Sign in to follow this  
Dreadder

Pottery Skillgain

I did some searching but couldn't really find any answer to my question. I simply wish to know how fast or slow the pottery skill is to raise. How long would you expect one to take to go from 1-50 without sleep bonus on this skill? If anyone who has reached 50 or higher in this skill could post how long it took them that would be great. Whats it like compared to other skills such as Ship Building and Fine Carpentry? If you could give a more detailed description than just "faster" or "slower" such as 2x as fast or 2x as slow that would also be greatly appreciated .

The only person I knew to get 50 pottery was Posteh. Maybe he reads the forums, if it's really that important to you I can contact him via msn.

I have 70 pottery myself

best way is ro improve pottery items with all coc equipment (spatula, shaper, water, and clay)

push for at leats 5 over your skill as that gains the most especially with sleep bonus

I could not tell you how long it took me to get to 50 cause i did alot of other things til i sat down and got 50.  I got 70 only cause i was actually getting sleep bonus and figure what the hey might as well get 70 for the pottery jars (compass)

I have 70 pottery myself

best way is ro improve pottery items with all coc equipment (spatula, shaper, water, and clay)

push for at leats 5 over your skill as that gains the most especially with sleep bonus

I could not tell you how long it took me to get to 50 cause i did alot of other things til i sat down and got 50.  I got 70 only cause i was actually getting sleep bonus and figure what the hey might as well get 70 for the pottery jars (compass)

faster than shib-building and masonry, slower than carpentry

tbh i basicly gained 2 a day at least til i reached 50 when i was at 30

1-1.5 a day to reach 70

but that is with CoC and SB as well as time at work (when i play at work its easier to craft lol)

I, too, have more than 50 Pottery. Unfortunately, I never measured how long it took me to get to a specific skill level, nor can I actually compare it to other skillgains.

But I can't recall it being too different from them.

People are saying Pottery is a pain in the butt to grind, but I guess that is mainly due to the fact that not much useful stuff comes from it, and it is therefore rather boring.

Honestly, I'd recommend you grind something more useful, because you don't want to end up as the guy in your village who can't really contribute, because in everything that matters someone else is the expert. (Also, I don't want competition. :-P)

I'm stuck with the pottery affinity. ;D get .5 per bowl. not including finshing.

I'm stuck with the pottery affinity. ;D get .5 per bowl. not including finshing.

I, too, have more than 50 Pottery.

*checks WoS*

Yeah, just a little more than 50...

Also over 50 pottery here, I would not consider it one of the harder skills to gain.  SB and High ql/High CoC tools makes it easier, and unlike smithing subs, the watering fails are not as annoyingly frequent.

Here is what you do:

*) Activate skill gain tab updates

*) Observe average gain

*) Do the math

(probably not accurate, but just an example)

ie. Gain of 0.011 every action; 100 actions for 1.0 increase in level; 36 second action timer * 100 actions = 3600 seconds so will take 1 hour per level; 1 to 50 takes 50 hours approximately -> NOT accurate, just an example of the method

everything else is just hearsay (like the above example)

2 weeks depending on how long you play for each day, it's really not that hard

It took me 3-4 weeks to get there, but I was doing other things aswel

It's amazing how many people have the potter title, everyone keeps that one a secret  ;)

Moulder here.

I see everyone's jumping on the bandwagon once FM and I made Pottery cool.

Usual rules apply:

* Rub as much CoC on your tools as possible

* Imp to a bit over your skill

* Aim for 50% success rates

I did Pottery first because no one else at Fort Mole was doing so, and I thought we should all have compasses.  So, I didn't know about the Rules of Efficiency at that stage (hell, we didn't even have beds...) so I can't really give you a feel for how it compares to the other skills in terms of Skillgain Speediness.

Hearsay is when you give evidence on something with which you had no direct experience.

which is what is happening here, because despite those people who have over 50 skill nobody appears to have direct experience measuring the skill gain. its all just vague details