Sign in to follow this  
JDBooker

WU is a good thing.

Checking the server graphs, Wurm has has a remarkable increase in new players since the steam visibility.

Afkyq8F.png

Each spike is a new player, these are unique IPs ...my logins don't create a spike.

the graph seems to be off by a factor of 10 also, cos tonight there was 12 online , and the graph showed 1.2.

My personal opinion (and i'm not a statistician) is that steam users have seen Wurm, following the link to the website, and joining in an attempt to get an early advantage.

On my GV toon, i've seen a lot more noobs asking for help in freedom and CA Help.

Welcome to wurm, my new steamy friends :)

Edited by JDBooker
  • Like 6

OK but are they all waiting for Wurm Unlimited or are they going to be playing Wurm Online?

• Like 1

OK but are they all waiting for Wurm Unlimited or are they going to be playing Wurm Online?

probably both for some.

well if they're asking how to play, then entering the portal.. i figure they're playing.

some will stay, some will not ...but more footfall is more that will stay, pro rata, obv.

JD, does this graph also show that prior to the news we had no new ip's this week?

I find the graph clear and easy to read, and hope that your assumption that 1,0 really is 10 new ip's is correct!

yes, I've been on GV a lot for the past couple of weeks and mostly you just get player alts logging in and immediately leaving again to refresh the 90 day timeout on the alts.

these of course wont show on the graph.

also anyone that doesn't hang about for 5 mins may not be there when the graph software scans, so anyone who's been told to rush to the portal and visit friend on XYZ server will probably not be seen.

i agree, no logging tool is perfect, and graphs are open to speculation, but a sudden change at the same time as steam visibility is not coincidence.

(and i DID caveat that it was my personal opinion)

Here's another graph that says absolutely nothing:

chart_31.png

Seems to me this graph does say something. It says you're a sarcastic stirring malcontent.

whether WU is a good or bad thing, it's in every players interest to find the positives and find a way to help make it work.

unless you want it to fail. in which case don't waste your time. Go, leave, and find another game now.

• Like 2

lol, or its forum alts , or its fanbois manufacturing proof the new people are coming in, or even several birds were chirping a tune that sounded like a wurm online tune which subconsiously made people decide to make alts , absolutely no way to quantitatively assign causation.

Could be leprechauns too, who knows. lol, i hate these graphs, they mean whatever the poster or interpreter want them to mean.

Edited by sunsvortex

lol. forum alt alert

Who, who?

or even several birds were chirping a tune that sounded like a wurm online tune which subconsiously made people decide to make alts , absolutely no way to quantitatively assign causation.

Could be leprechauns too, who knows. lol, i hate these graphs, they mean whatever the poster or interpreter want them to mean.

Got to agree with you here on graph statistics used in an attempt to assess the Wurm population at all, much less to break it down further into smaller classifications like this.

Yea, the birdies chirping always do it for me, as prophetic emulations resound through the head clearing away any cognizant thought that would let reality intrude upon this reverie of the future slyly concealed to all interpretations but my own.

The Gnomes are a tricky lot too! So watch out for them when disruptions occur within the normal Wurm timelines. Yet of this I must not reveal more...

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

Well now I have been looking at that GV unique ip's graph all day and it is sure intresting!
Not to mention the many that asked for help  in the chats all day. :D

Edited by Cecci

I just popped into GV and saw 4 others online.  Usually never see more than 1-2. 

Actually the graph does have meaning it you know what you are looking at.

I didn't say I can't read it, I said it doesn't actually say anything.

It is useless.

It has no use.

It says nothing.

It serves no purpose.

It proves nothing.

It doesn't affect anything.

It doesn't improve anything.

It doesn't do anything.

Oh the life of a pointless graph that serves no meaning and shows nothing.

• Like 1

im trying to understand the graph but 4 days later the numbers seem different for 

the same days? and if you go to the page where the graphs are at it says 3 new ip in the last year.

and its september. to me that sounds impossible, or is it? so how do the graphs work?

op posted

Afkyq8F.png

3 or 4 days later

TWwVXT6.jpg

Max

Average

Current

count:

1 ip addresses

0 ip addresses

0 ip addresses

being the same weekly graph i would think they should look similar if not identical on the same days, with

the exception that the days have moved? so unless someone can help me out understanding

them, they do seem not too useful? also the numbers on the left dont seem to stand for tens,

instead its individual hits. 1 is 1 hit etc. why does the graph show fractions of a hit?

my only guess is that the graphs are time limited? the newer graphs like todays show everything,

and then 2 days later show less info to "clean it" so you can see clearly the individual hits, and then

a few days later even the info is lost, erased, or saved somewhere else? 

well some one that can explain how to read these graphs please? and i mean the link Cecci gave,

not just the weekly. 

right.got 2 new players on bl, very bad mouth, killed them instantly. never logged in back