Sign in to follow this  
bobbarkeralt

Congratulations

As a long time veteran, I have stood by since the very very beginning. While a lot of flack is being slung your way Rolf you have stuck with it. I hope this decision brings the world we love to a new generation of gamers, and amasses you a fortune for your future retirement.

Your friend,

Bobbarker

• Like 6

p sure killing the game isnt something to congratulate him on, but okay

A breath of new life will not kill the game. With new exposure more players will join. Some may come for the experiment of insta build/skill, but I have faith they will join WO in the long rub for the hardcore elements. I have been around since 2003. I have seen the servers explode with goons and 4chan kids. I have seen map wipes leave the game with just enough people for 1 village. If WO does go offline and WU brings him fortunes, then good. The game has had a long memorable run and outlived most mmos.

• Like 3

WU will be a fail just like LiF and RoK, and will lower everyones opinion of WO even more

As a long time veteran, I have stood by since the very very beginning. While a lot of flack is being slung your way Rolf you have stuck with it. I hope this decision brings the world we love to a new generation of gamers, and amasses you a fortune for your future retirement.

Your friend,

Bobbarker

Right! says aye to the Barking man. Sold to the most accurate estimator!

=Ayes=

WU will be a fail just like LiF and RoK, and will lower everyones opinion of WO even more

So your saying WO fails anyways. Mk

• Like 1

So your saying WO fails anyways. Mk

It does. If that wasn't evident idk what is. Rolf wouldnt even need WU if it wasnt failing

Edited by Josh

Josh    Member Since 22 Aug 2015

k

good thing ive been here since 2006, called changing forum accounts

Edited by Josh

WO has had a big problem with it's player base from the start and that is how much it cost to play and enjoy your self.

Explained and the reason why WU will do far better than WO profit wise ever did.

WO you had a monthly sub after that you had to buy land another 1 time fee then you had a monthly  land upkeep fee.

Monthly sub + Land upkeep fee = X amount of dollars.

The defence of a bunch of people who fail at math will say you don't have to buy silver you can earn it in game. The failure in there math has always been someone had to buy silver for silver to get in the game. most people don't trust buying items and such from people they personaly don't know or that are not a lagit business. So Rolf made alot of money in sells of silver cause he owns the game and all know he is lagit.

WU will have a 1 time purchase fee. No monthly upkeeps that will cost you RL money anymore cause as a GM of your own game you can summon it to pay your upkeep. All who join the server will be premium so no one playing on your server will have to pay a monthly upkeep.

I stated over 5 years ago when I first started playing WO that Rolf needed to combine the monthly fee and deed into a single fee more less a 14.99 a month fee like any other mmo. All mmo's only charge 14.99 tops a month. If this had happened this would have never come to this. The price was always more costly for a player than in any other mmo.

Peoples argument is you don't need that much land it's cheaper if you have a small deed. But where people and there failure again was this was there Opinion and theres alone and was not shared as the same opinion and view of the player base some times more is better. If WO would have had a monthly fee of 14.99 standard monthly mmo fee and with that you would get a premium account with least a 25x25 plot wurm would have seen a bigger player base, and any thing over this would cost extra Wurm would have been noticed by alot more people.

Over the years what was almost one of my turn offs and has been the turn off of many who have came and tried WO has been once they get in and find out they have to pay for land X amount depending on size on top of there monthly game fee they saw it was cheaper to play there older MMO's.

Other MMO's only charge a monthly fee they don't charge for in game coin to pay for land in the type of game you buy plots or land to build upon. It has always been a earned in game coin that had nothing to do with the players pocket book in RL. WO was different it envolved the wallets.

In conclusion this is Why WU will make more sales and bring in a bigger fan base. There is no monthly land fees.

Lets talk about Communities for a min in WO. WO always had divided Cells of players small cells aka Groups who would socialize to them selves. Some of these people in the cells are well out right nasty people who have bad manners and no real people skills and have made a lot of peoples game exp bad which has cost WO a many number of players. Lack of Real GM's who would not allow RL friends or in game friends to act in such manners and not be punished for there actions. This has been seen a lot and I have had a run in before with one occasion my self and at one time if Rolf remembers the letter I sent him on how a lot of people where bashing America a few years back in global chat and how this was not good for his income for Americans to come in and his People policing the chat was doing nothing about it. After that letter I personally left WO for several months but loved the game style and play and decided to come back and apparently Rolf had spoke with people cause I saw very little of it any more in Global chat.

So as far as Community goes these select few will be able to run there own WU servers and not ever have to deal with certain people in game who are never punished for being rude. Which is why many parents who would have loved for there kids to play with them to bring there family closer wouldn't let there kids play WO. This allows them now to let there kids play in a language controlled environment away from rude people who would cause manner issues with there kids who they are trying to raise to be better more polite people.

WU has no down falls but only perks for Rolf and the gamer community. No WU is not for everyone but it is for a % of the gamming Community.

• Like 6