Sign in to follow this  
Baloo

Destroying Bridges

Hi,

It has taken me 5 hours so far to destroy 2 sections of a bridge I built just off deed, as an experiment, using a large maul, 82ql to start - can't use catapult as not enough room before an abandoned ship is in the way - and miss most of the time anyway with catapult and just waste shards that way.

I understand that it should be difficult to destroy bridges on pvp.  However, on pve, there needs to be a quicker way to do this.  Any ideas would be welcome, but I suggest that the destruction of bridges be made way easier on pve servers.

Thanks,

Ah did not read post. Apologies :)

Edited by Cenotaph

Imo they should be very hard to destroy otherwise some players will just run around taking them out for giggels.

• Like 1

I did the same thing on two bridges. I tested a wooden and a stone. I didn't even attempt to remove them after seeing less than 1 damage per bash.

The only real solution is to use towers for the supports. This also means constant repairs as the writs won't have the "if used, no decay" feature the bridge does. However, pop the writs and the bridge pops too. 

Catapult best way to go, and as for a waste of shards? You can mine quite a few shots in the time it takes to bash 1 damage. lol

Don't worry about the missing when using a catapult, once you get it zeroed in, and it says you 'missed a bridge' that is perfect, just keep cranking out the shots and soon you will land shots that take it out in a 5th of the time it would take you bashing it.

• Like 1