Sign in to follow this  
Burebista

Animal Transport crates that can be loaded on large ships please

[11:26:58] <Burebista> nah what we really need and is gonna have 99% aproval is animal crates that can be loaded on large ships to transport the non swimmers

[11:27:10] <Tinaskat> yea

[11:27:11] <Kushier> yes!

[11:27:17] <Burebista> even horses how annoying is to try to lead them after you mounted a big ship

[11:27:21] <Miccael> I'll buy that

[11:27:30] <Kushier> I'd +1 that

And maybe smaller ones that can be loaded in large carts for smaller stuff like chickens

L.E. Or maybe make just the non agressive animals be able to fit in those crates but capacity should be limited. Animal transport crate on a ship should be just like the rope on land. maximum of 4

Edited by Burebista
  • Like 6

Super +1! The other week, I bought a corbita and it's just so annoying that it is simply challenging to even lead my horse when mounted. On top of that, I can't even see my horse while sailing. I get a little bit paranoid If I they're still following me. Also, in some cases wherein perhaps, you just bought 5 speed horses and you lead them while sailing then suddenly your client crashed or you just had connection issues whereby you were not able to reconnect immediately, it is quite frustrating losing them horsies and you start searching the seas for them.

Or at least make it possible that horses can be hitched to boats and ships so we won't be so stressed out when unfortunate events such crashing and disconnecting occurs. :)

For non-swimmers, yea, an animal crate or i prefer to call it a "cage" would be very helpful! Probably make these special crates loadable in chubby looking ships like the corbita, cog and caravel.  :lol: It would be nice to see an enhanced livestock trading in Wurm.

+1 Big time for this. Even if it was like a super size crate, like the size of two large crates side by side, I would still use it. lol

Looks like good idea about crates as form to load. I am not really sure if any of the large ships should be able to do that, but why not...

I found some info regarding knarrs about transportation of animals in Wikipedia. They say that knarrs (or knerrir):

routinely crossed the North Atlantic carrying livestock such as sheep and horses, and stores to Norse settlements in Iceland, Greenland and Vinland as well as trading goods to trading posts in the British Isles, Continental Europe and possibly the Middle East.

There are doubts about newest design of knarr, that currently is more like longship, but it would be topic for another discussion. Down theres link to see how real knarr looked once ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knarr#/media/File:Modell_Knorr.jpg

• Like 1

As long as it keeps mechanics intact (animals cant survive 500 days in a crate without food and water), this could be cool, and an interesting challenge for development 

• Like 1

+1 for sure.  

And in favour of animals 'decaying' quickly inside them, so they can be used to transport for short periods of time, but not store animals indefinitely.

• Like 2

+1 for sure.  

And in favour of animals 'decaying' quickly inside them, so they can be used to transport for short periods of time, but not store animals indefinitely.

Like maybe, catching disease? Sounds good to me.

And there should be limit of 1 animal per crate, I think, so people would be able transport valuable animals, and valuable pets as 1st. let say large crate for large animals and small crate for small ones. Not sure about agressive animals though. Normally they are transportable, but maybe they should be tamed to load.

+1 if they can live on one for only 24 hours and no server crossing. otherwise -1

Load up a crate full of hell hounds and drop off at nearest neighbor. APRIL FOOLS (In September)

• Like 1

+1 so I could load my horses instead of having to relead them which allows them to run away before I have enough time

+1 I hate leaving my 5sp bison behind when I load up my wagon, then having to lead 4 horses around. one or two almost always get loose. In a gale that becomes a high-speed knarr vs. horse roping event that can get pretty darn frustrating.

Edited by Caroligan

+1 and please let us cross the server borders with animals on the ship. The limit of 4 would be silly here, ships like Cog and Caravel should have enough space to fit a herd, as it was with their historic prototypes.

Are we ever going to be able to move animals around?

Please add this, noaw. <3

+1 and please let us cross the server borders with animals on the ship. The limit of 4 would be silly here, ships like Cog and Caravel should have enough space to fit a herd, as it was with their historic prototypes.

A big problem with transporting them across servers.  They aren't items, they are a type of npc, and there are animal caps on each server.  Transporting them across servers would really mess up the code.

A big problem with transporting them across servers.  They aren't items, they are a type of npc, and there are animal caps on each server.  Transporting them across servers would really mess up the code.

Sounds like you're making this up. Can you provide a concrete example?

+3 Recently purchased 12) 5-speeds,

Lost 2 newborns due to not sticking above the waterline,

can't see them from anything but a rowboat!

I put saddles on the last 2 loads,

Lag dropped all 8 and had to call out Help to locate them.

My deed is mtn locked and no possibility of owning anything but a horse.

No spawns of anything else but bulls.

Animal crates would solve so many issues and open up an entire new market to Wurm! 

The usual reply from staff has always ( at least my 2,5 years) been what Vroomfondel said.