Sign in to follow this  
Baloo

Weird issue and help needed

Right here is the story:

A returning player, whom I will call 'P' bought a small deed from me, on condition he would sell it back to me if he left.  Well, P abandoned the game 157 days ago, with no explanation and his alt has not been seen for 72 days.

So a week or so ago, the deed disbanded and the buildings started to decay - Thursday night the worst dmg to P's house walls was 68.  However, yesterday we (my neighbours and I) discovered that the writ had been changed and the valuable items, i.e. Lady of the Lake hota statue and rare large anvil, had been taken.  Since the writ of the house was with P or P's alt, something very strange happened here.  Any explanations for this would be welcome....

Another problem I have is that P bought a deed on Exodus and made me co mayor, however he still had the deed papers and writs for some of the buildings.  He is obviously not coming back to the game but I am hampered in dealing with issues on the deed, without the papers.  Again, any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks, in advance.

Edited by Baloo

Well i think on the first thing is that once a house loses one wall to decay it is considered abandoned and you can take whatever. (i don't have a lot of experience in salvaging but i think this is the case but i could be wrong) 

All the walls are still there - not one is gone.  The worse damaged one is as follows:

[12:42:01] You see a wall.

[12:42:01] QL=21.282692, dam=75.08598

Maybe he did not leave the game but made an alt you do not know anything about but if the settings has changed then someone has the writ...idk

Edited by Kegan

This probably means some people had acces to the house. Got there name as checked on the writ and have acces to pick-up. Since otherwise there is no way they could take items out of an house.

We had an house behind a deed and my friend was added to the writ so he could destroy the house but also go in and take stuff out.

Hopefully this explains it.

So, if someone else was on the writ, why did they not take the valuable items out before now?  ie. only after the deed popped and the buildings started decaying.

if they were on the writ, but didn't have pickup rights on the deed, the'd have to wait for the deed to pop before the house would allow pickup.

If they are on the house writ, you can pick up even if you are not a member of the deed or allowed to pickup on the deed.

We could pickup inside the house (all walls intact) only after the writ was changed in the last 24 to 36 hours, not before, even tho the deed had popped.

It sounds to me like he added someone at some time in the past and they just waited and watched in case he came back. With the writ about to poof from a wall dropping, they entered and emptied it out assuming P was not going to return for his stuff. I have moved a friend's stuff out of their almost dead writ on a disbanded deed and stored it in my mine for them. They could simply be doing this not knowing they are actually your things on a rented out deed.

I am afraid i am a bit more suspicious about this, as we have had some other strange happenings around this valley before, so.... nvm, i guess i lost out there - just have to put it down to a bad experience all round.

Sorry, Baloo. Maybe the people will see this and ask you about the items you mentioned.

How do you know the writ was changed at all, or who was on the writ to begin with?

From my understanding, someone else had access to the building beforehand and looted it, that player probably didn't find out the deed disbanded the moment it happened, reason why he/she didn't check it out till later.

• Like 1

I have had an experience like this too, all ground floor walls only had 75ish damage and was able to pick stuff up,

• Like 1

@BigSteve - Glad - in some ways - to know that this is not a once off occurrence - maybe an intermittent bug ?

Also the building was on my perimeter and that the door had a lock, but was able to enter.

May be it has something to do with the kingdom has access setting of the write.