohol. Expect to end up dead if you play this legitimately as clicking on things accurately while trashed is incredibly difficult.

I decided that I will use the cave as shelter while I try to make a secure one. I decided that since this bag was buried on the other side of the lake, perhaps other items will be as well. I walk around the trim of the lake getting my feet wet and reach the other side. I did not notice this before, but there is an overaged willow tree looming over the patch of grass along this slope. I never knew willow trees would look beautiful. As I scuffle around the grass finding berries and vegetables, I find cotton. Cotton...

While resting in the cave, I smelled something peculiar nearby. Upon further prospecting, I realized that I've been sleeping next to a vein of iron! This will be incredibly precious for replacing my wooden tools and being able to build a shelter. I spend hours, possibly days mining this iron, only occasionally taking a break for lake water. I proudly craft myself any tools that I think I will need over a campfire in the cave. This will make things much much easier... Upon trying out my tools, I find that I am learning how to use

a scythe incredibly quickly. I am slightly disappointed that I can't learn something more useful quickly, but something is better than nothing.

I have decided that I wish to build a small dock for the lake and a small shack nearby. (I made this out of dirt before I knew you could have incomplete bridges! >: ( Dammit!) I wish to use the dock to fish from. Perhaps if I dredge the waterbed I could make it ocean water. It's time for me to gather materials to do so, thus I equipped my scythe and began chopping down trees. At one point, it came to me. I heard a vision early on when my vision was cloudy.. The vision was telling me that executing a tree with a shovel is good for one's luck. The tree I was hacking down was close to falling, as I stop and back up. A good six paces away, I get a running start and slam into the tree with all of my might using the shovel. It made what sounded like three cracking noises and fell. I heard a slight tune in my head and was seeing stars afterwards. I hoped that I didn't break my shovel.

For some reason I feel horribly attracted to cherry wood. Everything I make has to be cherrywood or it just doesn't smell right. After I built my shelter I promptly build a cherry wood large cart dumping the whole of my possessions in it. Once my cart was built, I made myself a damn cherrywood chair. I haven't sat down on anything but dirt, grass, packed dirt and rocks since I can remember. You would be amazed at how great a 2.23QL cherrywood seat feels on your butt when you haven't been near civilization in weeks.

I think I have a problem... Ever since I made a large shop sign, I am never satisfied with it. I start writing on it, stop after 2 letters and refine the sign as much as I can. It's as though I'm never satisfied with it. I spend hours staring at the sign. I take a break from worshiping the sign to go gather water from the lake. While filling my jar, I feel suddenly inspired and have created holy water. I don't know if I can drink this.. I look in the jar and the liquid itself glows like it's magical. I never knew such a thing was possible. Awestruck, I resume obsessing over the sign.

My hands are covered in dirt as I work on making the small dock. I wipe the sweat from my brow and take a deep breath taking in the sunlight. I suddenly realize that I am uncomfortably hot and it couldn't be from the work and sun, like nearly scorching hot. I feel a sharp pain in my right foot as I hear the flaming beast lunge forward at me. It burns and I make a bad move, making me an easy target. I barely manage to evade the bite to my lower right as I dive into the lake. The beast is made of hellstone and fire, so it shouldn't be able to follow me. I swim backwards keeping my eye on the damned thing while I

leave a faint crimson trail behind in the water. I've escaped you this time.. and I have cotton to cover the foot wound. I still have not forgotten the severe bite wound in my right hand which has not moved up or down since it was received. I will have my revenge you damned beast...

I have decided that I wish to construct a small rowing boat for the lake. I spend hours, and days crafting the materials and setting them together when I realize I am missing something. I'm unsure what it is, but I cannot complete the boat without it. Agonizing over this, I decide a rope is what I am missing. I have scavenged a small amount of wemp fiber and crafted a cherry wood rope tool to create this rope and it comes to my attention that I don't know how to make a rope fit for a boat. Perhaps yes, a rope to lead animals, but not a boat. My efforts cease to continue.

Edited by Takinshi

I am finding that I am needing more bulk storage bins to separate the quality things that I find from the worse objects as I can no longer find the wood I use to improve other wood items. I spend quite some time putting the bulk storage bin together and stop before attaching the last plank. I search my pockets and it isn't there. I check my storage and they aren't there. I desperately check my chest and forge in loose hopes to find them. Alas, today is a sad day, as I have run out of cherry wood logs. I will have to make a long haul to recover from this setback...

I'm on my way back from my seven day cherry log run, as I hear someone waving at me from a distance. I wave back and introduce myself the best that I can in hopes that I have not troubled them in any way. She asks me where I'm at and she will come visit. I tell her that I'm near a peculiar named building next to a looming black tower. To my surprise, she says that she made that tower. I am not sure to be startled or impressed that this stranger built a powerful tower of darkness and demise, but I choose not to think about it. Eventually I can hear her footsteps in the distance as she runs down a steep cobblestone hill to greet me. This person is wearing the skin of a powerful creature and carrying a very intimidating large maul around. I'm a bit unsure if they have good intent or are going to kill me, but my concern is completely abolished as she gasps when she sees the wound on my right hand. She bandages my hand quickly and hands me an uncomfortably large pile of cotton, that I feel I should worship rather than waste attaching to my body. She tells me of the farm land she owns just up the hill following the cobblestone path taking not a turn at white pavement. A rather amazing individual as she appears to love all animals. We ready to part and she pauses a step up the hill, turning around and handing me a sheet of paper. I'm unsure what to think of this as I recognize the name on the sheet is the name of the stone building behind me. She smiles releasing her hand before I can return it and begins walking up the hill. She tells me that I may need it more than she does. I stand there awestruck looking at the writ, still unable to understand the name of the building. I crack the front door open and it is but a roofless wide hallway of a building with some large crates in the far corner and a shaken up damaged cart. I notice a small alter in the corner of the room where I promptly place the divine quality cotton in the alter as it deserves no better place and pray a good message to the kind person that aided me today. I decided to

name this the Workshop as I have a home on the other side of the hill, yet the looming tower offers indiscriminate protection from monsters. Far safer to work at than the lake at this time.

I travel across the hill heading to the lake shack as I hear a rrrrrrrooowwwww noise. I look down to notice I must have stepped on an Aged Wildcat's tail as it is angry with me. I attempt to give it what meat I have in my pockets but it continues to rake at my body with its sharp claws as it consumes my gift. I decide to give up as the last meat in my pockets is eaten and start to walk away. I accidentally kick the Aged wildcat lightly in the stomach and slap it when I walk away from the creature. I hope it does not hold a grudge against me for that.

Edited by Takinshi
  • Like 1

Whew~! Made it. I've got an error occured popup with a BLACK shadow around it due to the transparency of the other popups shadow. XD God damn the 25 second post thing. I probably should have done this at 1am when no-one is on to ###### me up rather than frantically hoping I make it before a forum troll fucks me over. Lol. Ah, well. Feel free to comment from here on, I'll likely be condensing the posts as I add to it. I've got about 20 more to type out before I am current. Hehe.

Edited by Takinshi

-munchmunchmunch- Dress-munch- like a pirate day -munch- and you get free donuts at -munch- krispykreme's. Taki ended up with 48 by the end of the night. Nyahaha.. I'mna get fat... but sacrifices must be made...

Edited by Takinshi

Well damn. Looks like I can probably only add relevancy tags to this at creation. Laaame. -_-