Sign in to follow this  
BlGpapa

what the futur of wurm will be

with the release of wurm unlimited

I am wondering if Rolf have give up on wurm ?

the development of wurm will continue?

I read that but he only say that the server will remain not that the development will continue

he has a point.....but you should ask Rolf that in the topic where he is answering questions. It is a good question

• Like 1

The one thing that confuses me is that he's been working on wurm with like 500-1500 premium players paying 5 euro each for many years. Then theres this boost where it goes to 6000, and drops to 4500 paying 8 euro and suddenly that isn't enough anymore and that warrants throwing away your user base for a one-time cash deal.

Edited by Theshrike
  • Like 3

No one knows, all we can do is wait and see.

Some people hope the upcoming WU will improve WO either by infusing new players or at least will bring more money to CC to help with the future development of the game.

Some people just feel like this will kill Wurm and make all kind of apocalyptic assumptions. 

In the end only Rolf knows, maybe WU ends being a success, he make tons of money and use it to buy his own Bombardier Global 8000 and a fleet of 7 Lamborghini Veneno roadsters, to use one different each day of the week (and he have the damn right to do with his money whatever he think is good), or maybe he decide to buy a cheaper jet and one or two less Lambo's and use the leftovers to boost Wurm development.

Or we just crash and burn, but in the end the years we played WO will always stay in our memories as good times shared with some very good folks (and even the occasional troll/griefer).

• Like 2

I can easily foretell the future of Wurm but if I disclosed this information it would spoil the fun for everyone, so I just make cryptic remarks about it within which are clues disguised as nonsense. Then if anyone figures them out I will know they are delusional to believe such things and find it best to withhold all further information to preserve the remaining shreds of their sanity. Always the considerate one, am I.

Happy Trails (clue here)

=Ayes=

• Like 4

They're basically the same game, so the development of one will essentially be the development of the other. 

Edited by thekraken

They're basically the same game, so the development of one will essentially be the development of the other. 

This. Rolf has said as much himself.

I suspect all WU will do is earn wurm a negative review rating on steam. Maybe a few new subs and thats about it. I highly doubt the steam community will be very receptive to such a slow paced and buggy game.

Edited by Steeloxide

I suspect all WU will do is earn wurm a negative review rating on steam. Maybe a few new subs and thats about it. I highly doubt the steam community will be very receptive to such a slow paced and buggy game.

and in WU... you'll have the ability to remove the timers all together.  Sure, somethings will take several actions to accomplish... but people are already "Brain Trained" by Minecraft to know that some actions take multiple clicks, or holding down a button.

From an Epic Point of view, MEH...  Doesnt bother me any... not going to partake in all this silly private server crap or get worked up over it, just going to go about my daily routine in Epic....

However, if I were a Freedom Carebear I would be all kinds of worked up over this!!!

Now my land of creative genius which is the whole point of freedom as there is no PvP, just people building.... is obsolete, now the carebears can use Creative on there own server to build 5 years worth of stuff in a day!  

Hooray there grind is over they can now un-install wurm and go do something else.....

Sorry Rolf but I think you must have been under the influence of something!

I just hope the death of Freedom won't lead to the death of Epic but I would be a fool to not expect it....

From an Epic Point of view, MEH...  Doesnt bother me any... not going to partake in all this silly private server crap or get worked up over it, just going to go about my daily routine in Epic....

However, if I were a Freedom Carebear I would be all kinds of worked up over this!!!

Now my land of creative genius which is the whole point of freedom as there is no PvP, just people building.... is obsolete, now the carebears can use Creative on there own server to build 5 years worth of stuff in a day!  

Hooray there grind is over they can now un-install wurm and go do something else.....

Sorry Rolf but I think you must have been under the influence of something!

I just hope the death of Freedom won't lead to the death of Epic but I would be a fool to not expect it....

I don't mean to post-chase you, having just responded to your thread and everything. But I don't agree with your statement at all.

There's a bit more to a game than boosting your ego through slaying one another. Don't get me wrong, I love PVP. At the same time I can respect people with creative minds who put effort, even if it is minimal, towards creating amazing things. 

Not everybody here in the Freedom server are here because they're afraid of PVP, nor only to build. Freedom has a community base which most are here for including myself. I'm here to talk with friends and family, and the crafting & building is a nice side addition. 

Freedom is not dying. I'm sorry but I think your judgement is clouded by your negative opinion of people in Freedom.

Edited by Tehangel2

I will continue plodding along until the Wurm servers go dark. If all that is left is WU, I'll find something else to do.

I do appreciate that Rolf & Dev's are keeping the 2 separate. I see the WU as being a flash in the pan for the majority of gamers who appreciate a challenge in what they do as having the ability to run in "God Mode" (IDDQD, IDKFA ruined Doom for me) gets boring very quickly.

By keeping them apart I can still grind away as I have been.

On the other hand, it may have the Wurm Sandbox experienced by a larger potential market base and those that are looking for the challenge, will migrate to Wurm proper and learn just how gnarly the huge spiders can be when you are running about naked and afraid.

It will be interesting to watch how Wurm and WU evolve. Will they grow as one and create a symbiotic, mutually beneficial game environment? Or, will one leach the energy out of each other and send it to the round bin of gamers Hell? Maybe both?

Good luck, I'll just keep digging and building until the lights go out.

• Like 2

Your question was asked in that thread, And promptly avoided. Whichever puts out the most money will get their attention end of story. Just like a store figures out which product to keep by the sales.

I don't believe for one second that loyalty to the player base will influence his decisions at all. It's about the money, Always has been too.  That's why he has always gone after the quick cash grab with the endless new servers. Instead of spending the time to fix this game.

Our dilemma is that we know that new people aren't going to stay in WO, Because of the learning curve, The difficulty in leveling skills ect.  And if WU makes decent sales, Were history plain and simple.  And yet we would like to believe that our loyalty will be repaid.  When has it ever been in the past?

And the fact that rolf is so focused on quick money is why wurm online has never seen the success it could have and why he will probably make the same mistakses with WU.

I don't think notch made minecraft with 2.5 billion dollars in mind.

Sorry but i dont know why everyone thinks that all privat Server gonna be instant skill 100 Server.

With the admin GUI you can change so much, just for example you can make action timers nearly instant and make Wurm to nearly a action game like the forest or others (okey the fights will still suck) and change the skillgain that it will be still a challenge. So there will be not instant get everyting just the game will be more smooth and you will not just sit infront waiting for timers instead you will PLAY the game!

Sorry but i dont know why everyone thinks that all privat Server gonna be instant skill 100 Server.

With the admin GUI you can change so much, just for example you can make action timers nearly instant and make Wurm to nearly a action game like the forest or others (okey the fights will still suck) and change the skillgain that it will be still a challenge. So there will be not instant get everyting just the game will be more smooth and you will not just sit infront waiting for timers instead you will PLAY the game!

So button mashing like clicker heroes.

I like button mashing more than using 20 alts or watching a movie just to get rid of "playtime" oh and just for you whiny shrike,stay at wo and cry your heart out everywhere but im gonna have so much fun at Wu and i dont care how do you want to negate every positiv thing about Wu.

• Like 1

I like button mashing more than using 20 alts or watching a movie just to get rid of "playtime" oh and just for you whiny shrike,stay at wo and cry your heart out everywhere but im gonna have so much fun at Wu and i dont care how do you want to negate every positiv thing about Wu.

If you didnt care, why would you even mention him?